Yoon Jisung (1)--Broken Heart

Produce 101 season 2 imagines~

(Requested by @exsuho1004. I know...2 updates in one day!! Whoo!!)

"Boy you gotta be aware--la la la, la la la!" (Y/N) belted out the last notes of Ailee's "I'll Show You" in the karaoke room.

Someone clapped loudly, and she turned around. There wasn't anyone in sight. Maybe she was hallucinating after breaking up with that terrible jerk. 

He had cheated on her, treated her like she was less than dirt. And he was the one who had dumped her, as if he hadn't done anything wrong.

She switched off the machine and sat down on the couch. The music in the room next door was still playing, DAY6's Congratulations. Another break-up song. A boy was singing passionately, his voice also broken that it hit her in the feelings. The pain hurt so badly that she found herself in tears, once again. She sobbed into her knees.

The music stopped. The door opened. A hand went on her shoulder, but it wasn't in any way uncomfortable. It was the gentlest touch she had felt since she was a child. The comfort that the hand was giving was definitely not anything like what she had experienced with that jerk from her past. Yes, she had put him in the past now.

"Excuse me," the voice behind the hand said, and she finally looked up. "Hey, I know this is really random, but did something sad happen today?"

She nodded, choking back sobs.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

She shook her head.

His eyes told her that it was fine not to say anything. "Okay, I'll go first then. I broke up with my girlfriend today."

"Me, too," she said. "But with a guy."

"I'm so sorry."

They were silent for a moment, and (Y/N) finally started breathing normally. Her tears were gone. Somehow, this boy's presence had completely calmed her.

"My name is Yoon Jisung," he told her. "And welcome back to the singles club!"

She burst out laughing.

"Ooh, you laughed!" He made a funny face, causing her to laugh again.

It felt so good to feel a little bit of happiness again. She whispered, "Thank you."

"No problem. Now, you sounded amazing at singing. Do you know any other Ailee songs?"

"Of course!" She jumped up in excitement. "I'll sing 'Heaven'." 

"Ooh, that's my favorite!" he yelled. 

She handed him another mic. "Let's sing it together." 

The rest of the night was spent by singing, dancing, and laughing with one another. She had to admit that he had helped to ease the pain inside of her chest.

"Jisung," she began, then realized that he had fallen asleep on the couch. He looked so tired and worn out, but there was a happy smile on his face. She couldn't help but smile, too. "Thanks for healing my broken heart."

"What?" he had woken up, startling her. 

"Nothing," she said quickly. "Just that I think the karaoke is closing."

"Oh." He got up and dusted off his jacket. "Come on, I finished paying already."

"Wow, that's so nice of you!" 

"And you're very welcome for the healing of your broken heart." He grinned at her surprised expression, holding out his phone. "Number?"