chapter 15 - double update

the lonely cue ball

"Sowon.." Eunha called out softly as she nudges Sowon who is still sleeping. But instead of waking up, Sowon pulled the comforter to her face and continued sleeping. Eunha then picked up the bolster and start hitting her girlfriend, at the same time shouting, "Baby! Wake up!”

Still closing her eyes, Sowon mumbled, "So are you trying to be fierce now?"

"It's 8am already, time to wake up." Eunha replied, and started the nudging again.

"The lounge only start operating at 12pm, why do I need to wake up 4 hours earlier?" Sowon asked in a frustrated tone.

"But, I'm going to have a study session with Tzuyu." said Eunha as she got off the bed.

"I thought you are starting school next week?" Sowon asked.

"Yes, but it's necessary to do some revision and get prepared for school." Eunha answered and walked to the toilet.

"Even so, it has nothing to do with me. She is coming to our place, isn't it?" said Sowon, burying her face under the comforter.

"But she doesn't know her way here. So I said that we will be fetching her here." said Eunha as she brushes her teeth.

"Jung Eunha!" Sowon shouted and threw Eunha's pillow to the floor.

----------

"Are you angry?" Eunha asked when the car stopped at the Tzuyu's place.

"No. Just that, living with you and dating with you is completely different." Sowon replied.

"Regret?" Eunha asked.

"Well, nothing can be compared to you sleeping beside me every morning when I wake up." said Sowon.

"Good morning." said Tzuyu when she got into the car.

"Later I will be getting breakfast for us after dropping both of you off at my place. Tzuyu, what would you like to have?" Sowon asked.

"Anything is fine." Tzuyu replied.

"Oh, erm… alright." said Sowon.

After Sowon dropped the girls at her place, she drove off to the nearby shopping mall to get the breakfast. While she is looking for some food for the girls, she bumped into Namjoo.

"Am I seeing things? You are up so early for breakfast?" Namjoo asked when she saw Sowon carrying a bag of food.

"This is really killing me." Sowon replied.

"It's not easy to stay with someone else in the first place." said Namjoo knowing that Eunha is the reason that Sowon is up so early.

"If you still consider yourself as my best friend, treat me to some coffee." Sowon said and both of them went to grab a drink at the cafe.

----------

"So, how do you find this place?" Eunha asked when she opened the door.

Looking around Sowon's apartment, Tzuyu replied, "It's very clean and neat."

"I told you. Sowon's personality is totally different from the first impression you had of her." said Eunha.

"Well, unnie, this is also what I want to talk to you about." said Tzuyu as she sat down on the sofa.

"What is it?" Eunha asked.

"I understand about your family situation now. I can also see that Sowon is really nice by having you to move into her place but have you thought about your future? Sowon is also around your age, she doesn't have any qualifications and only have a small business with some snooker skills but that is not going to last long, isn't it?" said Tzuyu.

"I spoke to Sowon about this before. She said that she might not be able to give me luxury life but she is still able to support me in financial terms. Besides, my dad or rather, my guardian will be still paying for my school fees. There is nothing much to worry about." Eunha replied.

"Okay, this aside, are you sure that Sowon is going to be with you for a long time? I'm not trying to be harsh here, but you have to see things this way, if one day she is going to dump you and where are you going to stay?" Tzuyu questioned again.

"I believe in Sowon. She promised me that she will not leave me alone." said Eunha.

"Promises can be broken. Besides, you know that school is sending us for one year internship in US soon, are you sure Sowon can still keep her promise? You should be clearer than anyone to know that Sowon sleeps around with other girls. She may not stay faithful to you." Tzuyu said.

"I don't know why you are talking about all these. I know you care but I really want you to know that Sowon is not as bad as you thought." Eunha replied in a slightly upset tone.

"Unnie, I just hope you can think it over carefully." said Tzuyu.

"Breakfast here!" Sowon called out as she opened the door.

Laying the food on the table, Sowon said, "I know that you guys can't start studying without having your stomach filled."

