2

the darkness is coming

Okay, let’s get one thing clear - if someone could be a , it would be Kim Sunggyu but Nam Woohyun swore that the boy was just too lonely. Or well not that much - he had his fellow Slytherins. And Woohyun, since he was a friend of Jung Jinyoung, a way too smart Gryffindor boy who just liked the astrology way too much to be normal… okay, maybe it was because it had actually become more reliable and real but still, Woohyun didn’t understand how anyone could like astrology, maybe since their teacher was most likely complete nuts or just the fact that after something happened in 4th year’s class everyone had been dreading astrology. And of course Woohyun still doesn’t know what even happened.

 

The headmaster of Hogwarts announces that it’s time to go to the houses’ common rooms, and Woohyun somehow finds himself missing home. Woohyun loves the fact that he’s able to study at Hogwarts - he still remembers all those important days for him; receiving the letter, buying his wand, the first train journey to Hogwarts, the moment when he’s sorted to Gryffindor and so on. Woohyun loves it in Hogwarts - it’s such a safe, comforting place, almost like a second home. But something is changing, and he can feel it all too well.

 

The Gryffindor common room is always filled with joy and friendliness. There are hardly any fights, even if there are some pretty competitive younger ones who have managed to have some Gryffindor in them. Woohyun likes the atmosphere, and sometimes it reminds him of himself too - a lot of people have always been surprised by Woohyun’s friendliness and the happy aura that surrounds him. Woohyun wasn’t probably as much of a happy virus that he could be but at least he was something. Deep inside maybe he had some sorrows, but he never let anyone see them. He never let anyone see anything but a happy smile, and nobody was ever suspicious.

 

Nam Woohyun! If you don’t pay attention to me in a second I’ll personally reveal everyone your deepest darkest secrets!” Woohyun smiled at the sound of his friend’s, Jinyoung’s, voice. Jung Jinyoung, the constant hard-worker and surprisingly-not-a-head-boy, had been a good friend of Woohyun’s for all of these years he had spent in Hogwarts, and after Jinyoung was leaving this year since he was graduating the two had agreed to stay friends no matter what. The two completed each other in a way that nobody really understood and neither did they. Their friendship was strong and Woohyun had thought it was a joke that Jinyoung’s parents actually visit Woohyun’s dad’s cafe - Woohyun’s dad was a muggle and both of Jinyoung’s parents were wizards, so it just confused him a bit.

 

“But I don’t have any deep dark secrets, unlike you. You are an unregistered animagus and I think the whole school knows you and Shin Dongwoo, that one Ravenclaw, are ing.” Jinyoung looked at Woohyun like he had just dropped the bomb and Woohyun just wanted to laugh at Jinyoung’s stunned face.

 

“First of all, you face, me and Shin Dongwoo aren’t ing but you like to say it so much that maybe you actually wish we were, which would make no ing sense. And second, last time I checked I have an unregistered animagus friend too with a name that goes Nam Woohyun”, Jinyoung smiled at him, and Woohyun was pretty sure that some day they were both going to get each other in so much trouble for whatever reason - most likely the animagus thing - that maybe they should just stay friends forever. Wait, that didn’t make any sense. Anyways, let’s just say that they both were extremely happy to have each other and maybe some days Woohyun wished the older would actually approach Shin Dongwoo. But since Woohyun was a good friend, who definitely didn’t want to push Jinyoung out of his comfort, he just kept teasing the older one but still he did it with care - he had his limits. But honestly, sometimes Woohyun thought that Jinyoung could open his eyes even a bit and actually realize that yes, the Ravenclaw boy was interested in him too and then they could just happily make-out and go on sneak out to the Forbidden forest together so that nobody could see them. Woohyun wished all of the best for his bestfriend.

 

“Hello? Earth to Woohyun? I asked, who is your Transfiguration teacher for this year? I mean, do we have the same one I did when I was I had it last year, so I could help you?” Jinyoung was waving his hand in front of Woohyun’s face when he snapped out of his dreams.

 

“Kim Taeyeon, I think? Also, you shouldn’t be helping me, you have your damn N.E.W.T exams this year! And you were even thinking about the career of an Astronomer or Curse breaker, so you really have to study! And a certain Ravenclaw is usually seen in the library, so you should go too!” Okay, maybe Woohyun can be a about the whole Dongwoo situation sometimes.

 

Yes. Let’s make one thing clear. Nam Woohyun is the iest Gryffindor you can find when it comes to crushes and somehow Jung Jinyoung still hangs out with him. But maybe the roles will change soon...