Chapter 2: Running away from my past love

Is being pretty everything?

 

Shin Hee’s old route to school changed a lot, the park she used to passed by almost everyday that was flourished with children playing, seemed now to be a ghost town. The bakery she used to gobble all her food when she was overweight, wasn’t as heartwarming anymore, the two elderly she used to say good morning who seem to have moved and sold the bakery to some large business. The bakery was bigger and filled with more workers and business, which is good…. But wasn’t the same.

Not everything changed, her school was still the biggest in Seoul, classes were cramped together, at least thousand or two thousand of the student population, no where in the school you could have privacy, someone would be there in the room with you always, and it’s be impossible for you not to bump into someone in the hall as least three times.

Shin Hee saw the entrance of the school from far away, as always freshmen would surround that area, she could not see through the school at all.
            She took out her compact mirror and checked nothing but everything to be perfect once she entered the school. She flipped her bangs and checked her short ponytail that stuck out adorably, everything seemed to be fine.
            Shin Hee threw her mirror back to her school bag and walked confidently towards the school entrance.

 

“OMO! Look! The fatty’s back!” One guy yelled with his group of friends once Shin hee reached the gate,

‘Omo…. They recognized me! I new I shouldn’t have left America! Aish! Paboooo….’

 

She closed her eyes and unconfidently looked down, however, the group ran past Shin Hee and teased the person behind him. “Eh?” Shin Hee whispered, she turned around and saw that they were teasing on this other obese kid.

“Hey ShinDong! Where you going huh? We wanna make a bet how many twinkies you could eat in ten minutes!” the kid yelled as he was harassing the guy.

 

‘Bwoh? TWINKIES?! They did that to me last year too….’ Feeling pitty for the kid as he entered the school building with the group that , Shin Hee breathed through her teeth and held up her fist,

 

“Must be hard on that kid… They must hurt him a lot…” Shin Hee whispered.
She had a sudden flashback with the kingkas and queenkas doing that to her before at the school entrance, throwing food and crap to her.

 

She shook her head and mentally slapped herself,
“Aigoo…. Why am I thinking of that? I’m not fat anymore Shin Hee~ I’m a beautiful 25 inched waist, goddess~” She said to herself and acted cute.
“This year’s gonna be different. This year I am Lee Shin Min!” She told herself and skipped inside the school.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

             School was about to start soon and L was in the abandoned culinary class, He always came here t quietly practice his guitar; since it was the only room he can have peace and quiet for himself.

            L’s fingers beautifully played as he plucked through each chord,
the sound was so beautiful, and you’d probably just fall for him instantly if you saw.

 

            clap, clap L heard a clap coming from the room,

“Didn’t I tell you not to make any noise?” L asked and chuckled through his mouth,

 

“I’m sorry Oppa…. You’re just really talented!” So Bin, his beautiful friend, smiled as her cheeks turned crimson red, admiring L’s awesome talent.

 

“Aigoo… If you keep distracting me, I’m gonna ask you to leave.” L stuck hs tongue out and kept on strumming his guitar. She pouted cutely and walked up to him and playfully punched him on the head. “Pabo… You’re so mean to your friend….” She mumbled. L laughed and moved her hand away from his head and placed it on his face, “Y-Yah! O-Oppa…. What are you doing?” So Bin asked,
“You were staring at my face the whole time, isn’t this what you wanted?” L rose a brow. “O-Oppa…” So Bin stuttered and a sudden warm entrance came into the room as her heart raced,

 

            “Oh Myungsoo!” Woohyun, Myungsoo’s closest guy friend hummed as he entered the room at the wrong timing. He saw what was going on and smirked.
“Did I come at the wrong time? OH PLEASE YOU TWO! GET A ROOM!” Woohyun yelled so everyone could hear.

            So Bin’s jaw dropped and she quickly ran away embarrassed out of her mind.

“You block….” L mumbled as he packed his guitar case,


“Oh please, you told me you didn’t even like her Kim Myungsoo!”

 

“First of all, don’t use that name, second, I think things might change between me and her. I mean, I know she's had the longest crush on me…. I think I might warm up to her.” L smiled to himself, as Woohyun witnessed everything.

 

“Yah! She’s the president for the school L! Don’t get ay strange ideas!” Woohyun wagged his finger and tried to sound serious.

 

L just laughed and patted Woohyun’s shoulder, leaving the room with his guitar case.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“OMO….. Why are the lockers here so big now?” Shin Hee awed from the long lockers. “They didn’t have this last time…. Well no matter! I finally get a bigger locker!” She smiled and opened her locker, finishing inserting her combo in.

 

She slammed the locker wide open and suddenly heard a bang right next to her.
“OWWW!” Someone shrieked in pain. Shin Hee’s eyes widened, knowing she hurt someone, she quickly looked to see and saw a cute girl rubbing her forehead.

 

“Omo….. Owwie…..” The girl mumbled as she rubbed her forehead,

 

“AUGH! Are you okay!?” Shin Hee asked,

 

“Owwie….”  The girl mumbled and looked at the mirror to check her appearance,
“Omo! This bruise is dark! How will I face Woohyun shi!? My bangs are too long, it’ll cover half my face!” The girl panicked.

 

Shin Hee felt bad for the girl and tapped on her shoulder,
The girl turned around and saw Shin Hee stand there.

 

“Do you need help?”

 

---------

 

Shin Hee finished fixing the girl’s forehead, hair spraying her bangs into place.
“Wah! My bangs look so pretty! You’re really good!” The girl smiled and touched her hair.

 

“Your welcome, but it was my fault in the first place, no need to thank me.”

 

“A-Ani! It’s not! I mean, happens right?” The girl laughed,
“Are you by any chance…. New here? I never saw anyone use the locker next to me before.”

 

“Ah… Neh! Nice to meet you! I'm Lee Shee Min” Shin Hee grinned and extended her arm out.

 

“Nice to meet you! I’m---“


“Yah So Young!” A familiar voice from far away called out, Shin Hee peeped out see who it was and saw the same face she remembered years ago. She quickly turned away,

 

“Ah! Woohyun Oppa! What are you doing here?” So Young questioned,

 

“I’m here going to class late with L obviously!” Woohyun smiled and patted L’s back.

 

‘L!? AS IN MYUNGSOO!?”

Shin Hee thought to herself, she did a quick turn and saw Myungsoo!
IT WAS MYUNGSOO!!!!! IT WAS ACTUALLY MYUNGSOO!
The love of her life that broke her heart...

 

 

“Bad Oppas….. Anyway! I’m here with a new student!”
So Young smiled and turned to Shin Hee who had her back faced the other way.

 

Woohyun tilted his head and L was a bit curious also,
Shin Hee already knew that the three were looking at her.

She couldn’t face them yet….. Especially L!
Her self-conscious began to come back and she needed to act fast.

 

 

A person with a mascot costume suddenly passed by, dressed as the school’s mascot, a pig. Shin Hee, not even thinking of the consequences, quickly grabbed the Mascots Head of the pig out of him.

 

“Yah! What gives!?”The mascot asked,
Shin Hee quickly placed it on her head, and a moment of silence came.
Shin Hee took three steps back, with everyone just not doing anything but stare.

 

She then grabbed her school bag and quickly turned around, only to see the pig mask to cover her face,
She quickly ran away between L and Woohyun, running, not knowing where she was going, just running and running. Just like her past, she thougt to herself.

 

“What the hell!? What was that?” Woohyun asked as he scratched his scalp,

 

L tilted his head and a puzzled look was plastered onto his face,
‘Hmmm…. That weird pig girl…. Why do I have a feeling I knew her when I didn’t even see her face?”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOL..... :D
I wote this at 4 am before school cause
i could not sleep! :(
Hope you like dthe update!
Comment and subscribe~