✓ Chapter 3

Playful Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo’s POV

The more I stay here, the more i feel like my body will collapse at any moment. I can feel the tension inside my body. My mind told me to get Mira and walk away, forget about everything and live my usual life.

However,

My heart keeps on telling me to stay. Hold her hand, feel her warmth, look straight in those brown eyes and say those three words that I’ve been keeping a secret for four years. I wanna tell her that I like her but my mind keeps on telling me that this girl in front of me is no good to me.

She’s a heartbreaker…

A player…

A girl with trouble as a middle name…

With all those names that everyone calls her, I started to have a second thought of the girl in front of me.

“I- I- have to see Mira” Oh God! Why did I stutter? I started to get up from our table but I felt warm against my body. I shivered and for a second, I told myself that I wanna feel that warmth every day. I wanna own it.

 “She is okay…. I can see her from here” jeongyeon shines a smile, she hold my wrist tight and force me to sit.

I immediately took away my hand from her and look down. I’m afraid that she will see how red I am right now.

 

Author’s POV

Deafening silence hovers them both. Jeongyeon felt uneasy with this kind of atmosphere. She looks at Mira and she saw how the little girl enjoys playing with other kids. That smile is like a contagious virus, she find herself smiling to the little girl.

“She looks so happy playing with other kids” jeongyeon said and momo looked behind her and indeed she saw mira’s face shining with a bright smile.

Jeongyeon looks at the weird girl. She is quite beautiful. She seems gentle and fragile. As Momo’s gaze back at the girl in front of her, she found herself in awe and suddenly staring on her small face…

She can clearly see the sparkle in her eyes,

Her pointed nose,

Symmetrical kissable lips

And a defined jawline…

 

The latter coughs loudly to distract the girl from the long staring contest, much more… to distract herself from staring at the beautiful masterpiece in front of her...

“hmmmmm…so…” Jeongyeon awkwardly started to break the long silence between them. She then takes momo’s wrist again, massaging her knuckles. Her soft skin will drive her insane but she cannot stop herself so she just enjoys that feeling.

Jeongyeon look straight in the eyes of momo and said “I am really interested in you momo” with just a second, momo felt three things that will make her go against her thought a while ago.

First, looking at those beautiful eyes, she can see her bright future. It’s weird… but, somehow, she can imagine her future with this girl.

Then, the way she holds her hand, it made her heart melt. How can this troublesome girl can manage to do this to her innocent heart.

Lastly, the way she says her name… that’s the most beautiful thing she’d ever heard in her entire life.

 

However, her life is not a fairytale.

 “I am just afraid”

“From?” jeongyeon said letting go of momo’s hand. The latter want to grab her hand and feel the warm again but she mentally slap her hand instead.

“Dating, in general, is weird for me” momo stated

“You can try it with me” Jeongyeon shows her warm smile.

“But you are the number one player in the university”

Jeongyeon leaned in, resting her elbows on the table while smirking so hard at momo “do you have something for me? I mean I didn’t ask you to fall in love with me, we can just hang out together”

Momo want to say ‘you don’t know how long I’ve waited for you to ask me out’ but, intead, she felt nervous and uneasy “I- Uhm”

“I will take this as a yes, tomorrow is Sunday, let’s go on a date what do you think?” jeongyeon asked but she got no answer from momo who is busy fidgeting under the table.

“Ahmmm….Tomorrow, I am busy, I have to study” she heard momo saying under her breath which made her smile

“Then can we talk on the phone tonight?”

Momo doze off and nodded

“Cool” jeongyeon said staring at momo who ate French fries cutely and looked around, but she was curious, why did momo agree? She saw some mayonnaise under her lips so she grabs a tissue and didn’t hesitate to wipe it off. She gently wipe the mayonnaise but she can’t help to stare at the latter’s pinkish and soft lips… she immediately shook that thought away. On the other hand, momo got froze from the sudden action of jeongyeon. She instantly got blushed and thought ‘if this is a dream, please don’t wake me up’

“Unnie!!” the loud voice of mira got the attention of the two.

“What are you two doing?” mira cutely said

“ahmmm…i-it’s nothing..” momo said

“Then why jeongyeon unnie is red?”

“wh-what?! No... I am not!” jeongyeon said in defense.

“jeongyeon uniie looks so cute!” mira giggled and momo chuckled earning a glare from the latter.

“you know what, you look so tired mira.. let’s go home, okay?” mira cutely nodded and momo try to lift her up but got shocked when she felt a force on her shoulder.

“I’ll do it” jeongyeon lift mira up and gently tap the little girl’s shoulder. Somehow, mira felt comfortable that she rested her head on the crook of jeongyeon’s neck.

Momo open the car’s door and went inside. She told jeongyeon to put mira on her lap and the latter gently do what the younger told her.

After struggling to put the little girl inside the car, jeongyeon drove them to their apartment.

 “Thank you” momo said and smiled at jeongyeon, the latter just shrugged her shoulder and rubbed her nape.

As soon as momo left the car, jeongyeon grabbed her phone and texted the girls

JY:‘Me and the nerd are dating now’

SN: ‘welcome to hell lol’

JY: ‘I know… it will be hard’

NY: ‘oh… The Porsche is coming closer keke’

MN; ‘jeong, if you’re not comfortable with this, you can back out’

NY: ‘yeah..back out and the Porsche will be gone’

 

Jeongyeon threw her phone to the passenger seat and drove off in town

‘Is it really worth it?’ she thought, is it really worth to do this for a car? It’s not just a car… it’s her dream, her passion, you may think it’s so useless and meaningless but to her… owning this car will make her the happiest person alive

Her thoughts suddenly went back to what happened earlier. She can’t help but get blushed about what happened. “Did I really thought about kissing her?” jeongyeon said. “whoaah… Yoo Jeongyeon, you can’t think like that!” she stopped the car and slap herself for thinking about kissing momo. As much as she wants to put that thought aways, she can’t help to be mesmerize with momo.

Her awkward smile…

Her soft skin…

Her cute voice…

Her pinkish lips…

Her sweet scent…

Everything about that girl is on jeongyeon’s mind. She can’t help but make a mental note of every little thing that momo does.

The way she looks down and fidgeting her fingers whenever she feels nervous…

The way she stutters when she speak…

The way she blushed whenever jeongyeon smiles at her…

The way she looks at jeongyeon with those innocent brown eyes…

The way she steals glances at jeongyeon…

The way she takes care of her little sister even though she is tired…

Those things that made jeongyeon’s heart beats so fast. “ahhhh!! Damn it Momo! You’re making me go insane!” she let out a scream while messing with her short hair. She then decided to went to the dorm and everyone was sleeping so she lied on the bed and tapped on the WhatsApp application, she smirked when she found 2 messages from momo but she almost threw her phone when she read them

’Sorry but I am sleepy, let’s talk tomorrow’
‘ good nightJ ‘

 

“Good night? Good night? Well I hope you see a nightmare Hirai Momo! “jeongyeon said and stared at the ceiling she pushed the blanket away angrily as she was so pissed, eventually, she fell asleep.

 

 

Morning

Jeongyeon woke up at 12 P

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter