The Truth

Should've Known

    “I can’t do this! I’m not cut out for this!” Yoongi yelled.

He ed a crying infant into Hoseok’s arms, Hoseok being careful during the exchange.

    “But Yoon-”

    “I know we said we would be a family and raise him together but I just can’t! I’m not going to be a parent now!” Yoongi screamed.

The infant began to cry as Yoongi yelled, Hoseok wasn’t sure what to do.

    “What are you going to do then?! Just never interact with our son?!” Hoseok’s grip tightens on the wailing child.

    “I’m leaving Hoseok. I’ve got a life to look forward to.” Yoongi scoffed, exiting their apartment.

Once he slammed the door, he leaned against it for a moment.

    “Fine! Leave! I don’t need you! Jimin doesn’t need you either! We don’t want you!! You’re a coward, Min Yoongi!!” Hoseok yelled.

He shook his head and walked down the stairs, nearing a black haired male.

    “It’s done.” Yoongi walked past him while the latter looked concerned.

They got into a car, Yoongi in the passenger seat and the latter in the driver seat.

    “Yoongi, I honestly don’t think this was a good idea.”

    “It’s done and over with, Kibum. He’s beyond pissed with me that if I went back now he’ll just refuse me.” Yoongi stared out the window.

    “But you’re going to miss him! Hoseok is your soulmate and you’re going to miss the bundle of joy you two created… Jimin Park Jung-Min was it?” Kibum stared at the road ahead.

    “It was but now it’s just, Jung. Jimin Park Jung….” Yoongi’s eyes glazed over before he blinked.

    “I still don’t think this was a good idea. You should’ve fought for Hoseok and Jimin to go with you!” Kibum pulled into a parking spot.

Yoongi got out and leaned against the car as Kibum rounded the front to join him.

    “I won’t miss them, I won’t miss Hoseok and I definitely won’t miss that constant movement in my belly or being over emotional all the time.” Yoongi scoffed.

Kibum hummed, running a hand over his own before sighing.

    “But didn’t you-”

    “It was a pain, Kibum. Don’t try to convince me about my own child when I know you’re carrying one at the moment.” Yoongi walked away.

Kibum’s mouth dropped in shock, before catching up with his client.

    “H-How did you know?” Kibum panicked.

    “Kibum, you’re glowing. I can tell.” Yoongi stepped into an elevator, his manager following after him.

    “I didn’t me-”

    “Relax. Your husbands gonna be a good father, just like I know Hoseok will be.” Yoongi pressed a button.

Kibum sighed before smiling softly at Yoongi.

    “Alright, but just don’t lie to me.” Kibum pressed the stop button on the elevator.

    “What do you mean?” Yoongi raised an eyebrow as the elevator stopped.

    “Hoseok and little Jimin, you’re missing them right now and if you say you don’t I’m going to cancel every one of your appearances.

Yoongi looked surprised but he couldn’t really deny it. The more he says he doesn’t miss them, the more he does. He covered his eyes and teared up, he did it for them. He wanted Jimin to grow up normal and didn’t want to put Hoseok in the middle of the spotlight.

    “I-I didn’t want to do it, Kibum. I-I put my son in danger just to convince Hoseok that I didn’t love them anymore. I-If I took them with me there would be rumors, the-ey would call Jimin a bastard child since we’re not married, Hoseok would have panic attacks and I-I couldn’t be with him to calm him down. It’s scary to think about Hoseok being frozen under the flash of cameras and paparazzi talking bad about our child. That’s why I did it! Not because I wanted too but because I was looking out for them.” Yoongi sobbed, falling to his knees.

Kibum’s eyes were watering with tears as he bent down to comfort Yoongi.

    “I’m sorry I forgot about those facts but I’m here for you, Yoongi. I’ll keep them a secret if the company found out they’ll just use them for publicity.” Kibum wiped his eyes.

    “Thank you, Kibum.” Yoongi smiled.

Years later, Yoongi was walking down his familiar street and froze before ducking behind a wall. Hoseok was walking home after his shift, thankfully he didn’t see him. His heart started to beat fast before he decided to follow his ex. When they reached the apartments, Yoongi saw Hoseok knocked on the door to a different apartment.

    “You moved on that fast, Hoseok?” Yoongi’s heart felt like breaking.

His heart repaired itself when he saw old Yunshi open the door with Jimin in her arms. He looked so grown now and Yoongi couldn’t help but feel proud. He saw Hoseok bow and went upstairs to his apartment with Jimin. Once Yoongi saw the door shut, he darted out towards the old lady’s apartment. He composed himself before knocking on the door, pulling up his hood. The door opened and Yunshi looked surprised.

    “Oh Yoongi, what brings you here?”

    “I just wanted to stop by and talk to you.” Yoongi smiled softly.

    “Want me to get Hoseok?” She offered.

    “Oh no no no, it’s would be awkward since we’re not together…” Yoongi stared at the floor, “Actually I wanted to give you this.” He pulled out an envelope, handing it to the old lady.

    “Yoongi, I can’t take this.” Yunshi said, pulling out money from the envelope.

    “Please take it. I know you probably told Hoseok you don’t want him to pay you but I know deep down he wants to but doesn’t have the money for it. All of his money goes to Jimin so I want to pay you on his behalf and mine for taking care of my Jimin.” Yoongi’s voice cracked at the end.

    “Yoongi… You want to go back to them, don’t you?” Yunshi spoke in a soft tone.

Yoongi nodded as silent tears rolled down his face.

    “But I can’t so please take of them for me.” Yoongi wiped his eyes before bowing.

When he got back to his company, people were staring at him. He felt uneasy as he walked over to Kibum’s area. He shut the door and looked at his manager, who looked pale.

    “What happened? Why is everyone staring at me?” Yoongi sat down nervously.

    “Well, they were looking at your medical records and they found out about your pregnancy.” Kibum’s hand shook.

    “And?!” Yoongi exclaimed.

    “I had a meeting with them and they said they could terminate you or you have plead for the child and make Hoseok look like a villain.”

    “Like say he took Jimin from me?” Yoongi gulped.

    “They barely handled the news that I was. Now they have two freaks in their company.” Kibum stared at a picture on his desk, “Tonight, we have to have a press conference.”

    “Kibum, this isn’t fair! I didn’t want them involved!” Yoongi exclaimed.

    “I can’t do anything about it. I tried!” Kibum argued.

Yoongi spun around in the chair before sighing.

    “This is what we get for being freaks, right?” Yoongi chuckled.

    “Clearly.” Kibum scoffed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: *gasp*