You're mine - [2/3]

Sailing

Jessica knew how much Yuri wanted her to join her on the trip, that's why she had been working her off to finish her project and took the first flight available in the morning. She wanted it to be a surprise for her lover. Once she touched down, she didn't waste any time and took the cab to the hotel. The employee at the front counter knew she was his boss's lover so he just passed her the key to his boss's room. Without much thinking, she just walked to the room and opened the door. 

Indeed, it turned out to be a surprise, not to Yuri but to herself. She saw Yuri and her assistant sleeping on the same bed hugging each other, she could see their tangled legs where the blanket was not covering and their clothes scattered on the floor. Shocked, she couldn't believe the scene in front of her actually happened and it broke her heart into thousands of pieces. She walked to Irene's side and slapped her hard on her face. 

That slap woke Irene up from her sweet dream and the sound of the hard slap woke Yuri up from her sleep. She opened her eyes and saw a furious Jessica standing at the other side of the bed, glaring at both of them with eyes full of tears.

“How dare you ! She's mine!” 

Irene didn't dare to say anything, she was weeping hard at the moment. She was holding tightly onto the blanket, covering her body like her life depended on it. She felt so ashamed of herself. She knew she had committed the unforgivable mistake. 

“Baby”

“Don't you dare to ‘baby’ me. I worked my off and didn't get enough sleep for a whole week, took the first flight early in the morning to come here, to you. And what did I get? I got to see you fcking someone behind my back. Fck you Kwon Yuri! I hate you!”

With that, Jessica walked out the room without looking back. She could taste the blood inside as she had been biting her lips and trying hard not to cry in front of them, her tears kept flowing out from her eyes. She could hardly breathe, she felt like her whole world just crushed down on her. She walked and walked until her legs couldn't take it anymore and sat down on the floor. 

After 10 minutes, she could feel someone stood beside her, she squatted down and carried her up with her arms. She knew who it was, the familiar embrace that she loved so much. 

“Put me down.”

Yuri didn't reply or say anything. Jessica knew it was no use to argue with her as she was too weak and too tired to push her away now, so she just let Yuri carried her to wherever she wanted. Yuri had carried her to another hotel room and put her down on the bed. Jessica was sitting at the edge of the bed and Yuri was kneeling down in front of her holding her hands. She was looking straight to her eyes and she could see Yuri’s eyes were full of tears as well. 

“I'm sorry, it was a mistake. I was drunk, deadly drunk.” She could smell the alcohol from her breath.

“It's almost impossible for you to get drunk considering how high your alcohol tolerance is.” The crying had taken its toll on her as Jessica replied her with a small and hoarse voice. 

“I know, I know it's not an excuse for my action. It's just I'd been drinking a lot without you by my side last night. I was not in the right state of mind when it happened. I know being drunk is not an excuse and I should've had better self-control, but things just happened so fast when lust took over my body. You can hit me, slap me, kick me right now, please. Don’t give up on us, don’t give up on me. I'm sorry, I really am.” Yuri then kissed her on the hands that she had been holding. 

 “I just want you to know that I love you baby, only you. It's you that I wanna spend the rest of my life with. I can't imagine my life without you, please don’t leave me, please give me a second chance baby, I love you.” Yuri whispered in a pleading voice.

Jessica just stared at her without saying anything. Seeing Jessica not responding to her, she continued, “I understand that it hurts you deeply and I don't deserve it. I was a fool for doing that to you. I got the best things in the world, you, us, our love, but I just destroyed everything with my very own hands. I'm sorry baby. I understand if you don't want to be with me anymore.”

After a long moment of silence, Jessica asked, “Were you cheating behind my back all this while?”

“No! Of course not. You knew I would never do that. It was just this one time, I was drunk Sica, I’m sorry.”

“Am I not good enough for you? That you have to find someone else to satisfy you?” Jessica was in a terrible condition at the moment; she had been crying for so long that she had bloodshot eyes. 

Yuri sighed, “Sica, you're the best thing that ever happened in my life. It was a mistake, please. If you really hate me this much, if you really can't stand the sight of me being near you anymore, I'll leave. It hurts so much to see you being in this condition right now knowing I am the cause of it. I'm sorry and I love you.” 

Yuri kissed her forehead and hugged her. She stood up and turned around to leave. A step nearer to the door, she could feel a pull at the back of her shirt. She knew it was a sign showing Jessica not wanting her to leave right now so she just stood still. Jessica then reached forward and back hugged her tightly, her eyes wetting her shirt. 

“Stay” Jessica had decided to forgive her, first, because she knew she was drunk, she chose to believe her. Second, she really loves Yuri, she knew she can't live without her. The moment Yuri said she would leave, she felt her already broken heart sank even deeper. To live without Yuri or to forgive Yuri even if it will take forever to mend her broken heart, she knew she would choose to be with Yuri again. 

“I believe you.” 

Hearing that, Yuri sprang around to look at her and squeeze her tightly in her embrace, “Thank you Sica, I love you baby.” 

Glaring deep into her eyes, Jessica made sure to pass the message with a menacing voice, “But I'll kill you and whoever it is if this happens again.”

“I promise it will never happen again. Never.” 

And with that, Yuri sealed it with another kiss. 

---

Even since that unfaithful incident, Jessica had started to be suspicious of everything, she would check up on Yuri every now and them, giving her calls, visiting her office to make sure everyone stays away from Yuri. Everything looked suspicious to her and she would get all worked up for nothing. Yuri would try her best to explain things to her because she knew it was her fault that their relationship turned out to be this way. She tried her best to prove to Jessica that she only loves her, to make things work again, as time went by, she could feel Jessica started to loosen up and she could see the glimpse of the old Jessica before the incident.

After that incident, Yuri had transferred Irene to another department. Initially Jessica had insisted to fire Irene, but Yuri managed to talk her out of that since Irene was being nothing less than a good staff to the company. She also noticed that Irene had avoided any possible encounter with her since that day. She knew it was never fair to her that she just left without saying anything that day, she was the one who started everything, she should at least apologize to her. She knew she had to talk to her one day.

On one afternoon, she was supposed to have a meeting with her vice president for their project. She heard someone knocked on the door.

“Come in”

And there she saw Irene walked in holding some files.

“Ms. Kim left for some urgencies with Ms. Tiffany. She sent me over to discuss about this.” She spoke with a timid voice. 

Of course, she would be here, she was Taeyeon’s new assistant for god’s sake. Yuri mentally scolded herself for being careless. “We can arrange another meeting after she settles her urgencies.”

“You know we can’t afford another delay for this project Ms Kwon, and Ms. Kim had given me clear instruction that we have to finish this by today.” 

She knew the importance of this meeting but both of them had avoided every single chance to be just the two of them, of course they both met after that, but always with the presence of a third person. Yuri could see the reluctance when she took another step towards her meeting table. Seeing her being professional despite her reluctance to be here, Yuri decided to act professional as well. She walked to the meeting table and sat down, “Okay, let’s start.”

They had been discussing for an hour now, Irene was showing her the related documents. They were halfway browsing the documents when she felt Irene's fingers accidentally grazed her hand. 

Irene retreated her hand almost immediately, "I'm sorry" 

The moment Irene's hand touched hers, she could feel the same electric spark in her body again and it was the same to Irene. The moment she felt Yuri's skin, the memories of that night flashed back, she missed her kisses, her touches, her warmth. She missed everything about her boss. 

"I'm sorry, for everything." Said Irene with the same soft voice. Yuri could see tears welling up in Irene's eyes. 

She felt a strong urge to hug the girl in front of her. In order to fight it, she tilted her head away to stare at the wall in front of her. "You and I both knew who started it so you shouldn't be the one saying sorry right now" 

And there Irene could see the same pair of sad eyes again. She really hated to see Yuri in this condition. With the intention to stop her from drowning in her own sorrow, she turned Yuri's body a bit so she could look into Yuri's eyes and said, "You were drunk. I was not but I still did it."

Seeing Irene's bold move, Yuri moved nearer to hold her hands. "You really have no idea how high my alcohol tolerance is, do you?" 

Shocked, she asked, "What?"

Yuri was drawing small circles on her hand while staring deeply at her eyes, "Was I that bad that you thought I was completely drunk and not knowing what was going on?" 

It was the best night ever to her. Unknowingly, she mouthed a "no" to Yuri. 

Hearing her answer, Yuri smiled. "It was only my third bottle that night. I was far from being drunk. Tipsy? Yes, but definitely not drunk."

Yuri just admitted that she did it with a sober mind. Now she understood why the sad eyes, because deep down inside her heart, she knew she had betrayed Jessica and their love. This disclosure totally shocked her and she didn't know how to respond anymore. 

After a moment of silence, she asked "Why are you talking about this now?" 

"Because I don't want you to think it was just one-sided. At that moment, I wanted it too. So stop putting all the blame on yourself. You're getting skinner nowadays." Yuri said while caressing her face. 

Upon feeling Yuri's hands on her face, she had leaned forward making the distance between them even closer. She liked Yuri's touches, always so warm, so sweet, and gentle. 

Yuri took the initiative to press their foreheads together. She could see Irene gulped while staring at her lips so she moved in even closer and asked, "Can I?" 

Without thinking much, Irene just nodded slightly to that. The next second she could feel Yuri closed the distance between them and captured her lips. They were so lost in the kiss that in a moment, she could feel her back hit the sofa with Yuri being on top. 

Yuri heard the door clicked and before she got the time to stop her action, she heard a gasp. She looked up to see Jessica standing at the door. She hastily stood up and ran towards Jessica. 

“Don't touch me.” Jessica shouted angrily towards Yuri. "Don't fcking touch me. U smell like her."

"Please, let me explain."

"Were u drunk this time?" 

"No." Yuri dropped her head. She wanted to hold Jessica but Jessica stopped her. 

"Stop, don't come near me, I hate you Kwon" 

With that, Jessica left and Yuri knew that was it, the end of their love stories. 

---