Oblivious - Part 1

Sailing

Yuri’s POV

It’s always this way, me hugging this girl that’s crying in my arms, and watch her cry herself to sleep.

It was only one month before she told me, “Hey Yul, meet my boyfriend, Taecyeon.” And now she is heartbroken because she broke up with that jerk when he want to get into her pants last night.

It’s always this way and it was the same with her ex-boyfriends. All they want was just , and .

You see Jessica and I met in middle school. At first, she was very cold to everyone as she just got transferred from San Francisco. I still remember the first day she got transferred to our school and ate alone in the cafeteria, so I brought along my lunchbox to share with her. Turned out she was just cold on the outside and warm on the inside. Me and Jessica got along very well after that and became best friends, roommates, or more, soulmate is what she said. We spent most of the time together, class together, lunch break together, summer break together, practically doing everything together. It’s wonderful when you have a best friend to share every moment and everything together, but the problem is you see, I like her, a lot, more than just friends. In fact, I’m in love with her. Yes, I’m gay and I realized that when she first kissed me on the cheeks. I got this wild butterflies in my stomach and my heart just skipped a beat. I love her smiles, her shy smiles, her evil smiles, her gentle smiles, her sweet smiles. I love her voices, her giggles, her touches, her warm heart, her hair, her eyes, her nose, her lips, I just love everything of her. Of course, I didn’t tell her anything about it because obviously, she is straight, like a pole. I remember when I first got my heartbreak…

Yul, meet my boyfriend Jaejoong.

The world just came crashing down on me when she introduced me her first boyfriend in high school. The way they would go for small dates after school, the way Jessica would giggle at his lame jokes, the way Jessica would tell me their sweet love stories after she came back to the dorm, the way Jessica held his hands, the way they hugged and all, it just hurts me so damn much that I can’t breathe anymore, my heart just broke into pieces. However, I started to get used to it as I know it will be fine as long as she is happy. And that is when I started going out with girls, it helps me to forget about the pains, even though it’s just temporarily. It is a bit surprise though as Jessica didn’t freak out and accepted me being gay.

Every time her stories would continue with her running to me and crying her heart out after the broke up whenever those guys want to get into her pants. She said she want to save it for the right one after getting married. And I would just whisper words to console her and hug her to sleep. You will think that after the broke up, I will get a chance? No. You see, Jessica here is fccking straight. After the broke up, the same thing will repeat again, she will get a new boyfriend, get her heartbroken, me being there for her, and new boyfriend again after few weeks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Jessica’s POV

Another week passed by like usual after the broke up with that jerk and today’s just another normal day. I’m sitting on the usual bench-me and Yuri’s usual spot while reading a novel. It helps to ease my mind and distract myself from those heartbreaking memories.

Come to think of it, my relationships had been the same from the start, me getting a boyfriend, me giving my heart out to them, me hurting after all they want is just , me breaking up with them, my being heartbroken and me crying to my best friend. Oh forget to tell you who is my best friend. Her name is Kwon Yuri, my soulmate since middle school. When I first transferred to Korea, everyone avoided me, only Yuri came to me and we have become best friends after that. Yuri is sweet, caring, patient, and sometimes very protective over me. She was there when I got bullied, she was there when I need help, she was there when I need someone to talk to, she was there when I had nightmare. She promised she will always be there for me, and she is one of those who never break their promises and I love the fact that she is and will always be there for me. Oh, and did I mention she is gay. Yea, I was shocked too at first, but I came to accept it since she’s my best friend. She never stay in a relationship for too long, Tiffany, Yoona, Jiyeon, Hyomin, Yejin, Sekyung, and more, they were all her girlfriends. Can’t blame her though, she’s hot and charming. Don’t take it the wrong way, she is not a player. I once asked her why, and she answered that she is still looking for the right one. She treated them real good, she would take them to dates and buy them things, things that a 10/10 girlfriend would do. Whenever I saw her hugged them, held hands, kissed them, there was this weird feeling inside my heart, I think it is just normal jealousy, because she has no time for me anymore.

I hear footsteps coming nearer, I ignore it and focuse back on the novel.

“Jessica”

I look up from my spot and there's this glowing white skin girl with blonde hair. She’s wearing a black checked shirt with black shirt inside, shorts, and a white sneakers. Both of her hands behind her back. Cute and pretty.

“Hi Jessica, I’m Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon. I have the same music class with you.” She holds out her hand for a handshake.

I put down my novel and stand up for the handshake. Warm, I thought.

“Hi Taeyeon.”

She gives me a bright smile and looks down on her feet. After few seconds, she looks back up and stares straight into my eyes.

“I know this will be a bit surprising to you.” She clears  and holds out a flower from her back.

