chapter 14 - double update

the lonely cue ball

author notes: *wipes off dust* *sprays air freshener* okay, i'm finally back! here's a double update to make it up for you guys. if you already forgot this story, feel free to refer back to the previous chapters xD


----------

"Hyung! Is my car ready?" Sungjae asked.

"You are so early!" The repairman replied as he do a final check on Sungjae's car.

"Yeah, no choice, I have a competition later so I need my car." said Sungjae.

"I was about to get one of my workers to send it over since you are so well-known now." The repairman joked.

"Hyung, I used to work here and I know how troublesome it is if every client insist on delivering the car to them." Sungjae replied.

"I was just joking. Anyway, your dad was even earlier than you." said the repairman.

"But I thought his car is doing well?" Sungjae asked, looking puzzled.

"I wished I could stop my workers from accepting such dirty deals but well, they need to earn a living too." said the repairman as he let out a sigh.

"You mean to remove the brakes and lock the driver in when the car starts? My dad asked for that?" Sungjae asked.

"Yes, it’s been such a long time since we get this kind of deals." The repairman said.

"I will ask my dad about it and if possible, stop doing such things. I don't want to see anyone of you getting caught." said Sungjae as he got on his car and drove off, wondering about his dad's motive.

----------

"Where is Eunha?" Sowon said to herself when she woke up to see that Eunha is no longer on her bed. Worried that the latter might do something foolish again, Sowon rushed out of the room to search for her.

"Hey, Sowon." The doctor called out when he saw Sowon running out of Eunha's room, looking worried.

"Have you seen Eunha?" Sowon asked.

"I already told Jeongyeon to write a note but this girl must've forgotten all about it." The doctor replied.

"Note? Eunha is with Jeongyeon?" Sowon asked again.

"Look how worried you are. Eunha woke up this morning and her friends are here too. And because you were sleeping so soundly, I got Jeongyeon to bring them to the cafeteria since her shift is over."

"Then is Eunha okay already?" Sowon asked.

"I did a check on her. She’s okay already, in fact I was about to ask you what did you say to her to make her wake up." The doctor replied.

"Just some stuff... thank you doctor, I'm going to the cafeteria to look for them." said Sowon.

----------

"Eunha… I was so worried about you when I heard from SinB that you tried to commit suicide." said Yuju who is almost close to tears.

"Sorry for the troubles..." Eunha apologized.

"It's okay. As long as you’re okay now, we will be relieved too." said SinB.

"How are you going to deal with the situation now?" Umji asked.

"I can't possibly go back to that house anymore, but I have nowhere to go to either." Eunha replied softly.

"What about staying at Sowon's place?" Yuju suggested.

"I don't know..." said Eunha with a frown on her face.

"Hey girls, I don't know what you all want so I bought coffee for everyone." said Jeongyeon as she came back to the table with a tray.

"No problem, coffee is fine." SinB replied with a smile.

"So Jeongyeon,  you are Sowon's friend?" Yuju asked.

"Well, we knew each other since young. Although her health is always giving her problems, but she always stand up for me when I'm being bullied. But in the end, she will be scolded by my dad for overworking her heart." said Jeongyeon. And as Jeongyeon is sharing stories about Sowon, Eunha just simply kept quiet as she stirs her cup of coffee.

"And why are you talking behind my back?" Sowon asked as she placed her hands on Jeongyeon's shoulders.

"These girls definitely need to know what kind of person you are behind the cold mask you've put on." Jeongyeon replied, grabbing a chair for Sowon.

"You should be going home to rest since you have a shift later." Sowon reminded as she sat down.

"By the way, Sowon, your match is today right?" Umji asked.

Yes, but I just received a message. Somehow my opponent dropped out and I am moving on to the third round." Sowon said with a shrug.

"Is it? The association also just informed Eunha that both Jisoo and her will move up to the third round too." said Yuju.

"Third round is getting tougher, we won't even know our opponent before the match." said Umji.

"Jeongyeon, do you play snooker?" SinB asked. But instead of Jeongyeon replying, Sowon held Jeongyeon's hand up.

"Her hands are meant to save lives, not to play snooker." Sowon said with a laugh.

"I really know nuts about it." Jeongyeon said.

"Well, you can always learn. Just like Eunha, a nerd playing snooker." Yuju joked.

While the rest was expecting some response from Eunha, they realised she is only paying attention to her coffee.

"Eunha?" Umji called out waving her hand infront of Eunha.

"Yes?" Eunha looked up and asked.

"Are you okay?" Sowon asked, knowing that something is wrong with Eunha.

"Yeah, I am..." Eunha replied softly.

"Okay girls, I have to make a move. See you all tomorrow." said Jeongyeon.

"We are leaving too. Mind giving us a ride?" Yuju asked.

"Sure, let's go." Jeongyeon replied and left together with the three girls.

"Hmm, are you going back to your place tomorrow?" Sowon asked.

"I...don't know." Eunha replied.

"Give me a minute okay." said Sowon and she went off to the drinks stall to take a straw.

-----

"I don't know if you heard me clearly yesterday night... but I want to take care of you forever." Sowon said, holding up a straw ring.

"Do you really mean it?" Eunha asked.

"I don't want to know what happened between your parents and mine. I just want us to be together, forever." said Sowon, putting the ring on Eunha's finger.

"What if...my parents, I mean your parents object to our relationship?" Eunha asked.

"I don't blame them for giving up on me in the past, but since I am always on my own, I will respect them if they let me decide my life. And you are my life now." Sowon replied.

"I'm afraid to go back on my own to take my stuff..." said Eunha.

"Silly, I will go back with you. Not as their daughter, but as your girlfriend." said Sowon as she tapped the tip of Eunha's nose playfully.

----------

The next morning after the doctor gave Eunha and Sowon a last check, he allowed both of them to be discharged and constantly reminding Sowon not to get too worked up again.

Since Sowon's car is still at the shopping mall carpark, both of them took a taxi to Eunha's place. On the way there, Sowon can see that Eunha is so nervous but she knows that no words could comfort the latter except to keep holding onto the her hand.

"My princess is back. Are you feeling better?" Mr Jung asked when he opened the gate for Eunha and Sowon.

"Hi Mr Jung. I'm here to help Eunha with some packing up. She is moving to my place." said Sowon when they entered the place.

"Why are you still coming back here?" Mrs Jung asked as she came out from her room.

"The reason she’s here is to make sure that you won't have the second chance to repeat your question in the future." Sowon replied.

"Be sure to take away every single thing of yours. And Sowon, when are you going to move in?" Mrs Jung asked.

"I don't know what are you talking about. I have my own apartment, I don't need to stay in my girlfriend's house." Sowon said.

"Girlfriend? I mean you moving in here as my daughter." said Mrs Jung.

"That's even weirder. I don't remember being someone's daughter. Eunha, let's go to your room and pack up." said Sowon.

"Eunha, dad is really sorry about everything. Are you really moving out?" Mr Jung asked, looking very concerned.

"I... never blamed you for anything, Mr Jung. Just that, it will be better for me to move out. And the 10% of shares, I will do a transfer back as soon as I can." Eunha replied.

"It hurts so much for you to call me Mr Jung. Continue to call me dad and I always regard you as my daughter. For the shares, keep it. I didn't give it to you just to reduce my guilt. Besides, your mom and I are getting a divorce... can we still meet up in the future?" Mr Jung asked.

"Of course... dad, I really love you. I really don't blame you for anything. And, Sowon will take good care of me in the future. Don't worry." said Eunha as she gave Mr Jung an assuring hug.

"Sowon... whatever that has happened in the past, I am sorry about it. I know you are even happier without knowing who are your birth parents. So you can still call me Mr Jung, and thank you for taking good care of Eunha." said Mr Jung.

"No problem." Sowon replied without looking at Mr Jung because in her heart, she still blames her parents for giving up on her in the past be it for any reason.

Just as Sowon and Eunha are about to leave after packing, Mrs Jung said, "On Monday, I will make an official declaration to severe ties with you and Sowon, you have to come with me to make necessary procedures."

Sowon then put down the luggage and walked towards Mrs Jung. "Listen carefully. I am an orphan and will always be one. Go ahead to severe any ties you want to, because I think Eunha will be happier living without a mother like you. And one last time, don't try any more tricks to get me into your association. I can play very well, but I can also play the worst game ever." said Sowon as she pointed her index finger at Mrs Jung.

"Eunha, let's go home." said Sowon and both of them left the house.

----------