Chapter 2

I Miss Her

I am most definitely dreaming. This is just impossible, too good to be true.

Why the heck am I with Joy in a ferris wheel? We’re both silent. Ugh… I hate this. This must have been an illusion I created since I’ve been missing Joy lately, but I need to break this silence. Maybe, if I talk with her, she’ll disappear.

“Uhhh…. Hi!” I greeted. I almost face-palmed myself. That’s the most awkward greeting in the world.

“I must be dreaming.” I heard her whisper.

“Yeah… I must be dreaming too.” I said and I smile at her. This Joy in my dream seems flustered and she can’t look straight at me. I find it cute, this is very different from our first meeting when she lead the way so maturely. But, I like this Joy too… not that she’s real.

She seems to be talking to herself/ She’s shaking her head a lot, as if arguing with herself.

“Yahh… Soyoung-ah!” I called her real name, which was the name I address her back in WGM days. Joy suddenly, looked determinedly at me; I almost laugh at how cute she is. Ahhh… this dream is amazing.

Suddenly, I felt soft hands touching my face. I stared at Joy, she’s staring at me. She held my face with both her hands, her fingers tracing every detail of my face. Okayyyy… this seems too real to be a dream.

“You’re really here.” She said, her eyes glistening with tears. Ahhh.. I hate seeing anyone cry, especially Joy, “Sungjae-oppa, you’re really here.”

Ohhh… so this is not a dream. I touched her hands and felt her warmth. Wow! This is really not a dream. But how??? Suddenly, Joy looked annoyed. Then she slapped my hands away. Okay… what the hell is with this sudden change in mood?

“YOU!” she shouted, “I have a lot of things I want to nag you about but…” she huffed. Okay… what did I do?

“Why didn’t you contact me after our WGM?” she asked madly. Okay… so I did that. “If you’re busy, you could have said so. But why did you avoid me?”

Also, I did that, “If you’re worried that we’ll be seen with each other, you can just text our call me or chat me.” Okay… I did a lot of things worth getting angry for, but…

 “You know what, forget it. I don’t want to hear it.” She declared. Then she huffed and looked away angrily. She didn’t look at me anymore.

I felt myself getting sad and worried of her, “Soyoung-ah…” I called. “I’m sorry. I know I can’t redeem myself but I am sorry. It’s okay if you’re angry with me. I think it’s better that way.”

It was silent again.  Ugh, when is this ferris wheel going to stop? This silence is suffocating.

“You’re not even trying.” She whispered. “I hate you.”

I felt my heart fall and break. I know I told her it’s fine if she’s angry with me, but… this does not sit well with me. I want her to look at me, be friendly with me… just like before. I really want to hold her and comfort her right now. I feel like I need to or we’ll never be fine.

The door to the ferris wheel opened and Joy ran away. I instinctively ran after her even though my head said I shouldn’t.

“Soyoung, wait…” I called.

“Don’t come after me. Don’t come near me.” She shouted. That called attention of a few people around us. I realized Joy isn’t even hidden. I ran to her and pulled her hoodie.

“Okay… let’s talk in a less crowded place.” I suggested as I tried to hide her as much as I can. I saw people pointing at us. Some are taking out their cellphones to take pictures if us.

“That’s Joy right? From Red Velvet?” Someone said. “Who’s with her?” Another asked. “Why are they fighting?”

“We really should go now.” I told Joy as I hailed a taxi. She obeyed me, realizing she made a mistake. As I was about to get in the taxi, my hoodie fell off and revealed my face.

“SUNGJAE!” One of the crowd shouted. “Joy is with Sungjae.” I quickly shut the taxi door but I bet we had a lot of pictures already.

It was silent in the cab. I felt the need to break the silence. “Are you okay?” I asked.

“Will you be fine?” She asked back. I looked at her, confused. “I mean you work so hard just so there won’t be any rumors about us and yet you were seen with me. So much for avoiding me…” She said angrily and worriedly. I felt annoyed.

“Look, it was for the good of both of us.” I reasoned. I added, “Besides, you did not try that hard as well.”

As soon as I said that, I regret it. Man… sometimes, I’m just so stupid. The cab stopped, it’s her company. She sighed.

“I know.” She said, before going out of the cab. I looked at her back as she walked inside the building. I am definitely not going to see her anymore. I can feel that. I can also feel that I will regret this moment. But…

The cab went on and soon I reached our apartment. Ahhh… I just want to be alone. Going out was really a bad idea. I should have just listened to my hyungs and slept. Ahhh… I wish they’re not here yet, I’m not in the mood to fake smiles and converse as if nothing is happening with me right now.

I went inside and I was surprised to see my members, our managers and some of the staff in the room. They all looked worried at me. This is really not going the way I want it to go.

“Sungjae!” Minhyuk-hyung called. He quickly stood up and went to hug me. I saw Eunkwang-hyung, who was being comforted by Minhyuk-hung earlier, stood up as well, looking relieved to see me. Actually, they all looked relieved to see me. Our manager seems to get what I was thinking as he pulled out his phone and searched something before he showed it to me.

‘BTOB Yook Sungjae is seen with Red Velvet Joy at the Amusement Park.’; ‘SungJoy Reunion: Real This Time; ‘SungJoy: Secret Date turned into Lovers Quarrel.

 I gasped. They’re already out? There’s a lot of pictures as well. I looked worriedly at my hyungs.

“I’m sorry.” I blurted.

“What happened?” Eunkwang calmly asked.

“It was an accident.” I said. My hyungs looked at me as if I am being interrogated.

“Did you really not went to the park to meet Joy?” Changsub-hyung asked.

“No!” I defended, “I told you it was an accident. I just happened to meet her at the park where I decided to lounge around.”

“Are you sure?” our manager asked.

“Yes. It was all just an honest mistake.” I explained.

“Then what about the pictures?” Ilhoon-hyung asked. I glared at him.

“I’m telling you that this was all just a misunderstanding. I bumped with Soyoung at the park and she seems to be getting too much attention so I shielded her away from them/ But we were caught on camera.” I explained.

“You are telling the truth, right Sungjae? You weren’t hiding anything from us, right?”

‘Yes!” I shouted. Why do they even doubt me? They saw how sad I was when I wasn’t able to contact Joy for months.

I heard our manager sigh. “The director and producers of the drama you will be starring in just called.” he said.

“His drama won’t be affected right?” Hyunsik-hyung asked.\

Our manager sighed again, “They said there will be a press conference tomorrow to cover this blunder up.”

“This is Sungjae’s first lead role drama, he’s supposed to hit it off with the lead actress. If people assume that he’s in a relationship with Joy, his chemistry with the actress might go down as people might only want to see him with Joy. That’s bad for the show, it might plop.” Minhyuk-hyung explained.

I sighed. “I’m sorry”

Eunkwang-hyung tapped my shoulder, “Tomorrow’s a big day. You should rest so you can prepare.”

xXxXx

 

AN: I totally forgot I had SungJoy story… ahh… and I totally forgot the plot I was aiming for. I hope I can remember it as I write through… and hopefully, I don’t forget this story again.