dalawa: "actual education happens here"---

Our Love Transcends History

(slight beta-ed hmmm)

FULL TITLE: actual education happens here, and so does “heartbreak”, awkwardness, blushing, and general “douchebaggery” thanks to Oh Sehun and Co. (oh foreshadowing shhhh)

“Well, that was awkward.” Sehun said to his superior as they both, basking in the light of the moon and the twinkle of the stars, worked to remove the massive banner hanging onto the top of the museum that already welcomed hundreds of people into the place for the day. His superior was using both of his hands to detach a part of the banner therefore his hands couldn’t be used to cover his face that was beginning to become red from embarrassment. “Don’t remind me, please.” Chanyeol muttered as he went about to do his work after much berating from Minseok after THE TOUR (Chanyeol already gave that event a title –albeit pretty lackluster- and cursed himself for being the fumbling and awkward nerd that he was).

“No you wouldn’t really need reminding from me Chanyeol-hyung. You can do all of that by yourself when you’re alone” Chanyeol was almost done with his side “in your cold and dark apartment” really, Chanyeol was dying to go home but now he dreaded the icy ambiance of his apartment “living out your life. Alone. Empty inside. As you replay this day over and over and over and over in your head while watching daytime soaps on TV with your fifty cats.”

Chanyeol was just about ready to push Sehun off the roof and take credit for his friend’s murder but then that would be a very evil thing to do to one of your closest friends. And besides that would probably put him on TV and he wouldn’t want Byun Baekhyun to see his face again. So instead of committing a crime he just groaned to show his annoyance at his friend and also to hide his fear that maybe he will die alone.

“Don’t worry Chanyeol-hyung” Sehun showed his friend a toothy grin filled with sympathy to let Chanyeol see that he is a good friend and that he won’t regret not killing off Sehun “I’ll give you your first 5 cats to start your collection.”

Maybe Chanyeol can use the banner to hide Sehun’s body in and throw him into a river? Yeah, Chanyeol nods to himself; that is a most excellent idea.

 

 

Now, you may be wondering as to why Chanyeol is about to die of mortification, Sehun is having the time of his life laughing his as-s off because of Chanyeol’s misfortune, and why Baekhyun will hate Chanyeol forever (an over-exaggeration by Oh Sehun but an undeniable truth for Park Chanyeol).

THE TOUR started after Sehun finished his spiel on the importance of prehistory and how humans wouldn’t be where they were now if not for the death of dinosaurs therefore we should all be thankful for the dinosaurs’ honorable sacrifice. To be honest, Sehun was only able to continue his “accurate” spiel on prehistory because his boss was, for the lack of a better word, unavailable. By unavailable we mean that he was falling and falling deeper in like as he outright stared at the teacher of the class, Byun Baekhyun. Well, could you blame the man? The teacher was breathtaking, beautiful, eye-catching, glowing- “Yo boss if you could just look away from Bacon-ssi for a second we would love it if you could start the tour.” Sehun finished and all of a sudden you could hear a needle drop in the room if it was there to be dropped.

Chanyeol could feel all the blood in his body rush to his face and everyone could see it happen then and there. (As Sehun kindly put it while they were removing the banner that night, it was like ‘watching a volcano fill up with lava and erupt, destroying all chances of dating Byun Baekhyun and ruining his reputation forever’ -Sehun’s words, not the author’s-).

With an awkward cough to match the awkward 20 seconds that was spent trying to clear his head and the whole group just staring at him, Chanyeol then reintroduced himself to the crowd and led the group towards the Paleozoic Era, in other words the era where it all started (think of it as a debut song if the Earth was, you know, a kpop group).

It was a relatively short tour of the Paleozoic Era filled with early forms of sea life that ended in a tragic matter (the era, not the tour… yet) because of the extinction of most of the marine and land life, caused by massive flooding, volcanic eruptions, and literally the almost loss of oxygen. (“Just like what your love life will be- extinct” Sehun sniggered while folding up the banner on the rooftop).

