Chapter 1 - Their Lives

House Made Of Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Chapter ONE [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Their Lives 

The United States – Los Angeles
10 August 2015 8 PM

The sound of the TV echoed in the living room, where Jeongyeon was sitting on the couch, Blowing on the noodles ready to devour the whole cup until he noticed something interesting on the TV, he picked up the remote control and put the volume to the max, even his neighbors in the next apartment can hear the news.

“The prime minister of South Korea Yoo JooWon launched a new school under his name, he happily cut the red ribbon surrounded by citizens who were cheering for him loudly as he waved and smiled to them brightly”  The news announcer said, Jeongyeon laughed and lowered the volume

“My dad is a legend” he said proudly, but his expression changed when he saw a WhatsApp message from his mom from South Korea, He didn’t care when he found that she sent 2 pictures… The pictures that he never, Ever! Downloaded.

Pictures of his 4 years old son, Yoo Iseul. His birth caused death to Im Nayeon, jeongyeon’s wife, he refused to believe that she is gone and dead, the love of his life left? He escaped and ran away from everything and everyone.

He finished his Doctoral politics Degrees a few weeks ago, Politics degrees are likely to include an examination of past and current political conflicts; different models and mechanisms of government; concepts such as freedom, equality and human rights; and ideologies such as communism, anarchism and liberalism. Sounds like a lot to take on, doesn’t it? But after all, jeongyeon was always a genius, it was never hard to him to finish a 300-page book in less than a week.

Koreans were always anticipating his actions and articles, but they never knew the reason of him being away from home –neither does him-.

He looked at the corner of the room, that’s full of books and dictionaries he is not bilingual nor trilingual He is Multilingual, he knows how to speak Korean, English, Japanese and Chinese.

He stretched his arms and got up to his room, he lied on the huge empty bed

“Is it time to go back home?” he murmured “Time to sleep young man” he said as he slowly closed his eyes. Trying his best not to think about what is waiting for him as soon as he arrives at the airport in Korea.

South Korea – Seoul

“We are here! We are here!” sana said hitting momo’s arm with every word making the latter roll her eyes in frustration

“We come here every day and you always do the same thing!” momo said glaring at the brunette

“even looking at the mansion from behind the fences makes me happy, how would it feels living in it?” sana said in a dreamy tone, looking at the well-designed architecture of the Yoo Mansion, the mansion of the Prime Minister.

“Like hell” momo replied coldly

“No fun No fun!”

Momo the 26 years old girl, never liked wealthy people, her job as a babysitter in the fanciest kindergarten in Seoul made her involved with rich women that she never liked, even their kids are so spoiled and whiny, unlike how she and her brother were raised.

“There he is” a smile left her lips as soon she saw a specific kid that always got all her attention and love, yes she does the same to all kids but for her, he was special, so special.

He was holding his yellow lunch box with the mickey mouse back bag, the maid that was holding his hand never smiled to them which made momo be 100% sure that living inside that mansion is hell-like.

His innocent eyes met momo’s, he didn’t hesitate to ran to the bus where momo was waiting him by the door, she bowed to the maid humbly but the latter glared at her and stood in her place like a statue.

Momo gave her attention back to iseul, she kneeled on the floor so she can see his beautiful face clearly

“How is my iseul today?” she asked caressing his hair

“Iseul mith noona thoo muth” he said as a grin left his small face, she laughed and picked him up she let him sit beside her she was chatting with him all the time, he was the only kid that doesn’t have a mother nor a father which made momo feel bad for him. But he is humble and kind even more than other kids that have parents, eventually they arrived at the kindergarten where Iseul always spend his best time.

“How was the weekend iseul-ah?” momo asked while side hugging him

“I just stayed at home, my grandfather doesn’t allow me to go out” iseul said pouting making momo sigh sadly at him

“It’s okay we will have fun at the kindergarten!” she replied cheerfully making him smile <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter