Taken

The Sun, The Moon In Love

Kim Solar was surely the brightest star at the moment. You could see her face everywhere. Billboards, TVs, Cinemas, Magazines, you named it. It's even hard to find someone in Korea who didn't know who Kim Solar is. 

She was at the peak. But being on the peak means there would be some people who wished for her fall, so they could have their chance to climb up and fill the spot she leave. It's mostly people who was being nice in front of her then stabbed her back once she blinked her eyes. They're enemy in disguise.

Many haters and crazy fanatic fans were scary as well. The haters would do anything to take her down and desperately show the world she's not worthy enough, while the crazy fan get their best to stalk her or worse do the stupidest things to claim her theirs.

That's why having a bodyguard around her all the time didn't seem too exaggerate at all.  

"So, how's the situation there? Is everything alright?" Solar talked on the phone. She just arrived at the filming location, still on the Van as her bodyguard checking the condition around. 

"Clear." The person on the other line answered. 

Solar heaved a sigh before opening the door of the Van. A person waited outside the Van give her a quick bow before courted her to the assigned location. Hyejin, her manager following suit.

It was a common sight to see hundreds of people screaming her name and waiting in every spot she was scheduled to be at. It was scary for her as they would sometimes cross the borderline. She remembered being hospitalized for a week after the crowd being out of control at an event and some of the fans accidentally pushed her, making her fall on the ground and stepped by the crowd. Thanks to the lack of security system provided by the event organizer. She gets them sued later for not making the security as their priority.

But that was an old story. She teaches them (the EO) good for not belittle with the safety matter. Furthermore, she now had her personal bodyguard who would always look for her, putting her safety above all. Somehow, she felt so lucky to have this person as her personal bodyguard. No one does it better. She would send thousands of votes for this person to win if there even an award for The Best Bodyguard of the Year. But no, such award was meaningless as the person has already won her heart.

Solar was deep in her thought, she was about to fall when her foot missed one step of the stair she's been walking in. But as expected, a pair of strong arms wrapped on her waist to prevent her from falling. And then she heard her favourite voice in the whole world speaking so softly.

"Ms. Kim be carefull. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, thank you Byulyi-ssi."

Solar sighed for the loss of warmth as her bodyguard retracted her hands from her waist. How she wished those hands would stay there any longer.

"So, Solar, let me remind you about the dinner with Mr. Nam tonight. It's pretty important since he was the main producer of your upcoming Movie." Hyejin reminded.

"Yeah... I know. But still, it's pretty odd to invite me for dinner. He should just talk to you if it was related to work." 

"Then it might be something unrelated to work." Hyejin said nonchalantly as if it doesn't bother her at all. "Moreover, it has been a public secret that he has a thing for you."

Hyejin was right. The rumor about the young CEO having interest in her was quite being the talk among people in the industry. His dinner invitation received by her company last week was such a confirmation that the rumor was indeed true, especially when the invitation was specifically addressed to her. Years of being in the industry taught her that nothing so called friendly dinner. 

Solar took a glance at Byulyi that was walking beside her. Hoping for a glints of change on her expression. May be jealousy? She huffed when she found nothing. Byulyi's beautiful face was remained calm as always. There's nothing there. Reading was never been her thing, and reading Byulyi was almost impossible.

__________

The set is perfect. The dimly-lit rooftop dining sets, the cool breeze, soft music in the background, delicious food, breathtaking city night view, and a handsome rich guy sitting across the table. Everything just perfect for a romantic dinner a woman could imagine, yet it turned out being an awkward one. 

"Solar-ssi, perhaps you were aware about the rumor going around about me. About us." The young CEO started. "So, I think it'll be easier for me to tell you that I do have feeling for you."

She felt like her heart beat dropped for a while. She had guessed where the whole dinner leading to, yet she still felt like a big lump clogged on her respiratory in a way it makes her hard to breath normally.

The young CEO reached for her hand that were on top of the table, squeezing it lightly before he lift her hand and give it a small kiss. Byulyi was standing meters away from their seat and Solar noticed her lovely bodyguard turned her body around to give them privacy. Although the CEO told her that she was more than save being with him with the high security system set in the building, Solar insisted to have her bodyguard with her during the dinner which left the latter with no option but to agree with her request. Now she started to regretting her decision to tag Byulyi along. Byulyi shouldn't witnessed this kind of scene. 

Solar was contemplating on what she should say. Actually she has no hesitation at all on what she's going to say, it's just a bit hard to say it in a proper way.

"Eric-ssi, I was more than honored to have your attention on me." She paused. "But, unfortunately I have been taken."

"Well... that's so unfortunate of me. I should congrats him then, he was really lucky to have your heart." 

__________

"So, you have been taken?" Byulyi spoke in her calm and monotonous voice. She drove Solar home after the awkward rooftop dinner.

"Yeah, I have, Byulyi-ssi. someone has stolen my heart." Solar answered with a hint of a smirk on her face. She typed in some code to unlock her apartment door and shut it close after Byulyi come in with loads of Solar's stuffs on her hands. 

"And Eric-ssi was wrong about that someone being so lucky for having my heart. It's the other way round. I am the luckiest person alive to have that person's heart, to have your heart, Byul-ah." Solar encircled her arm on Byulyi's waist, hugging her from behind and buried her face on Byulyi's back. She deeply inhaled, taking Byulyi's sweet scent as much as she could. It was her favourite scent. 

Byulyi stiffened by the touch. "Don't you think you lose big by turning him down, Solar? I mean, he's the Mr. Perfect. Look, wealth, good image, what most women looked in a guy, he had it all."

Solar exhaled her breath and turning Byulyi around. "What's that? Can I assume that our Byulyi are jealous?" Yongsun teased. A wide smile escaping her lips at the thought of jealous Byulyi "And we're home now, stop calling me Solar."

Byulyi just shrugged her shoulder as a response. "Roger that, Yongsun-ah." 

Yongsun smiled upon hearing the name rolled from Byulyi's mouth. The name she won't let anyone but Byulyi called her with.

"Byul-ah, I don't feel like loosing anything. Who need a Perfect Guy while I have my perfect girlfriend in my arms? You're perfect for me. I loved you." Byulyi didn't say I love you back, but Solar knew she loved her as much. 

Solar pecked Byulyi on the lips. "Get wash while I prepare our dinner. It's my turn to taking care of you." Solar commanded, ended her sentences with another kiss.

Maybe Byulyi was hard to read, but she always sweet to taste.