The group then moved on to the Mesozoic Era (the comeback stage of Earth with its title track: ‘Age of the Reptiles’ with the songs ‘Jurassic Period Era ft. The First Birds’, ‘Dinosaurs Happen’, and ‘Dinosaurs Get Bigger This Is Quite Terrifying’). This too, as we all know, ended with mass extinction courtesy of meteors, massive flooding (again), and volcanoes. (“Again, love life: extinct. Chanyeol: alone. Baekhyun: Most probably disgusted by Chanyeol” Sehun joked as he and Chanyeol went down the stairs of the rooftop, carrying with them the banner that they meticulously, in Chanyeol’s part in an attempt to forget the happenings of the day, folded).

Now you may be getting bored because you’re actually learning (Joonmyun is appalled that you would think that and I, the narrator, would insinuate it) and you would want to know now why Chanyeol’s love life just ended, don’t worry, hold onto your seats because we’re about to get there after a short break.

 

 

Here we are: the Cenozoic Era. The era from 65 million years ago to this day. The era wherein many, well, ‘things’ happened. The death and rebirth of the Earth. (Think of this, in the kpop group context, the 2014 of EXO, a kpop boyband that doesn’t exist in this fanfic…. Too soon? Let me know in the comments below!). This era is also the reason why the tour became THE TOUR, first because this is the time when humans existed and second because this is when Chanyeol facked up so bad (in his and Sehun’s eyes).

Chanyeol just finished introducing the theory of evolution and was about to talk about the evolution of humans when Sehun, with big, pleading eyes, communicated to him non-verbally that he wanted to do the honor of teaching the lesson to the students. Now, Chanyeol knew that letting Sehun do it would be an error of judgment not because of Sehun’s lack of knowledge because Sehun was really intelligent and was taught history endlessly by Chanyeol himself, but because he knew that Sehun would do something mischievous similar to not warning him about the arrival of the group, but God bless his pure heart, he let the younger take the reins (to both the tour and his reputation). Sehun beamed and Chanyeol thought that maybe he made the right decision by making his assistant happy. Hahahahaha.

The lesson started off normal and actually accurate enough and Chanyeol was starting to berate himself for not having enough faith in his friend when Sehun’s plan took off. “Here we have the Homo erectus” Sehun gestured to his left where the figures of the Homo erectus were located and naturally, seeing that in this world there are some immature children who are amused by the very thought of s-ex, some students giggled. What they didn’t expect however was Sehun’s smirk as he outright stared at his boss who realized his grave mistake of letting Sehun handle this part of the tour. For the second time that day, Chanyeol could feel his whole face heat up. Oh sweet summer child, little did he know of the impending doom that was upon him.

“This stage was called as such because of their trait of actually standing up erect. Their backs. Were erect. ‘Straight’.” Sehun said not breaking eye contact with the beet red Chanyeol who, mortified and therefore frozen solid, couldn’t stop his assistant from talking.

“The Homo erectus is also known as the earliest human to have ever controlled fire-“

This time Jongdae couldn’t stop himself anymore as he butted in the explanation.

“I guess you can say” with a sideward glance towards Baekhyun following a knowing gaze at Chanyeol “they literally had sparks.” This time the students were able to catch on the insinuations of their chaperone and were now ooh-ing and aah-ing, this time causing Chanyeol to become redder and for Baekhyun to start blushing as well. That blush of Baekhyun, that tint of red on Baekhyun’s cheeks, stirred something in Kyungsoo that he couldn’t ignore anymore. Dare we say love? Yes, it was. But it was not love for Baekhyun. It was love for something diabolical. It was love for teasing. Let it be shown in the records that Kyungsoo repressed this side of him for a long time now, but it was begging to come out.

And this time, he was out with full force.

Satansoo.

“And that spark lit a fire. And dare I say, that fire is mighty hot and steamy” Kyungsoo smirked at Chanyeol before turning towards Baekhyun, who was now about to match Chanyeol’s color “maybe you can help fanning it, Baekhyun-ssi.” Jongdae and Sehun cackled while the students’ ooh’s and aah’s turned into cheers and more ooh’s and aah’s. Let it also be shown on the records that Chanyeol clearly didn’t see what was about to happen and that it was already dangerous to continue the teasing seeing that Chanyeol’s face looked like it was about to explode because of its sheer redness.

