Trying

Stay or Leave
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Nayoung has just got back after 4 surgeries each lasting not less than 3 hours. She swears she’ll start living in the hospital and probably leave her apartment to save more money. There’s no need to keep it anyway since she’ll be living alone from now on.

With that thought in mind she grabbed 3 bottles of beer from the fridge, she’s been stocking a lot of beers so she won’t bother Heehyun anymore, and sat on the sofa. Ignoring the loud protest of her stomach she begins drinking the first bottle. She used to cook dinner for the two of them but now she doesn’t need to anymore. The Chinese girl is probably miles away and is forgetting her existence.

She hates it, she wished she shouldn’t have done that. She should have understood the younger girl but that moment she was broken and all she could think of is how Jieqiong could save her. Tears began to fall and she didn’t bother to wipe them away. She’s miserable and it’s her right to cry about it.

The sound of keys alarmed Nayoung but it’s probably just Heehyun checking on her again. She ignores it and continues to cry and intoxicate herself with the third bottle. The lights were then and Nayoung shuts her eye. It was too bright for her liking and she hates it. It reminds her of how Jieqiong used to be her light but now she’s just a pool of darkness and nothingness.

“Unnie?”

Nayoung opens her eyes, she thinks she had enough. She’s having auditory hallucination and probably virtual too. Because Zhou Jieqiong is standing right in front of her with that concerned adorable face she wears whenever Nayoung looks upset and is probably speaking to her.

Nayoung blinks thrice and pinches herself. Jieqiong is still there and she doesn’t know what to do. So she asks, “Are you really here?”

“Unnie are you drunk?”

“No, I’m not. You’re just stalking my mind.”

“What?”

Now, Jieqiong looks really confused and Nayoung thinks she looks like a puppy. “Unnie, let’s get you to bed,” Jieqiong says and pulls Nayoung up. The older girl was taller and quite heavy but Jieqiong managed to put her to bed.

“What are you thinking unnie? Drinking on weekdays? Are you trying to be the new Heehyun unnie?” Jieqiong asks as she removes the older girl’s sneakers. She then starts ing her polo so that she could breathe better, Nayoung stops her on the second button though.

“I can do it on my own.”

She starts to get back her senses and is finally convinced that Jieqiong is actually here. “What are you doing here?” Nayoungs slurs. She’s still quite drunk but she can at least understand some stuff, like for example, she knows that her ex-girlfriend is sitting on their bed and undressing her.

“Seulgi unnie picked me up from the airport and told me what you’ve been up to. I wanted to check on you but you probably want me to leave now.” Jieqiong bows her head from shame and Nayoung feels bad.

“You can stay if you want to. You still have no place to stay the night right?” Nayoung asks and Jieqiong nods her head. “I’ll sleep on the guest room,” Nayoung says and tries her best to sit up. “No need unnie, I’ll sleep there,” Jieqiong stops her. The younger girl pushes back Nayoung to lay down again.

“You’re probably really tired anyway,” Jieqiong adds. She also knows that Nayoung has a trouble sleeping if she’s not used to the place and she doesn’t want to bother her anymore. She’s done enough to their lives.

Jieqiong hums a familiar tune until Nayoung falls to sleep. She places a blanket over her and made sure to leave Advil and water by the bed side table. As Jieqiong leaves the room, tears slowly start pouring down.

She wonders how this happened to them.

____

Somi hates it when people tell her she’s too young to know about love. She hates it when people tell her that what she has with Dani is not real and as they grow older they’ll fall apart. But she knows in her heart that she and Dani are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter