You're mine - [3/3]

Sailing

One year later

Jessica had flown away to another country the next day after she caught Yuri making out with her assistant again. Honestly, she expected Yuri to chase after her, but she never did. 

She had been staying in the states for a year now and her life was a living hell. She had forced herself to forget about Yuri and move on. She had tried every way possible, such as getting to know new people, going dates with new guys, immersing herself in works, developing new hobbies but it all failed miserably. Everything around her reminded her of Yuri. She would think about Yuri when she wakes up, eats, showers, works, sleeps. She missed Yuri, her voice, her face, her body, her warmth, her kisses, her touches, she missed everything about Yuri. She missed her so much that she knew she couldn't take it anymore. She needed to see Yuri again so she decided to fly back to Korea. 

When she was back in Korea, she found out that Yuri is together with Irene now. They're acting like a couple deeply in love, exactly like how they used to be. Things that Yuri used to do it to her, now she's doing it to Irene. She remembered vividly how Yuri said she's the only one, but now she's holding and hugging Irene. She hates it, she hates how Irene got what's hers now. 

She took out her phone and sent a text to Yuri. 

Tonight, my place. ------ Jessica 

Irene didn't like the idea of Yuri going to Jessica's place. She had seen the way Jessica acted all possessive around Yuri. She got a bad feeling about it but Yuri had convinced her that she had to go as she never got the chance to apologize to her.

Yuri knew Jessica was living in the states. The reason why Yuri never chase after Jessica was because first, she knew she had betrayed Jessica, her trust, her love, their loves, not only once but twice. She knew she had broken all her promises and she hated herself for doing that. Even if she chased after her and got back together, she had no faith that she would never repeat the same action again. Second, Jessica had asked her to stay away from her. With Jessica’s text asking her to meet at her place, Yuri knew it was time to go to her. She should apologize and give her the closure that she deserved. And that's how Yuri ended up standing in front of Jessica's place now. 

She knocked on the door and after a while Jessica opened the door. Standing in front of her was the same woman, the love of her life before this but everything is different now. She looked so cold and she is so much skinner compared to one year ago. Jessica looked at her with her emotionless eyes and invited her in. Both of them sat down in the living room and didn't say a word. 

Yuri was the first to break the silence, "How are you?" but Jessica never replied to her. 

 "I'm sorry Jessica, for everything." She hugged Jessica, and Jessica felt the same feeling again. She missed her so much, but she just kept quiet. 

"I don't know what else to say other than sorry. I'm sorry for the way things turned out to be. I loved you, with all of my heart. I've tried very hard to make it stay that way but I failed, miserably. My heart never listened to me, it was like it had its own thinking and took control of my mind and body. I should've told you that I fell out of love. I should've ended things earlier so it won't turn out this way. You deserve so much more than this. I'm sorry." 

Jessica felt her already broken heart broke into millions of pieces that she could no longer feel the pain. Seeing no response from her, Yuri then continued,"Sica, I know it hurts, but you have to let me go. Stop holding on to the past, you need to let it go, and move on. I'm sorry and I wish you a happy future."

Hearing that from Yuri's mouth, she realized how stupid she was to leave one year ago, she should've stayed and claimed what's hers. She thought Yuri was here to get back together with her but instead she got herself another version of closure so she had made up her mind. 

Seeing Jessica’s motionless body and reaction, Yuri took it as a clue to leave her alone, "I should leave now." 

When she saw Yuri standing up and reaching for the door with her back facing her, she picked up the knife at the kitchen and stabbed Yuri’s back. Yuri felt something sharp penetrated through her heart. The sharp pain made her lost all her strength and dropped to the floor. Before she knew it, Jessica was there to catch her body before it hits the floor.

"I got you. I promised, didn't I? I always keep my promises." Indeed, that was what she promised the other girl too. 

Jessica was holding her tightly in her arms. Yuri looked at her, she wanted to say something, she wanted to say sorry, but the words won't come out of . Tears were rolling down her face, she looked at Jessica one last time. 

The moment she closed her eyes, Jessica knew she was gone. She removed the knife from Yuri's heart, and used all her remaining strength to stab her own heart. 

She too, was crying hard now. She looked at Yuri one last time and smiled. 

Because what's hers will always be hers

--- The End ---

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: 

Please don't kill me for this ending xoxo, hope you guys like this story. 

Feel free to drop me your comment and feedback, it always motivates me to write more. Anyway, thank you for reading. Till next time🌹