"Thank you." said Tzuyu and she started eating her food.

"Sowon-ah, what about you?" Eunha asked.

"I had a quick one with Namjoo just now." Sowon replied as she picked up her cue stick and start practicing.

"Are you going to keep playing that for the whole day?" Tzuyu asked.

"Don't worry, I know that both of you will be studying later. I'm just having a quick game before I go to the lounge." Sowon replied.

"Why do you still play snooker when you know that Eunha unnie doesn't like it?" Tzuyu questioned.

"Tzuyu! Drop that question." said Eunha as she thinks that Tzuyu is getting too much.

"Ah, looks like you hate snooker more than her. Okay, I shall stop playing and go to the lounge earlier. Please excuse me." said Sowon and she grabbed some clothes from the wardrobe and went to the toilet.

"Tzuyu , when will you start to accept Sowon like how my friends did?" Eunha asked and went to the toilet as well.

-----

"Sowon?" Eunha called out and got into the toilet before Sowon closes the door.

"You need to use the toilet?" Sowon asked.

"No, I just want to apologise on the behalf of Tzuyu." Eunha replied.

"Don't. She’s right in some ways." said Sowon and as she was about to take off her shirt, she asked, "Are you going to watch me change or what?"

"Let me help you change." Eunha replied, taking off Sowon's shirt.

"Why are you crying? Are you feeling bad?" Sowon asked when she saw tears in Eunha's eyes. But Eunha did not reply, she just merely shook her head and put on the clean shirt for Sowon.

"I'm really okay, don't cry please?" said Sowon as she cupped Eunha's cheeks.

"I love you." said Eunha, leaning forward to kiss Sowon.

"I love you too… By the way, the coming match, are you dropping out?" Sowon asked.

"No, dropping out will just show others that I am guilty for poisoning Jisoo." Eunha replied.

"That's my girl. Okay, let's get out of here before Tzuyu starts to wonder what we doing inside here." said Sowon.

-----

"Okay, enjoy doing your revision. Tzuyu, make yourself at home." Sowon said as she puts her shoes, prepared to go out.

"Thanks. Have a good day." Tzuyu said formally.

“I won't be home early so if you want to, you can drop by the lounge later or you can sleep without me." said Sowon.

"I will miss you, take care." Eunha said, giving a kiss to Sowon before the latter left the house.

----------

"Dad, there is something that I want to speak to you about." said Sungjae.

"What is it?" Mr Yook asked.

"Are planning to create some sort of car accident?" Sungjae questioned, thinking that it's the best way to approach his dad.

"I don't think you should talk to me in such a manner. Besides, what are you worrying about? You should concentrate on your upcoming games." Mr Yook answered.

"I heard that we are in some financial troubles. Dad, you can just take my winnings from my previous matches to pay for the interest or to hold the debtors for a while but please don't do anything that will put others at risk of harm." said Sungjae.

"I'm going to forget what you have said today because if I were to let your mom knows about it, you will most likely get yourself ruined." Mr Yook said.

"I think this whole family doesn't recognize the fact that snooker is not as important as other matters." Sungjae said and left the house.

----------

Just as Sowon got out the lift in the shopping mall, she saw Yuju and Umji standing outside the lounge with their cue cases, peeping into the lounge every now and then.

"Hey, why are both of you here so early? You should know by now that the lounge opens at 12pm right?" Sowon asked as she took out the keys to unlock the door.

"We were worried about the upcoming round so we called Eunha to ask if she wants to have some practice. But she told us that she is not free and you will be coming to the lounge early, so we thought we should come early too." Yuju explained.

"Then alright, pick any table you want to. I will be at the counter polishing the snooker balls, just let me know if you guys have any problems." said Sowon.

"Thank you boss! You are so nice!" Umji replied.

After a while, instead of doing the polishing at the counter, Sowon brought the trays of snooker balls to the table next to the duo and started chatting with them.

"Do you all know what kind of person Tzuyu is?" Sowon asked.

"A perfect model student, to the extent that people are scared of her." Umji answered.

"But Eunha seems to be doing fine with her." said Sowon.

"Eunha will be fine with anyone else as long as the person wants to befriend her." Yuju said, smacking her head when she missed the pocket by a little.

"You don't shoot it this way. The angle of your cue stick is wrong and you need to increase your force." Sowon commented.

"Sometimes I wish I have half of your skills. You are really way too good." said Umji.

"All I know is how to play snooker. Just throw me any school book, I will be buried right under them." Sowon replied as she took over Yuju's cue stick and do a demonstration.

"Oh, here comes Yerin." said Yuju when she saw Yerin entered the lounge.

"Your cue stick is slightly bent to the right. Pass it to Namjoo when she comes, she is really good in repairing it." Sowon said and gave a wink before walking to the bar counter.

-----

"Where is your girlfriend?" Yerin teased.

"Studying at home with her school mate." Sowon replied.

"No wonder you are flirting around." Yerin joked.

"I need to talk to you." Sowon said in a sudden change of tone.

"I know, your doctor called me yesterday night. It's about the heart transplant at Japan right?" Yerin asked.

"If I really want to go for it, I will need a year." Sowon replied.

"And you are worried for Eunha." Yerin pointed out.

"Since she no longer has a family, I should try to stay by her side at all times." said Sowon.

"But isn't it better to be able to take care of her forever than not knowing when your heart will stop?" said Yerin as she tries to persuade Sowon.

"Let me consider it again. Anyway, I want to get her a ring. Any good ideas?" Sowon asked.

"For this, I think you are asking the wrong person..." Yerin replied.

"I am a member of this one jewelry store. Need my help?" Yuju popped out from nowhere and asked.

----------

"Time for me to go home. It's getting late and we did quite a lot of revision too." said Tzuyu as she started to pack her bag.

"Can you stay for a little longer?" Eunha asked.

"Unnie, I'm already behind time. I need to go get some stationery then head back home before 12am." Tzuyu replied.

"Oh, okay then. I will see you in school next week." said Eunha as she opened the door for Tzuyu.

Looking at the time, Eunha realised that there is still 2 more hours before the lounge closes and Sowon will probably reached home around 1am. Previously, even if she is alone in her room, her dad will always pop by to check on her. Yet this time, she is left all alone in the empty apartment.

"I better get teddy to accompany me." said Eunha, bringing her teddy bear over to the sofa and sat there, hoping that time will fly.

---------- 

"Hi, is there anything I can help?" The salesgirl asked.

"Uh, I'm looking for rings, more of an engagement ring." said Sowon.

"For both of you?" The salesgirl asked which made both Sowon and Yuju shout at the same time, "Oh no! Who wants to be with her?"

"Okay, I'm sorry about it." The salesgirl apologised, laughing softly at their reaction.

"Well, I want something simple and unique. The size is about the same as her fourth finger." said Sowon, pointing at Yuju.

"This is our latest collection, you can try these rings." said the salesgirl as she took out a tray of diamond rings.

"I think she will like this." Yuju said and took out a ring with a heart shaped diamond on top of it.

"Miss, you really have a great taste. It's rare to find a heart shaped diamond with good workmanship." the salesgirl replied.

"And Sowon, you should have this." said Yuju as she took out another ring which has the same design.

"Okay, I will take these two." Sowon said, looking satisfied.

-----

"Thank you so much for your membership card, if not my earnings for this month wouldn't be enough to pay for the rings." said Sowon.

"No problem, I am sure Eunha will be so happy to see the ring." Yuju said.

"Let me send you home first before I go back to give the silly girl a surprise." said Sowon as she opened the door for Yuju.

----------

"Yerin-ah!" SinB called out as she entered the lounge.

"Why are you here at this time?" Yerin asked since the girl didn't contact her for the whole day.

"Umji messaged me that you are doing the closing alone today. So I took a taxi here." said SinB, walking to the bar counter and gave Yerin a hug.

"So sweet of you, maybe I should give you a reward." Yerin replied and as she was about to lean forward to kiss SinB, someone entered the lounge.

"I need to talk to both of you." said Sungjae.

"Sungjae? What is about?" SinB asked.

"I don't know if I should say this, but I'm afraid that if I don't, I will regret for the rest of my life." Sungjae said, letting out a sigh.

"Go ahead." Yerin replied.

"My dad is plotting on a fake car accident but I don't know whose car it is going to be. I don't even know when will he take the action, the nearest that I could thought of is the coming competition. Among us, I know that Sowon is the only one with car. I'm afraid that it might be her." said Sungjae in a serious tone.

"Even if it is going to be Sowon, what is his motive?" SinB asked.

"The only reason that I could think of is the shares that Sowon might inherit if she agrees to reconcile with her parents." said Yerin, rubbing her chin as she recalled the unknown 40% of shares that the investigator has mentioned.

"My parents are indeed facing some financial difficulties, there is no way I can stop them except to get you guys to keep a lookout on this issue." Sungjae requested.

"I will make the necessary arrangement but please don't let Eunha or Sowon knows about it. Sowon might confront Mr Yook and if the victim isn't supposed to be Sowon, he might start to suspect that you are the one who leaked this out." said Yerin.

"I am already prepared to let them ruin my snooker career. I just hope that nothing will happen to anyone." said Sungjae, nodding his head.

----------

For the past two hours, Eunha has been waiting for Sowon to come back that she started to doze off. Soon, she fell asleep with one hand supporting her head and another hand still hugging her teddy bear. After another hour has passed, Eunha is already in a deep sleep without knowing that Sowon is back despite the latter's keys are making noises.

Having to see Eunha sleeping in a sitting position on the sofa, Sowon tip-toed towards her as quiet as she could, afraid to wake the girl up.

"Didn't I tell you to sleep without me?" Sowon whispered softly.

Sowon then spent the past half an hour looking at how Eunha sleeps, smiling to herself at the same time for having such a cute girlfriend.

"This girl is so forgetful." Sowon said and gently took off Eunha's spectacles but it still woke her up in the end.

"Sowon… you are back?" Eunha asked softly and instead of replying, Sowon just kept staring at her.

"Did I drool?" Eunha asked, looking confused when Sowon started smiling.

"You are so silly... yet so cute at the same time." Sowon finally spoke up.

"Being alone in an empty apartment is really scary." Eunha whined in the cutest tone she ever used.

"Sorry for being so late." said Sowon as she moved towards Eunha and hugged the latter from behind.

"How was your day?" Eunha asked.

"It was fine. But I went out on a date with Yuju." Sowon replied.

"Really?" Eunha asked in a calm tone.

"You are not supposed to react this way." said Sowon, looking disappointed.

"I would believe that you went out with Yuju, but not on a date." Eunha replied, rubbing Sowon's hand.

"I'm supposed to be a player in relationships, but I guess when I met you, it's as good as declaring game over. Where is the straw ring I gave you that day?" Sowon asked.

"It's inside the drawer, together with the first month's present you gave me." said Eunha.

"I told you that the straw ring is just for temporary, so just now I went to get you this." said Sowon, taking out a small box from her pocket. Opening the box, she said, "Will you let me take care of you forever?"

"Baby... you shouldn't spend such money on this." said Eunha as she got up and turned to face Sowon.

"When I was driving just now, a lot of things went through my mind. And I realised, I love you more than words can describe. When words can't describe, we use object then." Sowon replied in a joking tone and put on the ring for Eunha.

"Is that yours?" Eunha asked when she noticed a ring on Sowon's finger.

"Yes, and why are you still hugging that just now?" said Sowon, pointing at Eunha's teddy bear.

"Because my big bear wasn't around." Eunha said softly.

"And now, your big bear is back to hug you!" Sowon said as she lie down on the sofa and pulled Eunha towards her, hugging the latter tightly.

---------

 

authors note: sorry for the late update... and this fic will end soon, just a few more chapters to go. please look forward for the next drama!