Chapter 3

Because You Are My Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 26 2015, present...

Song Joong Ki took a deep breath of the fresh air as he steeped out of the military base office front door, the gate that had been separating him from the outside world was only a few steps away. He could hear the loud excited cheered from his fans that anticipating for his came back. Neh… He would finally returned to civilian life after completing his nearly two years of mandatory military service. 

Returning the the path that he had chosen to walked the rest of his life on. The Entertainment World. The world where he got very limited privacy for himself. The world where he would he on the spotlight no matter what he does and done. The world where even his families have very little privacy for themselves. That was the only thing he had ever regretted for choosing this path. Never more.

His father used to said that he was living in a dream that was too huge for him. That he was chasing after someone that was very far away from him. That there was negative percentage of possibility for him to even got the chance to made his existence known to her. That he was only wasting his time... 

He was pretty much aware of all of those things. Yet again, it still does not stop him from doing all his could to get to her side. He worked his out to got into the world she was in. He worked hard to be got the zero possibility of meeting her until it was possible. And he did it. They met. The two of them were now acquaintance. And were quite close with each other. 

They spent time chatting, sharing stories, secrets and laughter together. He always stay by her side no matter when and where. He would supported her no matter what she say and what she do. He supported and continue to be by her side even when she was having someone else by her side at that time and ignored the sharp pain he in his heart every time he saw them being lovely dovey with each other.

He shared the feels of sorrow, pain, sadness, regrets, angst and unfair with her when she broke up with her boyfriend which was the second male lead in her life. 

He remembered to got drunk with her on the day of her broke up with that guy.

Flashback...

"Maybe I' don't really have the luck for love..." She said which made him turned to looked at her. "My father, my first puppy, my first boyfriend, my second boyfriend... They all left. I love them so much yet they left me... Alone... I should be thankful that my mom didn't left me...Haha..."  She paused before continuing. "Sometime I wonder if the real problem is me. Did I did not worth enough to be getting love?"  She fought to let out a cracked small laugh. 

"Don't laugh if you did not feel like it... You look ugly like that..." His heart was aching so much for her. He hate to see her like this. He hate it so much to see her tears. She was not supposed to experience this  kind of feels at all. How could them done it to her?!  How could she say that she was not worth it?!

She slapped him on his arm playfully.

"Yah! How dare you?! Do you even know how many men are waiting in line just so they could be with this pretty face of mine?" She pointed her own face. "They even willing to spend a lots a lots of cash for it you know..." She made the gesture of  moving her hands in huge round motion to empathized the word 'a lots'  before broke into laughter. 

What was she laughing at? He does not found it funny even for a tiny little but. 

"Stop laughing!" He shouted.

"What are you..."

Seeing that she as started by his loudness just now, he took a deep breath to composed himself, tried to calmed the angst in him. He was angry! No! He was furious! She was hurting and ... and there was nothing he could had done to took her pain away. He was angry at himself for not able to protected her. Why was he so... so useless?!

His eyes was turning red as tears started to polling around it, making his vision of her in front of him became blurred.

"Don't laugh when you don't feel like it. Don't laugh when it is not worth to be laugh at... Don't act as if you are fine when you clearly not even close to fine. Don't ever say that you are not worth it because you worth more than everything that ever existed! Don't shed your precious tears for those that not worth it..." His thumb graced on the drop of tear that fell from her beautiful brown orbs on her smooth white puffy cheek.

"You just have to keep on ing in love and true love will eventually found it way to you..." He said.

"? Love?" She pushed the hand on her face away with a little bit too much force than needed while let out a sarcastic laugh. "It was all bull!" She gulped down the remaining half bottle of beer she had.

"There is no 'for ever' and 'love' in this world! It was all a lie! That thing does not exist at all! I will never ever it anymore! " She threw the now empty bottle to the side which it ended with a loud crashing sound as it hit the wall,hard.

As if  the emotion that she had forced herself to help inside had finally broke free along with the crashing of the glass bottle, she started to cried furiously. 

"Why? What have I ever done to be deserve all of this? Why didn't they want me? Why did they left me?! Why did my father didn't want me?!Why did my only friend (her puppy) didn't want me?! Why did the two men that I love didn't want me?! Why?!"  Tears was falling dow like the stream of the river.

He pulled her into his embraced. tightly locking her in his arms. 

"That is because they didn't know what they were missing. What a treasure that they had let goes of. Don't cry... Please don't cry... You are too precious to be hurt like this..." He said quietly,  Don't cry my love... You doesn't even knew that I felt two time more hurt than you are every time you shed even a drop of  tear.

She continue to cry until her tears dried and he continue to held her tightly, closed to the his heart that that contained the love for her.

He caressed her long silk locks between his fingers carefully as if he was caressing something so precious. "Don't shed your tears do easily. They left because they were not the one..." He whispered to her ears as she continue to stay in his comforting embrace exhausted from her long crying.

"Then the one for me, where is him?"

"Somewhere... Maybe in another country, maybe in another city, maybe just right around the block and maybe... just as close as by your side..."

"Liar... why didn't I meet him if he is only by my side?"

"Maybe... Maybe he didn't think that he isn't good enough for you yet... Maybe he think that he still isn't strong enough to protect you yet. Maybe he think that he still not good enough to be standing by your side yet... So he didn't want to show himself up just for his selfishness of wanting your love and end up causing you pain someday..."

She snuggled deeper into his embrace as she was struggling to kept her heavy eye lids opened. "Hurmmm... Such a thoughtful man... Will he come to me soon?"

Picking her up and let her sat on his laps while she continue to laid her upper body against his. Hugging her tightly. "Of course. He was having a very hard time in holding himself back from showing in front of you these day. But he force himself to do so. Because he love you..." 

"How much?"

"Very much..."

He whispered quietly and planted a soft kiss on her forehead as he stared lovingly at her already in deep sleep figure... Completely unaware of the third presence watching them at the back.

Present... 

Even up until now, he could still remembered it very well of how he held her trembling broken petite frame tightly in his protective arms, shielding her from all the bad things in this world so that nothing could ever got close enough to her to hurt her, held her face tightly against his furiously beating hearts that was aching for her while she cried herself out for hours on it.

Would he finally be getting his chance? Would she finally see him? Not as a younger brother who always by her side but a man whom she could rely on. A man that she could with her whole heart. A man that she could always thought of no matter when, what or where. He let out a sighed. No matter what, he would tried and does his best for her. 

Making a quick calculation in his head, it had been a complete 100 days since the last time he had saw her. He got himself a holiday at the exact 100 days before he will be officially b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter