Lai Guanlin (1+2) --Noona

Produce 101 season 2 imagines~

Requested by @mykimnini and @owandmt 

It all started when he walked into the plane at 10:55, just five minutes before the takeoff. He was so tall, with the biggest and deepest eyes she'd ever seen. He was Lai Guanlin, the most loved foreign male celebrity in Korea.

She had to mentally slap herself. After all, this plane trip was strictly for business--for a magazine pictorial for charity, in fact. She was determined to do extremely well and get more donors for this organization--in fact, she was going to stay completely focused and not get distracted at all. But he sure made it impossible to do so. 

He was wearing a white button up shirt, and he rolled up his sleeves to his elbows. To make matters worse, he was staring at her as if she was the most attractive being he had ever seen. 

"Congratulations for winning the most loved female celebrity," he said, as he sat in the seat across from hers.

"Thank you so much." Slightly embarrassed for no reason, (Y/N) turned her own gaze to a camera, which was already snapping pictures of the two of them. 

"Can the two of you hold hands?" the photographer asked. They weren't even at the location for the photoshoot, but apparently they needed photos for the newspapers and to satisfy the paparazzi.

(Y/N) hesitantly stuck out her hand, and Lai Guanlin himself took it with such smooth confidence. She felt butterflies in her stomach and couldn't help but wonder why. 

"Okay, now a little closer. Keep smiling!"

He broke out in a gorgeous smile, his eyes still on her, and (Y/N) hoped her face wasn't reddening. Gosh, why was this so difficult all of a sudden? She had been doing this for so long, and yet...

"Great. We'll continue this later," the photographer said, much to her relief. She quickly pulled a sleep mask over her face and fell asleep.

Lai Guanlin couldn't help watching the most-loved female celebrity as she slept. He marveled at how easygoing her personality was--she could sleep so comfortably and easily without even worrying about how funny she looked or whether or not people would take photos of her. No wonder she was so popular.

And, of course, she was drop-dead gorgeous. He leaned in a little closer, then realized that he had woken her up. 

"Sorry!" he said quickly, as she pulled down the sleep mask.

"It's totally okay," she said, grinning. "How long was I asleep?"

"Like...maybe 30 minutes?" 

She sighed. "We still have a long way to go."

"I think so. The photoshoot is at Dubai, and that's pretty far from Incheon."

She fumbled through her backpack and brought out a journal. "Want to take turns writing a story?"

He nodded. "That's a good idea."

Soon enough, they had begun writing about  struggles, events, and even funny moments that had occurred in their lives. He had gotten to know (Y/N) in a deeper way than anyone else he'd ever known--and only in a few hours!

They ordered the exact same thing for dinner, and laughed together at pretty much everything. Wow, Guanlin laughed more with her than he had in a year. She was amazing. And when she laughed--well, he couldn't stop staring.

(Y/N) woke up at 4 A.M. the next day--two hours before the shoot began. At 5 A.M., Guanlin was already standing at the beach, wearing a white button down, a black jacket, and black pants (like this image: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/668643875898148892/). (Y/N) was wearing a simple and flowy white sundress with sandals. The two of them began walking down the beach, talking.

"So, how do you envision yourself five years from now?" she asked.

"Hmm...I haven't really thought about it too much. I want to still be doing what I'm doing now, but I would also like to get a college degree," he said with a smile.

"That's amazing!" (Y/N) said with a proud smile. "For me, I'd love to sing more and maybe even act!" 

"I think you'll be an amazing actress," he said shyly. "You're--"

"Beautiful?" she said jokingly.

He nodded. 

Surprised, she didn't know how to react. 

"All right, hallyu stars, let's start snapping!" shouted the photographer. 

They simply walked along the beach as the sun began to rise, marveling at the beauty of everything that surrounded them and secretly admiring each other. Then they had to go their separate ways: Guanlin to Wanna-One, and (Y/N) to a different awards ceremony.

A few months later, she received a gift box in her mail. Opening it, she found a photobook of her and Guanlin, with his signature. However, when she got to the last page, out come a single note: "Noona, I really treasured our time together. For some reason, I haven't been able to forget that sunrise on the beach and the talks we had on the plane. I was hoping that if you're willing, we could meet again. Here's my number: xxx-xxx-xxxx."

She picked up her phone and began dialing...

"Hello?" A deep voice answered her.

"This is (Y/N)..."

And that was the beginning of a romance.

 

Author's Note: I want to apologize for taking so long to come back and updating! I just finished junior year and I am now starting my college applications. I will be writing some imagines to keep the sweetness in my life flowing~ <3