June 4th 2017

What If

Sehun

 

Sehun woke up today feeling so refreshed. Normally, Sehun would wake up feeling tired from their busy schedules the day before. Waking up feeling refreshed didn’t happen often. And as in not often at all. Not since he became an EXO member anyway. They never got the enough hours of sleep their bodies required. So it was weird. He tried to remember what he did the night before he went to sleep. Did he meditate? Did he listen to ASMR sounds whilst trying to fall asleep? Did he pamper himself by putting on a face mask while he laid in bed?

 

He couldn’t remember. Oh well. Whatever he did last night did some wonders to his body because he felt so rejuvenated. He felt so alive.

 

And who was he to question this blessing from the heavens above anyway? He felt happy and energised when he woke up this morning. That’s a really good thing considering how last night they had another schedule: Dream Concert 2017. Sehun smiled as despite how tiring it was, it felt so fulfilling seeing all the EXO-Ls and even the other fandoms cheering for them. He got up from his bed and stretched his long limbs. It was the start of another day.

 

“Time to feed my baby.”

 

And by baby, Sehun totally meant Vivi. Who else.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Junmyeon

 

Junmyeon exited the bedroom he shared with Jongdae and Minseok, and saw Sehun in the living room, sitting on the floor next to Vivi whilst eating his cereals and Vivi eating his expensive dog food that was gifted by fans.

 

“Morning maknae.”

 

“Morning hyung.”

 

Junmyeon was about to enter the kitchen when he heard Sehun coughed from behind him. He turned his head.

 

“Aren’t you gonna say good morning to Vivi too hyung?

 

Junmyeon just gave the maknae the “you’re kidding me right?” look. But Sehun didn’t budge and Junmyeon knew better than to argue with their youngest member. Because despite Sehun’s manly looks, that kid could whine for hours non-stop if he didn’t get what he wanted.

 

“Oh morning to you too Vivi.” Junmyeon saw Sehun smiled so wide that he wondered why the maknae was in such a happy mood this morning.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin

 

Kyungsoo waited outside the door of Jongin’s room (which he shared with Chanyeol and Baekhyun), wanting to knock on the door. Everyone in the group knew that Jongin must be feeling a little blue and sensitive at the moment. Just a few days ago, the news circulated about Jongin and Krystal’s (or Soojung as how they called her) breakup. Of course the whole group knew about it before the rest of the world did. Kyungsoo remembered how Jongin let them know about it about a few weeks ago. It was very casual too. They were having dinner at the dorm when all of a sudden Jongin announced that he and Krystal had decided to ‘call it quits.’ They knew the two really enjoyed spending time together but because of EXO’s busy schedule they had started to drift away from each other.

 

Kyungsoo sighed. He wanted to comfort or at least make sure that his friend was doing okay since the breakup news was still quite the hot topic right now. He wasn’t sure if he should be the one comforting his friend since he did not have any experience in public dating or public breakup, in this case. Kyungsoo thought that if anyone understood the situation Jongin was in right now, it would be Baekhyun, having experienced this before. He was so lost in his thoughts that he was startled when the door suddenly swung open.

 

“Oh Kyungsoo, what are you doing there?” Chanyeol sleepily asked, rubbing his eyes.

 

“Could you wake Nini up? He’s still fast asleep. I tried to shake him but we all know he won’t wake up until he smells the smell of chicken.” Baekhyun yawned then giggled.

 

Kyungsoo entered the room and sat on Jongin’s bed.

 

“Jongin… Jongin-ah. Time to wake up.”

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol

 

“I’ll race you to the bathroom!” Chanyeol announced to the other.

 

“Ha! You bet! The loser will have to clean the bedroom for the next 3 days!” Baekhyun shouted back as the two started running for the bathroom.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Minseok and Jongdae

 

Minseok was startled when he saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun run past them as he and Jongdae exited their shared room to join the others in the dorm.

 

“I hope you two slip!” Jongdae shouted but was evidently ignored by Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

 

“Hmm I smell bacon. Is Junmyeon cooking breakfast?” Minseok asked as the two of them headed for the kitchen.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Yixing

 

“Oh wow you’re actually cooking?” Minseok asked the leader as he stepped into the dorm’s kitchen. He noticed that while Junmyeon was by the stove, his iPad was on the counter and the leader was FaceTiming someone.

 

“Hey! I cook, okay? Just haven’t had the time lately.” Junmyeon protested. Minseok and Jongdae heard giggling coming from the iPad.

 

“Yixing hyung!” Jongdae shouted while he grabbed the iPad and held it high enough so the three of them in the kitchen could be seen from the other side of the FaceTime call.

 

“Hey guys! I was just talking to Junmyeon here about the concert last night. Man, I wish I could’ve been there. Just like the encore concerts. I saw videos and the crowd was just amazing.” Yixing sighed.

 

“I know right, hyung! It really was amazing!” Jongdae answered before sighing and said, “When are you coming back hyung? Everyone misses you here, honestly.”

 

“Oh come on now, don’t be too dramatic. I’ll be there soon. I mean we are preparing for our comeback” Yixing replied and tried to lighten up the mood. “So what are you guys doing today?”

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Sehun

 

“Who’s a good boy? Yes, yes, you are!” Sehun was baby-talking to Vivi while he held the Bichon up like how a mother would hold her child up in the air to humour it.

 

Sehun was still in the living room floor, having just finished his breakfast when he heard voices approaching their apartment door.

 

Familiar voices that he hadn’t heard in a long time. A very long time.

 

“For the fifth time since you asked today, I am not going to shower with you! You’re a grown up man who is perfectly capable of washing himself alone in the shower!”

 

Sehun put Vivi down; he was too shocked to even move a muscle. That voice. That familiar voice. He was sure it was his voice. That man’s voice who was dubbed as the ‘cold guy’ in the group before. But how? Why?

 

But before Sehun could even be sure of what was happening, he heard another voice. It was loud enough to let Sehun know that the people who were talking were walking closer towards their dorm.

 

“But gege! I’m scared! I need to shower with someone!” Another familiar voice hit Sehun’s hearing senses. By this point, he was starting to get really confused. Was he just hearing things? Why were they in Seoul? Sehun hadn’t spoken to them in a long time. He knew Yixing still talked to them from time to time. Did Yixing invite them over? But he’s over in China right now. Was this some sort of a surprise? Just what was going on?

 

Sehun decided to go to the other members inside the dorm to tell them what was going on because he was sure he wasn’t imagining this. He was about to stand up when he almost fell back down again as he heard someone giggle.

 

That giggle that he hadn’t heard in forever. That giggle that he missed so much. By this point, Sehun was about to freak out. He stood on his feet and was about to run to the kitchen when the door to their house opened.

 

Sehun was dumbfounded. His eyes looked like they were about to pop out of his head; his mouth was hanging open. He would’ve stayed in that position for much longer if Vivi hadn’t run up to the people standing by their doorway.

 

“Vivi!” Sehun called to his beloved pooch. He thought Vivi was going to pounce on the three males in front of him (not that Vivi would ever do anything to hurt anyone) because they were strangers to his dog. Because Sehun got Vivi after they left.

 

He was about to run after his Bichon when…

 

“Aww did baby Vivi miss me? I was only gone for a couple of hours though? You are soooo cute!” The petite Chinese man with the face of an angel picked up Sehun’s dog and started cooing it. The dog in return gave the man kisses like it was very familiar to the person who was holding it.

 

Sehun was just about to open his mouth when Junmyeon and the rest of the members entered the living room from the kitchen.

 

“Oh Yifan, Tao and Luhan, you’re just in time for breakfast. Come eat now. We have to leave to go to the company soon. We have recording for the new album today.” Junmyeon nonchalantly said. “Sehun, what about you? Do you still want to eat? I mean you’ve had cereals already.”

 

Sehun turned to the leader and his eyes opened even wider. If that was even possible at this point.

 

“Sehunnie, are you okay? You look like you’ve seen a ghost?” Luhan chuckled as he started walking towards their youngest member. He was about to put a hand on Sehun’s shoulder when the younger flinched in reflex and turned his body away from the nearing hand.

 

“Whoa there. You okay Hun? What’s wrong? You don’t seem too well?” Tao piped in from behind Luhan.

 

“Maybe he’s just lacking some sleep. Maybe he’s still tired from yesterday’s schedule.” Yifan added.

 

Junmyeon at this point, walked towards Sehun and put his hand over Sehun’s forehead to feel his temperature. “You don’t seem to be hot though? What’s wrong Sehun-ah?”

 

Sehun didn’t know where to begin. He was beyond flabbergasted. First of all, why were the former members of EXO in their dorm in Seoul? Why were they acting like they haven’t been away for the last few years? And why were Junmyeon and the other members acting like this was a normal everyday occurrence in their life? Just what in the world is going on?!

 

Sehun finally gathered some thoughts and opened his mouth to say something.

 

“Okay, can someone tell me what the is happening right now?”

 

To be continued...

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Hi everyone! What do you think of the first chapter so far? :) Feel free to leave a comment.

 

This is my first EXO fic and for the longest time I was thinking of what genre I want my first EXO fic to be. I originally wanted it to be a HunHan romance but after giving it some thoughts, I thought it’d be better if I focussed on the whole OT12 friendship. But that doesn’t mean I will not be including some romantic relationships in this fic.

 

Also, I chose Sehun to be the “main” character for the simple reason that that loveable idiot is my ultimate bias. :’D

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter so far. <3

 

 

 

Until next time,

 

Adorkable Jisoo ~