I Want You Back

Let's Fall in Love Again

Hiiii~ So uhm i know i said it will only be 3 chapters but I decided to divide the last part so there will now be 4 chapters. Here's the first part. I hope you can forgive Gyu now~ And please leave a comment if you enjoyed it. Thanks. Lovelots ❤

---------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

It has been three years already since he left.


A lot of things might have changed.


But not his love for Woohyun.

 

He hated himself for ever leaving Woohyun. He hated himself for being a coward. But hey, what can he actually do?

He loves Woohyun more than himself. He may act selfish at times but when it comes to Woohyun, he can be the most selfless human to ever walk on Earth.

He left because he needed to. He left because he must. To protect the love of his life. He was afraid that time. But now he's tired of running away and hiding in the shadows just to protect Woohyun from his father's threats.

Now he's going to fight.
He's going to get his Woohyun back, at all cost.

Now if Woohyun woukd only hear him out...


----------------------------------
Sunggyu was walking towards Woohyun's apartment building when he spotted the said man laughing at something a stranger had said.

Well, a stranger for you, Sunggyu's mind said.

He watched as Woohyun's eyes turned into crescents, his laugh sounding really joyful.

That should be me. 

I should be the one to make you laugh like that.


He looked at the stranger and fumed when he noticed how he was touching his Woohyun's hands. And Woohyun on the other hand was not even bothered. 

As if it was a regular incident.


The thought sparked up the jealousy in Sunggyu and he scurried to their direction, his feet making noises on the pavement which effectively caught the two men's attention.

 

The stranger still didn't let go of Woohyun's hand so he glared at him. He grabbed Woohyun's arm and dragged him to his side, gave one last glare to the other man and then whispered to Woohyun

 

"We need to talk. I'm serious now."

 

Woohyun was still dazed at what happened earlier so he just nodded and walked along with Sunggyu towards his apartment. 

 

When they reached his apartment however, he snapped out of his daze and stopped in front of his door.

 

"Ya Kim Sunggyu. How dare you act like that? You're not my boyfriend so stop acting like one. God, you're embarrassing."

 

Sunggyu was ashamed, yes, but what's a man got to do?

 

He watched as Woohyun fumbled with his phone and called someone. His brow furrowed when he noticed how gentle Woohyun's voice is as he's talking on the phone.

 

"Oh, Myung-ah. Sorry for you know, awhile ago.. no he's not my boyfriend. Hmmm yeah. Dinner? Mmm okay.. yeah see you later. Bye."

 

When Woohyun finished the call, he turned to enter his apartment's passcode when Sunggyu beat him to it.

 

"What the actual-"

"Language, baby." 


Sunggyu only smirked at him then casually entered his apartment, then sat comfortably on his couch.

 

"How did you know my passcode? Were you stalking me?"

Sunggyu laughed at him.  

Aigooo he still looks cute when he acts angry. 

I know you all too well. Your passcode is a no-brainer for me. 

"What are you laughing at? Have you gone crazy already? Ahhh...is that why you left me? Were you perhaps confined in an asylum and just managed to escape now? Is that why you're here again?"

 

"Well if you think of it that way, yeah. That's a plausible reason. I might have been sent to the asylum before because as the doctors say, I was way too crazy. Crazy for you." He then winked at Woohyun for good measure 

 

He stifled his amusement when he watched as Woohyun was trying really hard to hide his blush. Greasy Sunggyu is still your weakness. He smiled despite himself.

 

"Yah! You're so greasy i want to puke. Get out of here now. You're trespassing."

 

"Oh, did you forget how WE bought this apartment together baby? It's under OUR name so me being in OUR apartment can't be called as trespassing "

 

Damn, he forget about it. Woohyun mentally slapped himself 

 

He sighed and crossed his arms on his chest, claiming defeat.

 

"What do you want!?"

 

"You."

 

"Quit playing. Be serious. I've had enough of your jokes. You leaving me eliminated my fondness for your jokes. Now spill."

 

Sunggyu stared at his lover for a few minutes before he heaved a sigh.

 

"I just... Can you please hear me out? I'm tired of running away. I'm tired of being a coward. This is me trying to be brave and actually fighting for my love. Fight for Our love."

 

Woohyun stayed still, indirectly saying he can continue and he'll listen to whatever excuse he has up his sleeves.

Well this is better than nothing .


"You know how much I love you right? I hope, even after the time that has passed with us apart, I hope you never doubted that "


He bowed down his head, afraid of how Woohyun would react.