Thud.

Sehun turned towards the sound. “Oh, he fainted.” Sehun said. Silence. “HOLY SH-T HE FAINTED!” Baekhyun screeched and madness ensued, meaning Snapchat was having a field day again, Jongdae actually did his job as a nurse, Satansoo cackling maniacally, and Sehun marveling at what happened.

 

 

Chanyeol could feel an actual prick in his eyes as he recalled the events of the day. He was rushed to the first aid station of the museum where he woke up in three hours later and was informed that his colleague Luhan continued his tour for Su Ho Academy, much to Sehun’s delight and Chanyeol’s mortification. Now how was he supposed to face the teacher after fainting like that?

“I hope you’re done putting down the banner.” Minseok approached Chanyeol and his intern in the locker room. Chanyeol gestured to the banner on his lap and he covered his face after. “Are you feeling better?” Chanyeol shook his head at the question. Minseok sighed as he sat down beside the forlorn curator. Sehun, looking at his hyung, felt a tug of guilt at the state of his friend. He must really be beating himself up for it. “Look Chanyeol-hyung,” Sehun took a deep breath “I’m sorry for what happened a while ago. I didn’t mean for that to happen, and I also didn’t mean those things I joked about a while ago. You’re a cool guy and you won’t end up alone. I’m sure he’s not creeped out by you or anything like that.” Chanyeol sighed but gave the younger a smile. “I know you were just playing around Sehun, I mean nobody knew that that was gonna happen.” Chanyeol ruffled the younger’s hair but soon looked down again and sighed. “I mean, how pathetic can I get though? Fainting in front of someone like that?”

Minseok patted the curator’s back and said “well, if this is any consolation, Baekhyun-ssi told me to send you well wishes and said he’s hoping that you’re alright and if you wanted to, you two could go out sometime.” Chanyeol’s head snapped up and he met Minseok’s wide eyes. “Really?!” Chanyeol barked, clasping onto Minseok’s hands as if they held the answer to the universe’s many unanswered questions. Left speechless at the sudden change of emotion, all that Minseok could do to confirm what he said was nod. Chanyeol’s then frown turned into a million-watt grin as he proceeded to stand up and do a little and very awkward dance, pulling his intern with him to join him in celebration. “Let’s go hyung! I’ll treat you and Sehun to dinner tonight!” Chanyeol left the locker room with a little skip in his steps, Sehun following close behind at the mention of free dinner.

Minseok couldn’t help but smile at the younger’s enthusiasm as he fished out his phone and dialed a number. “Did you tell him yet?” The voice from the other end of the line asked without any greeting for Minseok. “Hello, good evening! How are you? Oh, I’m fine thank you. Manners, Kim Jongdae.” Laughter resounded from the other end as Jongdae apologized for his lack of manners. After the tour Kim Jongdae asked for Minseok’s number because first he wanted to make it up to his friend Baekhyun and the poor curator for the teasing that happened during the tour and second because he was really attracted to Minseok. “But yes, I did tell Chanyeol what Baekhyun said.”

From the other end of the line, the phone was on speaker mode therefore the three friends who were gathered for a meal, meaning Jongdae, Baekhyun, and Kyungsoo, were able to hear what Minseok just said. Jongdae cheered loudly while Kyungsoo smiled as he congratulated Baekhyun. And Baekhyun? Well you could say that it felt like he was learning how to control fire for the first time, but this time this was a fire in the heart. Okay, that comparison is cheesy but you get it. All he needed to do is to give Chanyeol the opportunity to ask him out on that date that they both clearly wanted.

Now how to convince Kim Joonmyun to send him to the museum again?

  

 

 

 

 

---AN---

It took me a month to update huh?

Happy Birthday, RuPaul: A Gif Wall For The Supermodel Of The World ...

Anyway hiiiii!!! Thanks for reading chap 2. If you want you can subscribe boos (and pls comment they fuel me). till the next chapter :D

 

REFERENCE PIC FOR HISTORY AND STUFF:

Prehistoric-Timeline-Nov-2011.jpg

Tnx to wikipedia for being a 'good' source of info. I am in no way a history expert.