“Jessica Jung, I love you, please be my girlfriend. “

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Third Person’s POV

Can’t comprehend of what Taeyeon had said, Jessica just stood there without blinking her eyes. Thousands of thoughts flew into her mind and she didn’t know how to respond or reject the girl in front of her. All of a sudden, a thought saying “you said all the boys just want to get into your pants right, maybe girl wouldn’t do that” She thought about it again and again, maybe she could just give it a try, there’s always a first for everything, no hurts trying right. Maybe there’s a reason why Yuri is gay, her relationships with the girls look so sweet. After all, the girl in front of her looks sincere and cute, and she can always break it off if it didn’t work out. She really wanted to get in a sweet and serious relationship.

While Jessica was still talking to herself in her mind, Teayeon stood there looking like a lost kid while holding the flower up.

“Hey Jessica, are you okay? I know you’re straight and all, but I really love you, can you be my girlfriend, please say yes?”

Taeyeon's voice brought Jessica back to earth again. She looked at the girl in front of her from head to toe and thought, “She is cute and pretty, maybe I should give it a try.”

“Fine. Taeyeon right, tomorrow, I’ll be your girlfriend tomorrow.”

Hearing that, Teayeon's mouth dropped and eyes blinked for a few times. She was expecting a “no, get off” from Jessica as she knows she is straight. Jessica’s answer just made her heart flies up to cloud nine. This is the happiest moment of Taeyeon’s life. She pulled Jessica into her arms and kissed her cheeks.

“Thanks Jessica, I promise you would not regret about this. I love you.”

Jessica just stood there with a super red cheeks and let Taeyeon hugged her tightly.

After what seem like forever to Taeyeon, she broke off from the hug and looked at Jessica again.

“Thanks again for accepting me Jessica, I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Yea, tomorrow.”

She gave the flower to Jessica before leaving with “Bye Jessica, see ya.”

Still thinking about the decision she made, Jessica finally came to realize that she just got herself a girlfriend. OH MY GOD! A GIRLFRIEND! I CAN’T BELIEVE IT! She couldn’t wait to share this big news with Yuri. She knew Yuri still had one last class so she took out her phone and texted Yuri.

Yul, let’s meet at the usual spot after class. <3 --- Jessica

Okay, wait for me there ya Sica. --- Yuri

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Yul!” Jessica shouted happily once she saw Yuri walked towards the bench. She hugged Yuri tightly as usual and mumbled “I miss you”. Yuri chuckled at Jessica’s cute act and hugged her back.

After 10 seconds of hugging, Jessica pushed her head back and asked, “How’s your day?”

“Fine, nothing special. How about you, Sica?”

Jessica’s cheeks turned pink as a certain “I love you, please be my girlfriend” crossed her mind again. She shook her head to calm herself and got out of the warm hug.

“Yul, actually… there’s this one thing that I want to tell you. I… You know I’m straight all along and how I have been meeting with different jerks all the time.”

Yuri just gave her a questioning look and nodded her head. Seeing this, Jessica took it as a sign to continue.

“I have thought about it many times, maybe I’m not worthy for a serious relationship. All the guy I met, all they want was getting into my pan…”

Before Jessica could finish the sentence, Yuri put her finger on Jessica’s lips to shush her. She pulled Jessica into her arms and Jessica liked the warm embrace.

“Don’t say things like that, you know that’s not true, Sica. I’ve told you many times before and I’m going to tell you this again and again until it gets into your stubborn head and finally understand that you’re the best girlfriend that they can ever get, you’re beautiful inside and out. You’re too good for them and those bastards are not worthy for your love and tears, Sica-ya.”

Jessica blushed upon hearing that, even though she had heard that many times before but she still got some butterflies in her stomach wherever Yuri said she’s beautiful inside and out. To get back to the topic, Jessica coughed and said, “I know I know, thanks Yuri-ya. That’s not the point, just let me continue first, okay?”

Speechless and don’t know how to respond to this, Yuri just scratched her not so itchy head and smiled.

Seeing Yuri’s cute and silly act, Jessica couldn’t help and pinched Yuri’s cheeks and said, “Silly, to continue, you know the girl named Taeyeon?”

Yuri nodded her head.

“She came up to me when I was reading just now and confessed to me. And guess what, I accepted and boom, I’m her girlfriend now.” Jessica finished with a shy smile.

Blink, blink, and blink. Yuri opened but nothing came out.

Understanding her dumbfounded response, Jessica continued with, “Yea yea yea, I know I’m straight and as I was saying, all those guys I met just want to get into my pants. So I thought maybe giving a try to a girl will be different this time, maybe she is not that kind of person and I will finally find myself the one and get my well-deserved and long-lasting relationship. Plus she is really pretty and cute at the same time.”

Blink again, Jessica’s words finally registered in Yuri’s mind and the next sentences just came out of without thinking.

 “What the fcck? You fccking accepted her just because you think that girl doesn’t want to get into your pants? And I have been here treating you like a princess all these times, and you didn’t even give a chance???”

 

 

To be continued.