"I.. I did. I doubted if it was all real. If what we had was real or it was just a figment of my imagination. I felt like it was only me who was in this relationship before, like I'm the only one in love and you were only dragged in because you're afraid to hurt your little dongsaeng. "

 

His heart ached at how sad Woohyun sounded. He looked him in the eyes and said 

 

"No, you were wrong. I loved you and I am still hopelessly madly deeply in love with you. You're the only one who had the guts to come in my heart and actually stayed. I love you okay? Me being your lover was a choice out of love and not of pity . I love you very very much Woohyun."

 

He stood up from his seat and walked towards Woohyun who was standing in front of him, trying so hard to stop his sniffles and his tears from falling . This is his Woohyun

This beautiful fragile and sweet person is his baby. He's slowly coming back to me, Sunggyu thought 

 

He hugged Woohyun and sighed contentedly when the younger didn't make a move to push him away. He buried his nose to Woohyun's hair and inhaled the strawberry scent, the scent he missed so much he bought one just to have a piece of Woohyun with him in every day of the three years that he's away.

 

"I'm sorry baby. I'm really really sorry for leaving. But now I'm back and I intend to stay for as long as you wanted me. Uh no. I will stay even if the time comes that you get tired of me. I will stay even when you run out of love for me."

 

He felt Woohyun vibrate and then he heard him laugh. It was only short but it brought him utter happiness. Oh how he missed his laugh, especially if the reason was him.

 

"Run out of love? I think you underestimated me Kim Sunggyu. Look at me now clinging at you like I wasn't hurt. Like you never left. I have so much love for you that sometimes I even forget myself. I wanted to hate you but you know how I can't really stay mad at you right?"

 

Sunggyu nodded and hummed in agreement. That's his Woohyun. Always forgiving. Always there for him.

 

"I'm sorry I promise to make it up to you. Please give me another chance to prove my love for you. Please baby."

 

Woohyun let go from his embrace, which to be honest frightened the hell out of him. He then wiped his tears and smiled at Sunggyu,

"That depends on your reason."

 

-----------------------------------------------------------
It was the last day of audit season and tomorrow will be the last day of work for Sunggyu before he goes on a vacation with Woohyun.

 

Of course Woohyun knows nothing of his planned vacation. He's a er for surprises and Sunggyu wanted to spoil his baby.

 

He was humming along a song that Woohyun sang to him last night as he makes his way to the restaurant so he could have his lunch. He was skipping a few steps, an image of a happy and contented man. He abruptly stopped walking when he saw a familiar sight walking towards him.


"Why does your face look like you've just seen a ghost?" The man then bellowed out a loud laugh.


Why is he here...

They were at least 10 miles away from home. So what is his father doing here?

 

"I found you. You're not that good at hiding my dear son. " The man stood close to him and patted him on the shoulder.

 

"What do you want Dad? Stop acting like I ran away from home. I told you a million times that i just wanted to live independently."

 

"Do you really want to live independently? Then why are you staying with someone?"

 

Sunggyu was shocked. How did he know ...

And as if reading his mind, his father smirked and answered .

"Oh you know full well how rumors spread fast, son. As I said, you're not good at hiding. And I'm sure you also know what I want." His father's bright expression a few moments ago was now replaced by an expression darker than his gray suit.


"No. Dad, no. We're far from home. No one would know about my current situation, please. Your reputation won't be tainted. Our neighbors and relatives don't know about us dad, i promise." 
He sounds crazy, practically begging his dad to believe him.

 

He felt a sharp pang on his cheek and he staggered a little because of the impact of the hit.

 

"Then how the hell did you think I knew huh?! I was at home when I learned of this... This issue. You. Stop whatever you're doing. Stop being a disgrace to the family and come back home. We can always pretend it didn't happen. We can always pretend you weren't gay."

 

His blood boiled at this point. Sunggyu is sick of people like his father seeing his gender preference as a disease, a virus of some sort.

 

"So what if I'm gay? It doesn't matter to me if the people in the neighborhood or even the whole town will know about it. Dad, you have to accept the fact that i have been gay for a long time now and that I am in love with Nam Woohyun. This is all I'm asking of you. Can you please just do that? Can't you give me that favor at least."

 

His father was silent. He hates it when his father becomes silent. He becomes scarier.

 

"Okay then. I'll leave you be."

 

He was about to sigh of relief and hug his father thanks when his father spoke again, smirking at him maliciously.

 

"But do you know what happens to licensed teachers who gets caught in immoral behaviors and scandals?"

 

It took him a few seconds before his father's words sank into his brain.

