✓ Chapter 5

Playful Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Asan Medical Center

As I walked to the reception, I can feel my forehead is sweating, my hands are trembling uncontrollably and my legs are too weak to walk. I started thinking of the possible things that she might be doing inside the room.

“Is she okay? What if she’s not okay… what if she’s crying right now… what if she’s scared or what if…..Aish!! No..no…no… stop thinking non-sense YOO JEONGYEON!!” I said to myself as I slap myself to erase the bad thoughts.

“I want to see her so bad…” I mumbled

“Hirai momo” I asked the woman behind the desk

“Oh momo she is getting her treatment now” she replied with a smile, I think momo visits here weekly as chaeyoung said… I followed her to the Dialysis room the nurse handed me a visitor gown.

“Is it really that dangerous?” I asked while wearing it.

“It’s for safety” she replied with a humble smile “and I am so happy that someone is asking for momo she usually comes alone” she added.

“Huh? And what about her parents?” I asked I don’t know where are her parents.

“I think they are not alive” she said staring away.

“I didn’t know” I said in a low voice not making her hear me… cause I literally don’t know anything about her…

She opened the door for me there I saw a huge room with many hemodialysis machines, -well yeah I know its name- there was like 5 patients then the nurse pointed at momo.

The brunette was sitting on the chair, closing her eyes and there was a blanket on her legs, the whole thing probably makes her cold, the machines sound was annoying not as much as the sight of the serums connected to her arm... Now I know why she always wears long sleeve shirts, I walked to her with heavy steps until she noticed me.

“Eh?” she said making me laugh, her reactions are the best, her eyes nearly popped out of her head. I grabbed a chair and sat next to her

“Surprise” I said looking up at her since her chair was higher than mine.

“How did you know where am I?” she asked surprisingly.

“Chaeyoung told me, cause I was looking for you”

“You were looking for me??? Why?”

“To thank you for the medicine”

“Ah Naee” she looked down while blushing, but then she closed her eyes and frowned.

“Are you okay?” I asked… I must admit, I felt bad, extremely bad it’s been a long time since I was worried about someone or something, she slowly sat back.

“I just feel dizzy, it’s because of the Low blood pressure” she replied “also I have muscle cramps, usually in my lower legs. This is thought to be caused by the muscles reacting to the fluid loss” she explained, and I looked down at her foot.

“Gwechana” she said patting my shoulder, she reclosed her eyes, I raised my hand and held hers making her startle.

“Gwechana” I said and smiled at her, she stared at my eyes and flashed me the brightest smile, she tightened her hand in mine, she closed her eyes she let herself rest and I didn’t bother her, instead I was making sure the blanket won’t fall, the thing I didn’t make for anyone.

I was looking around watching the patients and how they suffer, it made me realize how god gave me things I don’t deserve while they have to suffer weekly. Life is not fair.

After few minutes momo fell asleep so I decided to search something on my phone then a nurse came and checked on the machine

“You can wait for her outside,” she said to me, I nodded and left momo’s hand, my hand became sweaty cause I didn’t leave it for a second. I waited for her outside the room, not so much passed when momo came out holding her arm with a cotton.

“It hurts?” I asked and she shook her head.

“Thank you for staying with me jeongyeon-ah, you must be tired, you can go”

“no, let’s hang out” I said and held her hand “You must be hungry”

“uuuh nae, well I am always hungry” she said and I laughed, we walked to my car. I can feel the coldness of her hand so I held her hand tightly to give her warm. She looked up at me and gave her brightest smile. My heart begins to beat so fast. I never felt this way before. I love how her eyes spark when she smiles. I can’t control myself anymore so I kissed the top of her hand. I smiled when I saw her get blushed. I opened the door for her and help her put the seatbelt. I inhaled her scent and I think I’m addicted to her scent now.

I was driving and she was so calm, looking out of the window sadly

“Sooo” I said grabbing her attention

“How is mira?” I asked

“Great, she really loved you by the way”

“Reallly? Usually, kids don’t like me”

She shrugged her shoulders cutely “she said that she liked you”

“Only her?” I teased but she looked away while smiling.

“Where are we going?” she asked

“To the dorm, the girls are not there”

“EHHH?” she yelled but I laughed so hard at her

“Don’t worry I won’t do anything! I will cook for you” … the things I am experiencing with this girl is new for me and I feel good about it…

“naee” she smiled at me.

 

 

As soon we arrived we went to the kitchen

“So what do you want?” I asked clapping my hands together

“I can’t eat anything” she said and looked down sadly

“I know! I searched some meals, here check them” I said and handed her my phone, People with Kidney failure has to eat a defined types of food so I searched some meals for her, she was so shocked, well not a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter