Chapter 4: Meeting the Polk-a-dotted pig

Is being pretty everything?

 

 Shin Hee sat in the girl’s restroom’s stall and sobbed to herself after seeing L witnessing her most embarrassing performance.

 

“Otokeh….” Shin Hee whispered to herself,
“Maybe he probably forgot about it…. Yeah! Maybe he did!!!!
Oh whom am I kidding! A person who wears a pig’s mask and dances ily in the middle of the spot!? WHO WOULD FORGET THAT!?” She said to herself.

 

 

Once the restroom door opened, Shin Hee quietly sat there once she heard girls talking,

 

“You know that girl Shin Min?” A girl spoke,

 

“Yeah, what about her?”

 

“Why does her name sound so familiar?”

 

“I thought that too, so I wasn’t the only one who caught that?”

 

“But, I don’t remember having a Lee Shin Min, I remember a Shin Hee from two years ago though.”

 

“You’re mistaken my friend, remember Shin Min was FAT!?”

 

“I know… But something about those two tells me they were close…”


“Maybe it’s just in our heads, Shin Min is a really nice girl, Shin Hee was a monster who wouldn’t stop consuming food.”

 

“Oh god, I know! I remember she wouldn’t stop asking the whole class who had lunch, ‘Are you gonna eat that?’”

 

The two of the girls snickered amongst themselves as Shin Hee was rubbing the tears that rolled down her eyes.

 

“Yeah, but Shin Min is a totally different girl, she’s too sweet and way too thin.”
The last girl spoke as the two left the bathroom.


Once Shin Hee left the stall and saw the door close,
Shin Hee looked in the mirror and wiped the tears off her eyes.

 

“I wonder…. Would I have a chance of people liking me if I came obese?”

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Shin Hee decided to go to her period since it was the last one of the day and she wanted to face Woohyun and L with a confident look.

 

“Deep breaths…” Shin Hee whispered to herself as she entered the classroom,

“Yah Shin Min.” She heard a voice from behind,
She whirled around and saw Woohyun standing there, smiling at her.

 

It kind of crept her out though since Woohyun used to be the worst out of all of Kingkas to harass her back then, however, now he doesn’t know abut her, it was a good time to start all over.

 

 

“Uh… Hi…” Shin hee grinned and bowed politely,


“Your performance back at the gym… it was nice.”

 

“Um thanks?”

 

“No really, not a lot of our mascots had that much pep, but your style would actually bring a crowd for our games.”

 

“Oh really? I’m not that much of a hyper person though.”

 

“Well didn’t look like that during try outs…” Woohyun spoke,

 

Shin Hee’s cheeks blushed and she turned away,
“I-I have to go to my seat now, it was nice meeting you!”

 

Shin Hee quickly said and fast walked to her desk,
Woohyun was behind her smiling at her adorable entrance, he definitely knew he would speak to her again.



Once Shin Hee sat on her assigned seat, she immediately noticed that L wasn’t in his seat, she looked around to see if there was any sign of him, but seems he never came back after lunch period.

 

“Phew… Maybe I’ll finally have a break…” Shin Hee whispered.
But she had that ache in her heart whenever L wasn’t there, she couldn’t point out why though, he was the one in the first place to break her heart and ruin her reputation though, why was she acting like this?

 

 

“Okay class! We’re starting chapter five on our physics lesson!”
The teacher spoke as she entered,

 

Everyone ran into his or her assigned seats,
Everyone except for L….

 

Shin Hee looked at the empty seat beside her and had a feeling of disappointment, she grabbed the handkerchief out of her pocket and stared at it the whole time and thought of only L.

 

 

___________________________________________________________

 

 

 

After the school bell rung for the last period, Shin Hee was the only person in class to walk by herself. Woohyun would’ve hung around her, but since he was popular and had infinite, they were from complete two different worlds.
All the girls wanted to talk to Shin Hee but she seemed too shy to speak to anyone.

 

As Shin Hee made it to her locker, she met a familiar face next to her locker,
it was So Young, looking as if she was waiting for her.

 

“Eh, So Young?”

 

“ Shin Min! Where the heck were you!? You completely ran out on me this morning!” She pouted and punched her on the chest.

 

“Ouch…. Sorry, I had…. To know when were mascot try outs!”

 

“M-Mascot? You tried out!?”

 

 

“Uh yeah, so it seems….I’m the new Woolim Pig….”
Shin Hee said unenthusiastically.

 

It took only So Young half a second to burst into laughter;
Shin Hee rolled her eyes, taking in the humiliation.

 

“I’m sorry! Wah~ That’s so funny!”
“What was more epic was that you made it!!!”

 

“Yah, I get it, had enough…”

 

“Yeah…. WOOH! That was a good laugh!”

 

Shin Hee rolled her eyes and began to enter her combination
and ignored So Young’s presence.

 

“Yah, I was just kidding, being mascot isn’t all bad! At least you get to cheer for the team and get to feed the players! Which are the Kingkas!”

 

“EH!? Mascot does that?”

 

“Yup!” She nodded,

 

“Aigoo, what do I do…”

 

“Yah, it’s alright! You’ll have the whole female in this school be jealous of you too!”

 

“Wow…Yeah, that’s something to look forward to…”

 

“Why’d you even try out in the first place?”

 

“Huh? Why?”
‘So I wouldn’t be killed by the Queenkas!’

 

“There’s nothing good coming out of being the mascot….”

 

“W-Well…”

 

“Unless if you wanted to stay in and stare at the Kingkas… WAIT A MINUTE!
DO YOU LIKE ONE OF THE KINGKAS!?”

 

“WHAT!? Course not!”

 

“It’s not Woohyun right!?”

 

“No way! Why would it!?”

 

“Well you only met Woohyun this morning and who else… L was it?
WAIT A MINUTE YOU LIKE L!??”

“Why are you getting weird ideas!?”

 

“You blushed once I said his name! So it must be true!”

 

“You’re talking nonsense!”

 

“AM I!? MRS. KIM!?!?!?”

 

“Yah!!!”

 

_______________________________________

 

After school, Shin Hee and So Young walked out of the school entrance together, but So Young saw her ride.

 

“Oh, that’s my car.” So Young pointed,

 

“Ah, well I’ll see you tomorrow I guess?”

 

“I guess? YAH!  I gave you my number!” So Young pouted,

 

“Who says I’ll text you? You’ll only tease me about L!”

 

“Yeah I will! So answer my calls yeah?”

 

“Whatever face…” Shin Hee pouted but smiled and waved once she saw So Young wave bye and enter her car.

 

“So will I see you tomorrow?”
Shin Hee heard a voice next by,

 

She looked and saw L and this really pretty ulzzang girl walk together as they entered the school gate.

 

“I don’t know, I feel like ditching…” L smiled,

 

“Yah Oppa, you promised you wouldn’t ditch anymore.”

 

“Who said I’d be ditching alone?” L rose a brow,

 

The girl blushed and playfully punched him in the shoulder until L grabbed her hand and began to slowly hold her hand.

 

“Oppa… I have to go… I’ll call you later.”

 

“If I’ll answer~”

 

L and the girl slowly unlaced their fingers away from each other, making Shin Hee witness everything. Her heart began to ache badly and her face turned crimson red from the anger.

 

The two waved bye and Shin Hee noticed she was going inside the same car as So Young’s,

 

‘Why should I care!? SHIN HEE! You are a new person! A new person! Forget about this L guy!!!!’ Her mind repeated through her mind.

 

Shin Hee turned around and walked to the direction leading towards her house.

 

L saw as So Bin left and felt his heart beat;
to him he knew this was real love. But everything changed in a second,
once he turned and saw Shin Hee walk off the other direction.

 

“That girl again…” L mumbled,

 

He started walking the same direction as her, not because he was following, but because his house led that way also.

Shin Hee began to skip and pick up the pace as L quietly and secretly followed her from behind and observed her.


Shin Hee looked like any other regular high school girl he saw walking around, however, why was he so curious about her? Something about her made him curious and her name rung a bell. However, he didn’t remember seeing her face at all…

 

Shin Hee suddenly paused in the middle of the sidewalk and looked at the tree that was by her as she was walking, L also stopped walking once she stopped,

 

She glared at the tree and immediately threw down her bag.

 

“THA STUPID KK!!!!!” Shin Hee yelled
which also kind of startled L.

 

She walked up to the tree and began kicking it really hard, you could kind of feel the vibrations on the floor,

“HOW DARE THAT JERK GO TO SOME GIRL!!!!”
She yelled louder and began kicking harder and harder each time.

 

 

L was really shocked on how she strong she was. The leaves of the tree looked like they were wilting from her insane manly kicks, however, when she lost weight, most of it was because of her martial arts training.
“DIE! DIE! DIE!” She shouted in every word and kick,

 

“I BECOME SKINNY FOR THAT EGO FELLOW AND HE GOES OFF TO SOME PRETTY ULZZANG LOOKING FUC---“
Shin Hee paused at the last kick once she turned and saw L standing there and blankly looking at her.

 

Shin Hee then stopped kicking and slowly walked away from the tree,
She picked up her handbag and continued her route, pretending nothing happened.

 

“Yah Lee Shin Min!” She heard L call out her fake name,

 

 

Shin Hee paused and slowly turned around and looked at L.
“Uh……. Y-Y-Y-Y-Yes?”

 

He pointed at her skirt,
“Your uniform skirt is tucked into your .”

 

 

She looked behind her and she saw that half her was shown,
revealing her polk a dot , Shin Hee quickly pulled down her skirt and felt her cheeks turn pink,

“Aigoo…. Why am I always looking like a dork in front of this guy?”
She whispered to herself and quickly fixed her skirt.

 

 

 

“D-Did you by any chance---“

 

“Saw your ? Yep. Fully. Polk a dots~”
He smirked,

 

 

“Otokeh…”
She whispered to herself, Shin Hee quickly turned around and walked off without looking what was in front of her,

 

“Thank you----“
BAM

 

She face palmed her face to the tree loudly.

 

 

“Pffft…..” L snickered at the dorky girl.

 

 

“Aigooo! What’s wrong with me today!?”
Shin Hee yelled at herself and looked back at L who was trying to hold his laughter.

 

She quickly walked off without nothing more to say, as L watched her run off.

 

 

L found himself actually smiling at a girl he barely even met. He never smiled…
Why was he acting so strange toward this strange girl, she was WAY far from his type, she wasn’t the first person you’d wanna date when you see her, but she wasn’t ugly… She looked like your everyday average girl… That’s it, nothing that special.

 

But why, he had this strange feeling in the bottom of his gut and had this weird feeling he hadn’t felt in a long time.

 

He was curious about Shin Min, he also really wanted to get to know her more,
it didn’t occur to him why, he for sure had no feelings for her, he just had a feeling she was hiding something… And he was really having that urge to know what it was.

 

 

L picked up the pace and managed not to lose Shin Hee and continued the route towards his home.

 

Shin Hee looked behind her and gasped,
“Is he stalking me?”

 

“I can hear you.” L spoke aloud,

 

“You heard nothing! PSH, stalker!? You!? PFT! HAahahaha!”
Shin Hee laughed idiotically and kept going.

 

 

“Is this girl’s brain damaged or something? Stupid…”

“I heard that also!” Shin Hee yelled and turned to L.
She stopped walking and so did L,

 

“Y-Yah, I’m not stupid…” Shin Hee spoke unconfidently,

 

“You were the one who assumed I was a stalker.”

 

“W-Well, you’re the only one taking this route and suspiciously following me from behind!”

 

“You’re assumption is incorrect, my house is just this way. I’m not stalking some weird girl.”

 

“Weird!? I’m weird and stupid now!?”

 

“Well looking at your failed try outs, becoming a mascot on your first day, wearing a pig mask around the school, falling countless times, face palming yourself into a tree, and seeing you’re always obviously trying to avoid me, you kind of are weird and stupid.”

 

“Tch… Arrogant ego fellow.”

 

“Bwoh? Now you’re calling me names?”

 

“You were the one who called me stupid and weird when we barely just met!”

 

“ You little irritating girl…”

 

“Fifth!” Shin Hee yelled out randomly,

 

“Fifth?”

 

“You’re the fifth person in my list that I want to stab million times with a knife!”

 

L and Shin Hee glared at eachother,
L had enough of her childish games and scoffed.

 

“You are the first.”

 

“First?”

 

“……”


“FIRST OF WHAT!? I SAID MINE! WHAT’S YOURS!?”
Shin Hee yelled,

 

He slowly walked up to her, every foot step he took made Shin Hee more and more nervous, and her heart beated even harder. Her cheeks already felt warm, but then she boiled once L leaned in and their faces were inches away,

 

“I’d tell you… But then I’d have to kill you…”
L glared and used his scary ahjussi voice.

 

Shin Hee swallowed her dry throat and quickly took three steps back,
“A-Araso… I’ll stop talking, just stop creeping me out…”

 

 

L chuckled at Shin Hee’s blushed face,

“What’s so funny?” She asked,

 

“You remind me of this girl named Shin Hee who was the only girl in school to blush that kind of red.”


Shin Hee’s eyes widened,
‘H-He remembers my real name still?’

 

 


“Anyway, bye.” L smirked and took a few steps back,

 

“W-Wait, isn’t your home this route?” Shin Hee questioned,

 

“My home? This ghetto area? Yeah right! I live in the way opposite direction of this place.” L gloated as he was walking the opposite direction,

 

“Th-Then why were you walking this way!?”

 

L turned around and flashed his famous y smirk that would always make Shin Hee’s face turn into a tomato,

 

“I followed a little Polk a dotted pig, is what you can say~”
He hummed and walked off,

 

Shin Hee paused, trying to get his figure of speech, but because of her attention span, she did not get it at all,

 

“What an idiot, pig? Pok-a-dot? He thinks I’m the pabo…”
Shin Hee pouted and began walking home as she was day dreaming of L’s  perfect face.

 

"What a weird girl... Aigoo L,  have you lost your mind? Why are you so curious about a freak like her?" He asked himself
and shrugged off the feeling.


 

 


 

Thank you supporters who inspire me to update,
Yor subscriptions and comments mean a lot! :D

 

alwaysme3

Joselyn

oppa-is-mine

jlambxd

LisethCz

creatingfaith

ImaanNatasha

LilJoker07

lovelyyjocelyn

kpopfreak01

woohinfinite

Update comin soon~