 

"No. You wouldn't dare! He has nothing to do with you. Take it out on me. Don't drag him and his future with your dirty tricks Dad!!"

 

"Well if you really love the kid," his father said, his face soured at the mention of love,
"You wouldn't want him to be stripped off of his hard earned license and be ostracized for his whole life right? He might never get a job in his entire life if worse becomes worst."

 

Sunggyu was torn. As much as he wants to be selfish and ignore his father's threats, he can't afford to be one. He knew his father so well. His threats shouldn't be treated lightly because he will surely act upon it.


Woohyun's future is at stake here. He wouldn't let his baby's efforts crumble down just because of his father's twisted notion of their gender.

 

"It's your choice Kim Sunggyu. Be selfish and watch him lose everything he has worked hard to earn. Watch him look at you with hate when he learns it's all your fault for being selfish. Or...you can be selfless and leave him for good. That way, his career and future won't fall into the dungeons."

 

He fisted his hands so hard that he felt his nails digging into his palm. 

 

"Is there nothing else I can do? Why are you...why are you like this." He stuttered as he felt tears welling up in hus eyes. He angrily wiped it out before it falls, then he faced his father.

 

"Why can't you just accept the fact that I am gay? That I am in love with Woohyun? Being gay isn't a disease dad, nor is it a virus. Dad, please. Stop this. Let me live in peace, please please" 

 

Now he was practically begging his father, even going as far as kneeling in front of him, tears cascading down his beautiful face.

 

His father only looked at him, no remorse. He slapped his hands away from him which made Sunggyu lean on the floor while he's still kneeling.

 

"Get your head out your , Kim Sunggyu. Use that smart brain of yours to decide. I'll be expecting you at home the day after tomorrow. If not, then better warn your lover of his fall. Believe me Sunggyu if you make the wrong decision, you will regret it forever."

 

Then he walked away from him. Every step echoing the fact that he is left with a huge decision to make.. be selfish or be selfless. To fight or to give up...


That day, Sunggyu was not able to have his lunch. His colleagues were worried of hiw distraught he looked after his lunch break.
Others blamed it on stress finally catching up to him.
Others didn't mind.

 

When Sunggyu was on his way to their apartment, he was bombarded by his thoughts. He doesn't want to leave Woohyun. However, if he follows his heart and be selfish, he will witness how his Woohyun will crumble down when his future tumbles down into the gutter because of his father.

Woohyun has had enough hardships. He already lost his family and only has his profession with him, along with Sunggyu. If he left, he's sure Woohyun would be heartbroken. 


But if he wouldn't leave, Woohyun's bright future will be put to stop.

 

He screamed and banged his head against the wall of the building, gaining attention from bypassers. He couldn't care less.

He heaved a sigh and convinced himself he's doing this for Woohyun. 

He then proceeded to go inside their apartment and was stabbed with guilt when he was greeted by the warm sight of Woohyun preparing their dinner.

"Hi baby. How's your day?" He heard him say as he walked towards him, hugging him tight.


"Oh someone's really stressed out" he laughed.

Sunggyu looked at his happy face, I'll miss this.

 

He then leaned down and captured Woohyun's lips.

If only I could bottle your laugh your scent your lips...


As he was kissing him, a lone tear escaped which didn't get away from Woohyun's scrutiny.

 

"Hey. Are you okay baby? Are you  that stressed? You're even shedding a tear. Aigoo my poor baby. Come on let's feed your tummy so we can go to sleep later~"

He smiled his kilowatt smile at him and Sunggyu just melted. He will surely niss this. He will surely miss his Woohyun.

 

The next day, Sunggyu passed a resignation letter to the HR Department effective today. He provided excuses so that his resignation will be approved. And (un)luckily enough, it was approved.

He then proceeded to clear off his cubicle absentmindedly .


Today is the day.

The day he will walk away from Woohyun's life.


The day he sacrificed their love for Woohyun's future.

 

This is it.


I'm sorry Woohyun-ah.


I'll be back I promise .

 

 


He knows Woohyun is waiting for him so he delayed coming back to the apartment. Waiting for the certain time where he's sure his lover has already fallen asleep. 


He opened their apartment door carefully as he tiptoed towards the sleeping figure on the couch.
 

I'm so sorry baby. I promise I'll be back. I love you . Please remember that always. I hope you'll forgive me for this.


He kissed Woohyun's lips lightly, trying to not awaken the said man. 


He then proceeded to their storage room where he already prepared the things he'll bring back to their house.

Yes, it's only a house. Woohyun is now his home. And he promised to himself, whatever it costs,

He will come back home.