Yongguk: Strip That Down

money got the world going

The sound of high heels clicking against the pavement filled the room as she strode down the hallway to her changing room. She was breathing heavily as she had only finished her last show of the night. Her hands were rough from the tight grip she had on the poll and her inner thighs were a bit bruised. 

Her new choreography was a bit tough, it required a lot of strength and stamina. Fortunately, she only did it once every week, when the club was full. This was the second time performing it and the crowd had been bigger than usual, which meant a lot more tips, but also more work.

Really, she could label tonight as being her best show so far, Y/N was extremely proud because she managed to pull it off. When she first got into the business, there were a few doubts about it. Not being the confident type, she was a bit shy on her first performance, almost falling from the poll a couple of times.

Two years later and countless of gigs done, she didn't regret it. Sure, sometimes there was the occasional creep that tried to push it further than allowed, but that always got resolved. 

As wrong as it might have sounded, she enjoyed twirling around the poll.

Most would expect her job to stand in the way of her love life, but it was quite the opposite. As a matter of fact, Y/N's boyfriend enjoyed what she was doing a bit too much. 

Not only that, but it was through her job that they met.

Yongguk was a rich kid that frequented the club Y/N worked at. He wore expensive suits and shoes that sparkled more than the marble floors of the strip club. 

He would come there every Saturday and stay in the back, never daring to come close to the stage. His eyes would scan every girl, observing the way they moved, danced and walked. Despite that, they were always dull, his face showing nothing but boredom.

Yongguk showed no interest in the girls that would come and offer him a , he just tipped them and told them to go away.

He was a strange client, that was for sure, and that was what attracted Y/N even more, perhaps.

Their first meeting was quite strange, as it didn't happen the way you would expect it to. Y/N was filling in a shift for the bartender, as the club was a little low on staff and the original person had called in sick. Problem was, she didn't know much about mixing drinks, so that night any fancy mix was taken off the menus, the club only sticking to basic stuff.

Yongguk walked in wearing a purple suit that caught the eyes of everyone in the room. He had his head held high and the same monotonous look.

He headed straight towards the bar, not even glancing at the people around him. Y/N guessed that was how all rich kids that were only rich because of inheritance acted. Stuck-up and snobby.

The man sat down on one of the stools and picked up the menu, not saying anything at first. Y/N could only watch from the corner of her eye as he frowned and scoffed.

"What is this? Is this club throwing a kids party? Where did all the good drinks go?"

His piercing eyes fell upon Y/N, scanning her from up to down with a displeased look on his face.

"Who are you? Where's Hoshi?"

The girl turned around, trying not to frown at the superior tone he was using. She got closer to him, taking the menu from his hands.

"He's sick." Y/N said simply " I'm filling in until he gets back."

Slamming his hand against the table, Yongguk scoffed and got up.

"And who's gonna prepare my Cosmopolitan?" he rudely asked, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Your what?" Y/N asked innocently.

Groaning, Yongguk sat back against. Y/N really didn't understand why he wouldn't just go to another club if he was so desperate for his Cosmonaut.

"It's a drink, it's a New York drink. Also the only reason I come to this club."

"Clients usually come here for the music and girls, not for the drinks. They go to bars for that." she said, twisting around to the rack of drinks.

Unintentionally, Yongguk's eyes wandered a bit lower than intended. He immediately averted his eyes, his cheeks already reddening a bit. This was frustrating.

"I don't listen to anything other than Jazz and Neo Soul"

Y/N turned around to make a sarcastic comment, but the boy had already left, his sit vacant. She looked around the club trying to find him, to spot a bit of his purple suit, but she couldn't see anything.

The next time they met, Y/N had less clothes on and was dancing around a poll. Yongguk had come for his drink once again, but as he sat down, he couldn't help as his eyes settled on one girl in particular. Her face was familiar and Yongguk got further in his seat to get a better look.

Yes, he had seen those playful eyes somewhere, but he couldn't quite figure out where.

Unknowingly, he sat up and got closer to the stage where the girl was dancing. Her body was slowly curving to the beat of the song, hands clinging to the metal bar.

Before he knew it, Yongguk was right in front of the stage, his eyes never leaving the girl. As she twirled around with her back facing him, he remembered. The bar girl.

Even though it was unlike him, he stayed in front and waited for her to finish her performance. 

Y/N saw him in the crowd, but didn't give him any sign that she did, her mind too focused on the dance.

After the performance, she went to her changing room and put on a hoodie and some pants. She liked comfortable clothes, probably because they were unlike those she wore on stage.

She was brushing her hair when a knock was heard at the door. Shouting a short "come in", she put the brush down and turned, only to come face to face with Yongguk.

"I am sorry miss" the bodyguard started "He is a frequent costumer and our manager allowed him to come see you."

Initially, Y/N wanted to protest but as she saw Yongguk's side profile when he turned toward the other man, her words died in .

"It's- it's alright. I'll call if there's anything." She mumbled.

The door closed as the bodyguard left, leaving the two in silence.

"I didn't catch your name" Yongguk said, smiling towards her. It must've been the first time she saw him smile and it made her heart twist in content.

"I never told you my name" she answered while sitting on her mirror table. "But it's Y/N."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Yongguk." He said, slowly lifting her hand and leaving a kiss on it.

He was really charming, even she could admit that. It made her want to continue the conversation.

"What brings you here, then?" She asked.

"I saw your show" he said "And it was probably the first time in months I've actually cared enough to watch someone dance."

Y/N could only stare in surprise. She knew of Yongguk's habits of not caring, but she seriously doubted her dance could've captured his attention, especially since she wasn't even one of the best in the club.

"And?" She urged him to continue.

"I would like to know you better." He stated, keeping eye contact.

The room suddenly felt very hot for both of them. Y/N was blushing like mad and Yongguk was there looking very glamorous and his smile was worth more than anything.

So they exchanged numbers and met up a couple of times. Each time, Yongguk didn't fail to mention how her clothes were much more comfortable than what he would've expected, how for someone that stripped for a living she was incredibly shy, how she walked weirdly despite looking amazing in heels.

And yes he was a brat, a spoiled rich brat that tried to use him money to get favors from her more than once, but he was also kind, charming and, most important than all, he came to love her. And she loved him too.

They have been together for a little over a year now and nothing has come between them. Y/N could only smile as she entered her dressing room, her memories still fresh in her mind.

"What are you smiling at, creep?" A voice brought her back.

Y/N lifted her head only to see Yongguk sitting on her sofa and, strangely enough, wearing the same suit he had worn the day they first met.

"Nothing, really. I'm just happy"

Yongguk got up, taking her face between his hands and kissing her softly. With his forehead on hers, he looked at her.

"You were great tonight."

Even after all this time, he would still come and watch her. And despite the other girls in the club that were much better, he only had eyes for her.