isa: welcome to the m(adness)useum

Our Love Transcends History

(slight-betaed sh it hmmmmmmm)

 

 

"I need another field trip for my class."

Kim Joonmyun is a man who believes that he has the capability of being a true leader, given his involvement as student council president in highschool and as a student representative in university. He attended many leadership seminars to avoid being pushed around by others. He had the skills and traits of a true leader: he was intelligent, efficient, kind-hearted, and patient.

"Pray, do tell me why your class needs to go to the museum for the 3rd time this month Baekhyun-seonsaengnim."

Baekhyun-seonsaengnim, or Byun Baekhyun, loathed being called seonsaengnim by his boss Principal Kim; he claims that it made him feel older than the man and that was NOT the case. He clucked his tongue and with a not-so-subtle roll of his eyes, he answered with as much conviction as he could.

"For education's sake."

Principal Kim could feel his right eyebrow twitching unconsciously as he, in turn, not-so-subtly glared at the man in front of him. Deep breaths, Joonmyun. You’re better than this. You are the master of your temper. You are the- “Honestly Joonmyun-hyung you should care for your students’ academic development more.” Kim Joonmyun is a very, VERY patient man.

 

 

Now Byun Baekhyun, within only 3 years of teaching, has become one of the most loved and respected teachers of Su Ho Academy. He had a fresh and unique approach towards teaching history, not to mention his apparent respect and care for the students, teachers, and faculties alike.

He, as most of the student body would attest to, is the 'Bacon of Su Ho Academy' for his mere presence in the morning is more than enough for people who don't have breakfast and most people love bacon… and also because of his name. He is honored to be viewed as such a person by the school and strives to give back as much love as people are giving him (but he's had enough of the 'bacon' thing. God knows he's heard more "What's for breakfast? Eggs and Baekhyun!!!" jokes than there are days in a year).

And so the faculty rarely questioned his decisions when it comes to academics for the students, in fact they highly encouraged his ways and often went to him for suggestions on how to better teach their subject. Therefore when he asked for a field trip to the museum, the head of the history department was more than happy to allow him and so Byun Baekhyun, with the intention of giving his students the most immersive learning experience that he could, set out on a journey with grade 10 and two other chaperones to the nearest museum.

 

 

'Welcome to Yeogsa Museum, where history is never a mystery.' A huge banner that was being adjusted by a man (an auxiliary personnel maybe) greeted Baekhyun and his children (yes, he thought of the students as his children, even the school nurse Kim Jongdae and his student teacher-counterpart Do Kyungsoo --ssshhhh if Kyungsoo ever hears about this Baekhyun is DEAD MEAT, no pun intended-) and his eyes were immediately caught by the Caveman Spongebob on the banner. Well, that was a way to appeal to the younger audiences. Kyungsoo visibly cringed and Jongdae cackled while the kids were snapchatting the hell out of the banner (but mostly they're snapchatting their beloved Mr Bacon).

With a shake of his head, Baekhyun walked up the stairway to the entrance of the museum. His eyes were still on the banner though and if you looked closely, you would have noticed the ‘y tho’ meme faded in the background. Baekhyun started to question his choice for the field trip.

 

 

Baekhyun approached the security guard stationed at the entrance with a charming smile. “Excuse me sir-“and was momentarily struck by the captivating looks of the man. The security man’s hooded eyes met Baekhyun’s and returned the smile of the startled teacher with a thousand-watt smile. “Yes?”

“Oh.” Baekhyun could feel his palms sweating, his throat drying up, and every social skill leave his mind in a blink of an eye –or in this case, a smile of a devastatingly handsome fellow. Great. Really. That’s just the thing he needed. Only God knows that he hasn’t dated anyone in like, ever, too focused on his scholarship in Seoul University and generally not caring for relationships (he actually cared A LOT but was just too shy to become more than friends with anyone).

“Uhm.” He could feel the weight of the man’s gaze on him, every second that passed a shovel of dirt out of Baekhyun’s grave that he desperately wants to drop dead into. He may look like someone who could flirt with ease with any man that caught his attention but no, “Erh,” simply no. “Ah.” Baekhyun still fumbles over his ability to speak, still not over the fatal looks of the security guard in front of him. Kyungsoo, bless his kind heart, decided to step in and save his mentor from further embarrassment and also to finally enter the air-conditioned museum, and walked up to the security guard still watching Baekhyun with patience and a little bit of amusement. Kyungsoo peeked at the man’s nametag and addressed him, finally taking his eyes off Baekhyun.

“Jongin-ssi, may we inquire as to where  Kim Minseok-ssi is? We’re from Su Ho Academy and we are here for a tour of the museum?” Jongin turned away from Baekhyun, only to find himself in the same predicament as the former. Damn this guy is cute. “Hello sir?” Kyungsoo waved his hand in front of Jongin, whose eyes are growing wider by the second to soak in all of Kyungsoo’s profile. DAMN this guy is really cute.

Jongdae had enough of laughing in the background and finally went up to Jongin to a) escape the sun's deathly rays and b) to break the heated ice between the three. “Hello! We’re here for Kim Minseo-ssi.” Jongdae tapped Jongin and repeated his statement when it appeared that Jongin was still drowning in Kyungsoo’s eyes.

The tap was both a wakeup call and lifeline for Jongin as he snapped out of his daze and escaped death via drowning in Do Kyungsoo’s eyes and finally got what Jongdae was saying. “Oh, he is waiting for you all in the prehistoric section, the first hall to the right.” Jongdae said his thanks and with a smile (and an iron grip) dragged both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun into the museum, nodding his head to the students to tell them to follow. As the group walked to the prehistoric section, Jongdae leaned into Baekhyun to ask a question, you know, because he’s the school nurse and he cares for everyone’s welfare and all. “Baek-hyung, do you want to drink water? You look like you’re very-” he really cares for everyone’s welfare “-thirsty.”

Jongdae ran to the back of the group to avoid the renowned hapkido skills of the blushing teacher.

 

 

Baekhyun was more than ready to get a gallon of water (and laugh his off because karma, that’s why) and to pour Jongdae a glass (maybe give him 8 glasses) because Jongdae was more than thirsty. He was parched. He was a dry patch of land for the prehistoric manager Kim Minseok and he was doing a half-assed –honestly he wasn’t even trying- job in hiding it. Kyungsoo was also ready to get Jongdae a gallon of water, not for drinking but to pour over his head to retrieve him into the real from his thoughts, god knows he doesn’t want to enter that mind of Jongdae’s to call him back.

Jongdae’s gape turned into a smirk as he –still- stared at the manager, never minding his co-chaperones and the increasing amounts of his creepy staring and creepy aura and creepy face on the students’ social media.

Kim Minseok, despite the gaze burning at his entire physique, professionally handled the situation by ignoring the school nurse and briefing the class in front of him the agenda of their day. “You will be toured by one of our best museum curators. I hope you have a great time learning here in Yeongsa Museum! I’ll leave you now to Park Chanyeol-ssi.” Minseok turned around to give the spotlight to the curator but only to be met by Chanyeol’s intern, Oh Sehun. “Where’s Chanyeol?”

Sehun looked at Minseok in the eye, “Out.”

Minseok narrowed his eyes. “What’s he doing outside?”

Sehun smirked a little at the thought of what his boss and childhood friend was doing, “About to get his served to him by you.” It was the first time that the group from Su Ho Academy saw someone turn red so fast as Minseok turned to their group with a tight-lipped smile. “If you would excuse me, I just have some things to fix and work to do.” Minseok walked away, muttering things he didn’t wish for the guests to hear but as silence enveloped the room they could all hear what Minseok was saying under his breath.

“For pete’s sake Chanyeol, I told you a million times that we absolutely CANNOT use your freaking concept of a banner no matter how many people it would attract. Park Chanyeol you are dead I swear if he doesn’t take that down I will shove it so far up his he---“ Minseok turned down the hallway and he was gone. The group then shifted their attention to the intern that they were left to and Sehun, not really familiar with what he or to be exact his missing boss Chanyeol had to do, gave them all a not-so-smile and with oh-so-real enthusiasm, started the hopefully accurate spiel on what the prehistoric part of the museum is for.

 

 

The not-so-missing museum curator, Park Chanyeol, admired his handiwork again for the third time after putting it up. He worked all night on the design of the poster despite Minseok’s numerous protests against his idea. Minseok should learn to trust him and his advertising expertise more, after all he is a millennial who knows how to attract other millenials (well Minseok is a millennial as well but ssshhhh Chanyeol knows what he’s doing). Come to think of it, he was the assigned curator for a group of millenials, well, students, who were supposed to be in the museum around this time for the tour. “They’re late.” Chanyeol muttered to himself as he waited for his intern to notify him of the arrival of the Su Ho Academy class.

It was a well-known fact among the staff of the museum that Chanyeol, albeit his high intelligence and charm, was a bit naïve and too trusting of others. That was why despite his and Sehun’s long history of friendship filled with pranks and mischief, he still trusted the latter (because according to him, Sehun pushed through when it mattered the most: i.e. his high school years when he was smol and was the favorite taget of many douches). And so when Sehun, a fresh graduate of Chanyeol's alma mater Seoul University, was looking for job experience, he was more than happy to hire the younger as his intern and entrusted him many tasks that he seemed to do well on. So there was no doubt that Sehun would be able to inform him of the arrival of the group, a not-so-simple task compared to the others assigned to him. ‘Why not-so-simple?’ you may ask. You see, Chanyeol gave Sehun this important task so that he could put up his masterpiece of a banner in secret, planning on putting it up when Minseok is already in the museum and removing it before Minseok leaves for the day. His plan was flawless and he was convinced that he could really trust Sehun with this, something that would prove fatal because-

“PARK. CHAN. YEOL!” A shrill voice pierced through the morning air, making birds resting in trees fly away and passers-by watch in curiosity (well they were already looking because that banner was really… well… eye-catching).

“YOUR GROUP IS ALREADY INSIDE AND YOU’RE UP THERE DOING WHAT?” Chanyeol’s wide eyes grew impossibly wider as he peeked at the entrance of the museum. Kim Minseok looked like he was on the verge of a heart attack or cold-blooded murder and Chanyeol wanted to be a part of neither.

“YOU’RE. DEAD. MEAT!!!”  Dusting off his pants, he escaped through the door to the roof and, thank God for his long legs, bolted to the prehistoric section, cursing Oh Sehun under his breath.

 

 

“I’m sorry”-a huff- “for my” -a puff- “tardiness” and Byun Baekhyun’s mind was once again blown away by the man who was catching his breath while leaning on the archway. For heaven's sake Baekhyun came here to learn with his students and to appreciate art and the bones of dead people and creatures, not to be captivated by living and breathing pices of art. He was tall, gigantic, lanky, titanic, and Baekhyun should stop because really those are all just synonyms. But it was true; the man seemed to have caught his breath and was now standing tall, and he was towering over Baekhyun, looking around the room at the students who were watching the moment unfold with a curious air

“N-no, it’s okay.” Baekhyun breathed out, feeling like he was the one who needed to catch his breath instead of the man who looked like he ran a marathon to get to the prehistoric part of the museum. “It’s really-“the man seemed to have acquainted himself with the faces of the students and the other two chaperones, and finally looked straight into Baekhyun’s eyes “-really fine.”

 

 

“-really fine.”

All of a sudden Chanyeol couldn’t breathe again. How could he not notice the Adonis in front of him? The music of angels? The light of the sun? Chanyeol wasn’t sure if love at first sight was true but wow-you’re-the-cutest-person-I’ve-ever-seen-so-I-am-not-infatuated-with-you at first sight was most certainly true as they both stared at each other for what felt like a lifetime.

Kyungsoo could feel his eyeballs falling out of their sockets because of the amount of times he’s rolled his eyes out of the 30 seconds the two stared at each other, Jongdae’s mere seconds away from getting Baekhyun a truck of water, and the students are still being ignored and deprived of their museum trip. Chanyeol (after sneakily wiping his hand on his pants to wipe off sweat just in case) put out his hand for a handshake and Baekhyun all but grabbed Chanyeol’s hand. They both felt literal sparks (that is why you need to be hydrated kids) yet neither wanted to pull away.

Wow, Snapchat was having a field day thanks to Byun Baekhyun’s class.

 

 

 

---AN---

So this turned into a three-shot (that I will hopefully update soon). Well anyway

RE: Looking for a little sissy. m x m or m x futa. Twisted kinks.

I'm back to writing yay! It's been a long time since I wrote a fanfic so I'm really rusty and stuff but I hope you guys enjoyed this piece of sh it! Hmmmm dayum that YoI reference in the title hahaha and the les mis one too. Do comment (comments are nectar to me) and subscribe honeybees <3 and until the next chapter xoxo