beginning

live it up, baby

 

It’s night, 1am to be exact, when Sungyeol lights up a cigarette at the smoking room of the small bar Sungjong recommended him. Maybe you’ll find the one you need, he had said and then his phone had rang and Sungjong had answered it muttering something about 'boyfriend problems’. Sungyeol didn’t have those, and he didn’t quite know if Sungjong meant that he should find himself a one-night stand or a guitarist for the band he’s in. Really, does it even matter to him anymore? He hasn’t had in months, so the only friend to help is his right hand. And when it comes to finding a guitarist - Sungyeol has given up. But Sunggyu won’t manage as the only guitarist, so they said that Sungyeol should find one because apparently the others are 'too busy’. Bull, says Sungyeol. Sunggyu is just too busy ing with his boyfriend, which has given Sungyeol a lot of lack of sleep, thank you very much, Howon and Dongwoo are too busy being all lovey-dovey since they’ve just gotten together and Sungjong has boyfriend problems as always, this time it someone called Lee Taemin, at least that what he thinks his name is.

 

Sungyeol's pissed when the cigarette comes to an end - he likes the feeling of smoking, the way it relieves your stress, they way it somehow makes him just… calm down. It’s a habit almost all of them have - Dongwoo and Woohyun do it mostly after a great gig or when they’re drunk as hell, which can be a lot of times, but then again, hardly all of them mind - it has become a habit that they can’t end.

Sungyeol is already thinking of leaving the club - there is nobody he is interested in nor has there been any possible guitarists for their team - but then it happens. A magical moment, as Sungjong likes to call them.

 

“And next we have our regular guitarist Kim Myungsoo who has a new song for us! The stage is yours!” And Sungyeol, who usually doesn’t give a flying when he has given up, is suddenly all ears. He sprints out of the room to face a damn gorgeus man who is currently checking if his guitar is alright, if everything is perfect. But the man shows no nervousness, which Sungyeol can tell because even if Howon looks like he has tons of confidence, he gets too ing nervous before every single gig.

Sungyeol knows that he’s ed when the man lifts up his head and locks eyes with him. Sungyeol knows he’s even more ed when the man sends him a small smile. He can’t know who Sungyeol is, can he?

 

The first song that the man plays and which he clarifies as his own - it catches Sungyeol off guard. It’s damn beautiful, even if Sungyeol hates love songs from the bottom of his heart since he only has bad break-ups for those. But something in it makes Sungyeol feel somehow happy because the man is telling about love so happily, it isn’t like anything like what their band writes - mostly from Sungyeol’s bad relationships since the other have had pretty good dating lives (except maybe Howon, but that’s a story for another time).

 

Sungyeol watches the mysterious guitar man play Light by FT Island and he thinks, no, he knows that this man has to be the guitarist of their bandSungyeol has only heard him play two songs but he’s sure that this man has to be the one who takes the spot. Not the weird, most likely a druggie one who Sunggyu introduced to them, not the owner of the famous gay bar who Dongwoo brought, no. It has to be him.

Sungyeol watches all of the songs that the man plays and with each song he falls deeper into the music, he falls to lyrics, the tune, the voice of the man. And damn, Sungyeol almost wants to fall in love from only this but he knows that’s impossible - that’s something people aren’t able to do.

 

Then the music ends, and the 80s rock music is back at playing in the background. Sungyeol wants to go for another cigarette when someone, maybe a guard, comes to him. Okay, first, Sungyeol hasn’t broken anything this time out of aggression, so why? Second, he totally isn’t -faced where he can’t even walk, so why? Third, Sungyeol totally hasn’t punched anyone today, so why?

 

“Kim Myungsoo wants to see you.” Who the …?

 

“Excuse me, but I don’t know a Kim Myungsoo nor I think he knows me, so off”, Sungyeol spats because even after going all soft for the guitarist man, he really isn’t in the mood to talk to anyone. What if it’s a crazy fan going after him? Screw that, they aren’t that popular.

 

“But he says he knows you, so just come with me”, the guard says, takes Sungyeol by the hand and basically drags him backstage.

 

“What the , I said I don’t know a person called Kim Myungsoo, I-”

 

“But I know you, Sungyeol.”

 

Sungyeol knows that voice. Okay, maybe that's a bit creepy since he just heard it like 10 minutes ago for the first time but it's already in his mind. He would know it already wherever he goes because that voice got him, that voice made him... feel. But still, Sungyeol just glares at Myungsoo, "Why the are you inviting me here? Do you have a reason?"

 

Now it's Myungsoo's time to be a bit taken-back and he even blushes a bit.

 

"I- I know about the band you're in, Infinite, and damn I- I know you need a guitarist and I wanted to ask if... wait this is stupid, pretend that you never heard any of it."

 

Myungsoo looks embarrassed but Sungyeol thinks it's cute. Myungsoo us cute. Myungsoo has messy hair, a teardrop tattoo under his eye, pretty lips and Sungyeol swears he sees a neck tattoo too. It's kind of hot and if the situation wasn't so awkward maybe Sungyeol would be but Myungsoo is just a stranger who he doesn't know but there's something in Sungyeol's mind that yells at him to do the stupidest thing ever.

 

"Kiss me." Damn my mind.

 

"Excuse me?"

 

"Kiss me, you er."

 

 

And then Sungyeol is pinned against a wall with Myungsoo kissing him as hard as he can, tongue teasingly his lips. And Sungyeol answers, of course he ing does, and there they are, making out until they’re out of breath. 

 

“I have a room upstairs, wanna go?” Sungyeol can see the smirk that forms on Myungsoo’s lips and he knows where this is going but he loves it so much, already. Sungyeol is so needy and then he has Myungsoo, a too-damn-gorgeus-and-y, man in front of him. Sungyeol wants to go for it.

 

Sungyeol takes Myungsoo’s hand and gives him a smile, “let’s go”.