Unspoken

MEMORIES: A Guy I Once Knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It wouldn’t have been a lie to say that he liked her...this Irene girl.

 

Anyone could tell. It was like some sort of unspoken secret that was obvious within the school’s population. Because of course, like the fact that birds fly and fish swim, good looking people attract good looking people. And both Suga and Irene were undoubtedly good looking people.

 

It was practically the most annoying thing to watch at that time. Yes, Jennie Kim had wandered off to the cafeteria. And no, she wasn’t there to spy or so called keep an eye on them. She was there for to settle the unbearing burn of hunger that was surely going to eat away at her stomach lining if she didn’t do anything about it. It wasn’t her fault that they were there in the centre, and despite the vast vicinity, the duo was so easy to spot.

Him, with his broad frame draped in an oversized attire of depressive dark colors and she being tall, long legged, and just stunning; a timeless beauty. It helped that majority of those around were equally attentive to them. Even if the boy wasn’t showing much emotion (it was rare for him to do so), Jennie could tell that there was something there. Even if he wasn't saying anything, which he seemed to not be doing. There was something he felt for her.

But, whatever.

 

What bothered her more at that time was how Irene was the type to order a salad and just pick at the veggies not once really eating and sipping on water, while there Jennie was with her pasta and garlic bread--carbs on carbs.

There was a moment where Jennie’s gaze crossed paths with that of Suga. It was a one time thing because the boy’s eyes were glued to the beauty beside him practically always, besides then. But at that single second, Jennie would only smirk at him, raising her water can of sode in a cheers motion sarcastically. Surely there was no jealousy there, but she quickly devoured what else remained on her plate after. Because unlike others, she was definitely going to eat.

 

She’s almost out of the zone, when she is rudely hit in the head with a freaking water bottle. Thank goodness it’s empty, but that doesn’t leave her impressed either way. The culprit is Jungkook and his miserable inability to aim. He’s just about born without a single athletic bone in his body, so it came to no surprise that he had missed the mark. He had tried out for the varsity basketball team two years in a row and failed each time before he finally got in. Jennie’s pretty sure that the acceptance was more due to his outstanding showcase of perseverance more so than any talent. But who knows, maybe one day he'll improve. 

 

“Sorry Jen Jen,” the smiley boy laughs. Jennie could never understand how he’s often so merry those days or how he came to the conclusion to address her in such a nickname.

 

“You really need to work on your throw. Or else you’ll always be benched,” she goes off to pick up the item off the floor, but is proven to be too slow when a hand snatches it away first.

 

“Why are you picking up garbage Jen?” Taehyung laughs as he straightens up, taking the emptied tray from her hands and placing all items into the appropriate bins.

 

“Shut up,” she nudges at her friend as she thanked him. He throws his now available arm over his short girl.

 

“Jennie…” Unaware to when it happened, but Suga had entered into the picture. She’s not sure what happened to Irene, for she was obviously gone by then. There’s a part of her that’s ever so slightly curious as to how things had ended with their little date, if one could call it that.

 

“Uh, hey,” nevertheless, she wasn’t going to ask.

 

“Didn’t think you were hungry,” There was something in the way that Suga said it that irked her.

She gave him no reply, not even a friendly smile. Her eyes just shot at him for a second before looking away. It was neither quite nice nor rude, but rather lacked any sort of emotion.

 

Taehyung and Suga were in no way considered friends. They didn’t have any beef with the other nor were they enemies, but so far within the months, they didn’t hold much of an opinion. It also didn’t quite seem like they really wanted to get to know the other either. Plus there wasn’t any apparent intention to try. At that time, that was their thing, floating in this ambiguous relationship of being peers or something like acquaintances.

 

There was always an awkwardness that would swoop in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter