Prologue Part 1

If It Wasn't You

My reader~~ this is the prologue :DD

also... mmm this chapter is really long o.o" so i split it into two, I'm posting both parts today just wait for me to type it up :3

hope you enjoy! woohyun doesn't come out until a while later :3

and i pictured Sungyeol with glasses cause him with glasses in WYWS was y lol

 

(A Week Ago)

Omma and appa were at work as usual leaving me and Sungyeol at home. Apparently mom has experiments so she hasn't been home for ages. Each time appa comes home his expression always seemed upset. Sungyeol seemed like he knew something but he won't tell me. I tumbled around in bed unable to get to sleep, Sungyeol was in the room next to mine. I felt a hand brush against my face, my eyes slowly opened. Omma sat on the edge of my bed with that loving smile on her face. I yawned while rubbing my eyes, it was probably still in the middle of the night.

"Omma." I said with a smile.

"Seori... Take care of yourself when I'm gone"

"Don't I always" She patted my head, I shut y eyes as i concentrated on the feeling of her fingers against my hair.

"Listen well to your brother..."

Her voice sounded sad for some strange reason. I opened my eyes and saw a tear slide down the side of her cheek.

"Omaa? What's wrong?" I asked as she got off the bed. Maybe it was just my eyes but she seemed as though she was fading away.

With the blink of one eye she disappeared... I looked around my room in confusion. My heart started to race in fright. I pushed my blanket off me and tried to get up from bed. As soon as my legs stood up on the wooden floor my surrounding turned white. The bed that was once behind me was gone. I spun around in circles with my mind completely lost.

"OMMA" I called out into the plain whiteness. "APPA!"

My legs were trembling along with my hands. The ground my bare feet were standing on suddenly turned cold, I looked down seeing that the floor turned steel. The walls, ceiling all became steel. Tables, chairs, windows etc started to form; I stared in shock. A moment later I realized it was my parent's lab. Few voices appeared behind me, I spun around seeing a whole bunch of people in white coats, some i knew some i didn't, they all stood in front of a full sized glass where they did experiments. I noticed appa standing nearby the computer with Dr.Lee operating it. Without much thought I ran over to him.

"Appa" I tried to get his attention but he was focusing on something else.

I attempted to tap his arm but my hand went right thought. My mine was completely blown.

"I... Can't touch him." I didn't understand, my eyes were 10xs their normal size. "What is this..."

I looked up, his expression didn't seem so good. I turned to the direction he was facing, my mouth dropped when i saw my omma in the experiment room. Random wires were attached to her, behind her were a pair of oversized wings being held up by a machine. This strange blue light came on, it seemed to be drawing the pair of wings closer to her. I hear her high pitched scream.

"Appa!" Every time i tried to touch him my hands would just go though. "Help her!"

I saw him make a fist, then he rushed over to the door of the experiment room. There were like 5 locks on it, he undid them in a rush. The other professors shouted over the scream to try and stop him. I couldn't make out any words, tears were just coming out of my eyes. Appa pulled opened the door and jumped into the room. He ripped off a couple of the wires making the blue light go wild, sparks were forming inside the room. An alarm went off, omma's screams seemed to decrease. The professors looked at each other in confusion then all went for the exit. The random machine in the experiment room caught on fire, appa was holding omma in his arms; a strange hair of white wings hanged behind her back.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

My eyes shot opened from the sound of a lightning bolt. I looked around, everything was normal. The rain was heavy outside along with all the thunder it made loads of noise. My door creaked opened, I jumped in bed surprised. Sungyeol stood there without his glasses looking at me with tired eyes.

"I had a dream..." He sounded weak from lack of sleep.

His words made me remember the dream i had just then. I stared at him somehow knowing we had the same dream. A car pulled into our driveway. We froze listening carefully to the car door opening and closing. Sungyeol tip toped over to the window and peeked out.

"Lab people..." He whispered.

I also looked out, Dr. Lee... "What are they doing here"

Sungyeol shook his head, the two men outside rang the doorbell. With much hesitation we decided to head down and open the door. I hid behind Sungyeol as he opened it.

"Sorry to intrude in the middle of the night." Dr. Lee apologized.

Sungyeol just nodded, he was only interested in why they were here.

"We have some bad news." He continued.

The dream was the first thing that came into my mind. Sungyeol felt my body tense suddenly so he held onto my hand. It's time like this i found it lucky having a brother like him.

"Your mother... and professor..."

"They died?" Sungyeol finished off Dr. Lee's sentence.

The two Dr nodded with their heads down. Sungyeol looked strangely calm for some reason. I stared blankly into space. I wanted to cry but for some reason the tears won't come.

"Can we see them." Sungyeol asked suddenly.

"Yes... That's why we are here."

Sungyeol let go of me and went to the table and took his glasses and a jacket. I tugged on his sleeping shirt.

"I don't want to go... This is a dream right?" I asked even though i knew it wasn't.

Sungyeol pulled me into a hug and buried my face in his chest, "We have to go... Something seems fishy."

I kind of understood, there were so many things he and my parents hid from me...