Chapter 2

Because You Are My Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I like You..."

The atmosphere seems to got froze by the one with three words sentence. Once again, she was the one was broke the silence yet again.

"Ahahaha... It's hilarious! Nice one nae dongsaeng!" She laughed and punched him on the arm lightly.

There it was again. The one word that he hated so much. The one word that separated them. A smirk was playing at the corner of his mouth, head dropped down. 'It's okay... It's not the right time anyway...' Not like he was going to let her called him with that forever. He let out a sighed.

"Thanks for the little laugh you give me my dear brother... I'll take it as a parting gift from you as you are leaving your military service tomorrow. Take good care of yourself when you are in there. " 

Silence.

"It's late you better go home now, you should have a good sleep tonight as I heard that you are not going to get one once you are in there..."

Still silence.

"Well... I... Thanks for sending me home. Good night..." She reached for the door handle once again.

There was no strength on her wrist that pulled her back this time, but instead, "Let's meet again in the future... Let's work together... In a project, after I get release for the military..." He paused for a while then adding "Sunbaenim..." 'This is going to be the last time that you're going to here me calling you that.' He quietly thought. 

She turned to looked at him and she knew that it was a wrong decision as soon as her eyes met with his. Even though he does not voiced out anything, but those pair of dark brown orbs of him staring back at her was enough. What was she going to do? She was so done. She had the feeling that he was going to gave her a very hard time.

She was very much aware of his gentleness and cared towards her that he  gave more than what he gave to the others. But she had always brushed of the bad feeling every time it came into her mind as he was too precious to her to be lost if things gone wrong.She just laughed it off every time people around her told her that he might have other intention. That he was not treating her just as a noona. That his feeling for her was not as simple as a good friend, not as simple as a hoobae-sunbae relationship. 

She cleared . "I..." She was ready to rejected him and 

He cut her off before she managed to say anything. "Ahahaha! Why did you look so serious? I'm only joking! Didn't you said it yourself?" He paused. "Noona..." 

Letting out a sighed of relief, She slapped him on his arm. "Yah! Is it that funny?! You almost give a heart attack you know?!" The tensed expression on her beautiful face a while ago begun to faded off, replaced by a smile. Just as she sighed out the breath of relief, something suddenly popped up in her mind. She cleared . 

"About what happened in the park early..." She started carefully.

"What do you think?" 

"Well I... How am I suppose to know?"

"Take a wild guess then..."

"Is it..." She paused, not sure on how to say it. "Is it maybe part of your joke too?" She looked at him. Trying her best making herself appeared relaxed in front of him while on God knew how miserable it is she was inside. She was not sure of herself either what kind of answer she was expecting.

"Well of course! Don't you know me? I plan everything to make sure it goes well. " He laughed. Maybe she was not aware of it as she was too busy with her own struggled at that time. But he was clearly saying it with his gritted teeth and the he let out was so obvious to be forced out.

Yes. She was relied when she heard it. But she also could  not stop the sadness and disappointment she felt when she heard his answer. A small smile tugging on his lips. Maybe it was for the best. They were fine being like this now. They were fine with the relationship between them now. A nonna-songsaeng relationship. That was what she thought, little that she knew that the younger man beside her was having another thought.

"I'll see you to your door,. It's very late now, I would not want to be scold by Lena nonna on my last night of freedom now don't I?" 

He was already out of the car and opening her door for her, with his right hand held out for her to take. He raised one of his brow while cracking out a small laugh. "Did you perhaps like me so much that you didn't want me to leave for the militar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter