Kang Daniel (2+3)--I'll Cross the Seas

Produce 101 season 2 imagines~

Requested by @shutupimoneofakind and @euigeon

(Y/N) gazed with pride at the love of her life: Kang Daniel.

Of course, he didn't really know that she existed, but that didn't matter.

She had traveled 6000 miles, a whole sea, and across a dozen cities just to see him once. And, to her greatest satisfaction, he was radiant. He was worth it.

"Yeol-eo-jwo, Yeol-eo-jwo," sang the team. She screamed as Daniel swept his hand across his thigh, and she gasped with delight at his intense gaze and gorgeous outfit. What a king. 

She began cheering and holding up her banner--one that had taken her five hours to make--with Kang Daniel's beautiful face on the front and the words, "Kang Daniel, marry me!"

After the performance, she walked out with the rest of the crowd, but simply stood outside the building, marveling at the beauty of South Korea and just simply trying to recover from the jetlag. When the rest of the audience had left, she felt someone tap her on the shoulder. 

Kang. Daniel. Was. Standing. Right. In. Front. Of. Her.

"Ahh!" she screamed, then didn't know how else to respond. 

Laughing, Daniel waited until she became silent. "Are you a fan?"

She nodded.

"I see. Is that a banner--for me?" he nodded at her huge banner.

Realizing that it had a whole marriage proposal on it, she quickly put it behind her back, but Daniel was too fast. His fingers unfurled it in no time, and (Y/N) could only look away, mortified.

"Kang Daniel, marry me..." 

She still looked away, trying to hide her burning cheeks.

He smiled at her so gently that she was surprised. "I can't marry yet, because I have to debut...but I'm down for coffee if you want."

 

----

 

(Y/N) couldn't help but be frustrated. How could a boyfriend not text back for over 168 hours? Especially when he had his charger with him 24/7...

The doorbell rung, and (Y/N) came to answer it. It was her boyfriend of one and a half years, Kang Daniel--now a member of WANNA-ONE and the most popular male star in Korea.

"(Y/N)..." Daniel was saying, but she was already angry. 

"How dare you not text back! You haven't been answering my calls! You haven't even been reading any of the messages I send! How could you?" she exploded.

"(Y/N), I--"

"You made me worry! I could barely sleep, and--!"

"(Y/N)..." Daniel finally cut in, "Manager Jang found out."

"What?!" 

"He saw me texting you. He took away my phone and cut off all the modes of communication I had."

She gasped. "And?"

"He said that I can't see you anymore."

"So you're here...to break up with me?"

"(Y/N), I--"

"It's fine. Just go." She turned away.

Daniel left the room and went to the balcony, knowing that he would say something he would regret if he didn't.

(Y/N) began to sob. The boy that she had crossed oceans for before, was going to leave her and break her apart. And she would be alone again, without love to brighten up her life. 

That was when she felt strong arms enveloping her. Strong arms that could only belong to Daniel himself.

"(Y/N), you didn't let me finish," he whispered softly. "You know how much I love you. I've cared for you since I first had a date with you in that coffee shop and realized how similar your story was to mine, how much you wanted something that you thought you couldn't have--love."

She was silent, but the tears had stopped.

"(Y/N), I told the manager that I'd quit if he wouldn't let me date you." 

"You did what?!" She tore herself from his arms to stare at him.

He shrugged. "And the manager finally gave in. So you and I are free to be together: on one condition."

"What condition?"

"That you and I go public." He grinned. 

"Finally? We can be together freely? And walk together in amusement parks, and...and..."

He nodded. "Yes, my love." 

She wrapped her arms around his neck. "Are you sure you're okay with this? Won't this ruin your career?"

"I'm Kang Daniel, so it's okay. And you're (Y/N). We'll get through this. I'll cross the seas for you, like you did for me," he said, pulling her even closer for a kiss.