Chapter 22 - Masquerade

House Made Of Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Chapter TWENTY TWO [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Masquerade

Jeongyeon’s POV

I have an apartment in Tokyo, I was in my bedroom, I was standing in front of the mirror, fixing my suit and shirt… I sighed, I brushed down my bangs as I wore the black masquerade mask… I can hear the laughters of chaeyoung and baekhyun, I left my bedroom and saw them playing with the masks, seriously, how old are they?

“Do you think she will recognize me?” I said standing in front of them

“excuse me who are you?” chaeyoung joked

“can I see your ID sir?” baekhyun added

“Who am I talking with seriously” I rolled my eyes

“Don’t worry sir, you will find your loved ones” baekhyun added, me and chaeyoung sighed in worry

“Speaking about IDs, here is our fake IDs and invitation cards” I said handing it to them.

“Out of all names, you chose Patrick?” chaeyoung nagged, putting the card’s strap around his neck

“Glad that you are not SpongeBob then” baekhyun joked and both of them were laughing so hard, how can they be so calm while I am about to my pants from nervousness?

“Your name is woody HAHAHAHA” chaeyoung laughed at baekhyun

“Let’s go young men” I said going to the front door and they followed me

 

I drove to the party location, a single building on the street, it wasn’t far, I visited this place before it’s a huge building with 3 floors, the first one is a huge hall for parties and meetings, the second one had restaurants, VIP of course, while the third one was like a small hotels for the visitors to keep their stuff in.

 

The security was so tight and empathic… the security guy was looking at our IDs

“Patrick, Woody and Micheal?” he said

“Yes, we are foreigners” I said in English

“IN” he said giving us our IDs back

“Mission one accomplished” I said high fiving chaeyoung and baekhyun at the same time…

 

 

The hall was crowded, men and women, wearing their luxurious dresses and suits, the lights weren’t so light, the concept of the party was mysterious and vagueness, we walked in, walking between the masked business men and their wives that they were chatting and laughing as they sipped their wine or whiskey.

“how are we supposed to find them?” chaeyoung whispered to me as the three of us stood next to the bar, looking around.

“We will, we will” I said, mentally praying that I won’t leave here before I see momo or even jiyong.

I was touching my mask very often, while looking around, long brown hair, I was repeating, why I can’t find her?, I was walking between them, trying my best not look weird as I stared at each woman, but negative, I can’t find her.

 

I was taking a sip of my whiskey while closing my eyes, I felt someone passing by me, I took a deep breath, this is it, this is the perfume momo used to put, I looked behind me but I don’t know who the girl was, I walked to the direction I assumed she walked in but I can’t find anyone I guess she was wearing soemthing red or the mask was red but i found someone familair i prayed that it was her… I sighed and went to the third floor, I went to the bathroom, I took off my mask and watch and washed my face, I was feeling hot from the suit, the crowd and the mask…

I heard a baby crying, I didn’t know if it was girl or a boy, all I was concerned about was the way he was crying, it sounded so loud and desperate, I followed the sound, I opened the door, it wasn’t fully closed after all, I found a woman in her mid 50s, I assume it’s his nanny or grandmother, the baby boy was wearing and wrapped in yellow blanket

I didn’t remove my mask “Why he is crying?” I asked the woman in japenese but she gave me a frightened look

“Shhhhh” I calmed the baby and held his hand. His whole hand held my finger, only the tip actually, I smiled “Cute little human” I said, I leaned in and kissed his forehead, he was calm now and staring at me with his brown eyes… I bowed my head to the woman and left to the hall… I was still looking around I touched my wrist “Oh my watch!” I said, I forgot her by the sink in the bathroom, I rushed back to the bathroom and luckily it was there, I out it on again and I heard the baby crying but not as much as before, his crying voice was different like whining and it disappeared, no one was around so I walked slowly to the room I was standing by the bedroom's door when I saw momo carrying daeun. No wonder this lady in mask felt familiar to me..it's her.. My woman.. The love of my life..My everything... Someone whom I felt very grateful yet sorry at the same time.. The woman I will bring her back to me even if I had to fight everyone. I gripped the door while watching her trying to make daeun burp, I couldn’t believe that I didn’t recognize my own daughter it made me feel awful, daeun is so small, I want to hug her and leave plenty kisses all over her body, she is now 2 months old, she has momo’s big brown eyes, her hair didn’t grow up yet but I can see that it’s the same as mine… Momo now has a short hair, dark red, it suited her so much, she was wearing a long satin dress, she looked so beautiful and classy… as always, my wife, my beautiful wife. She was about to turn around but I hid behind the door, I took a peek and she was kissing her head.

“are you sleepyyy?" Momo said in her usual cute voice making me smile, How an amazing mother she is. I bit my lower lip and slowly walked backward going back to the party.. Finally I found her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung’s POV

I was standing in the garden I took out a cigarette and lit it, I feel hopeless and desperate, I stared at each woman in the hall and none of them had mina’s hair or smile… I am afraid that that guy Jaeguk didn’t tell us the truth  

I looked up at the sky, the moon was clear, complete and bright… same as the countless stars around it

“Where you at my love?” I said in a low voice

I looked at the far left, I found a girl, staring at the sky same as me

“Stop you are searching for mina” I said under my breath, I lightly s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter