Start and Final

Moments We Spent Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you ready, dear?”

 

I sighed. “Yeah, coming mom.” Glancing around my room one last time, memories came back rushing to my head giving me all the nostalgia feels. All the smiles and happy faces I could recall in this very space, one person in particular.

 

Picking up and dragging my suitcase I entered the car with my parents. They both looked at me and smiled softly, a tinge of sadness hidden behind their eyes, before driving away. Far, far away from my comfort space, all my vivid memories leaving me slowly.

 

I sat down by the window staring into the distance outside. Faint music from the radio played in the background, but I didn’t hear anything, I couldn’t. My mind was drifted away, carried away by the waves inside my head. It was a mess, my mind was a mess, it was as if a tornado came and made a huge damage inside my head.

 

I was broken.

 

I watched my reflection at the window glass, my eyes glistening with tears, barely coming out just yet. Just then, an image of a man flashed by the window. There he was, the love of my life. 

 

Baekhyun. 

 

Just a few days ago, he was there right by my side. His arms wrapped around my waist, holding me as tight as ever, not wanting to let me go. And now, he’s gone. Vanished away from my life just like that.

 

He let me go.


 

I noticed my eyes glistened with water even more, my heart tightens the more I thought of him. I closed my eyes with my fingers clenched, all the memories flashing into my head, one after another. 


 


 

“Can you just tell me where we’re going to like any normal people. You don’t have to blindfold me like this!” I whined at Baekhyun, who was dragging me somewhere I had no idea where.

 

I could hear him chuckling and I mentally rolled my eyes. “Relax princess, I’m sure you’d love this.”

 

We walked for a bit, with him guiding me on my steps and preventing me from falling. His arms were around my waist fully supporting me and I felt myself melting at his gentleman act.

 

“Okay, wait here.” He let go of me slowly instructing me to stay still. I sighed before nodding. Not knowing what was happening in front of me but I heard ruckus and clanging of what I thought was utensils.

 

I felt a gush of wind pass through me swiftly as I then realized it was Baekhyun walking around doing something I had no idea what. After a while, he finally breathes out. “Okay princess, you can open your blindfold now.” 

 

Opening my blindfold, I gape at the scenery. We were nearby a lake, and there weren't that many people there. I looked down to see what Baekhyun had been doing this whole time and I immediately shook my head in disbelief, the corner of my lips curling upwards. 

 

There was a mat laid across the grass, a box of fruits and sandwich in which I assume he made it, was placed very organized. I stared at him with my mouth gaping, he made a face and smiled back.

 

“So.. do you like it? I just thought it’d be nice to have a picnic here.” He raised his eyebrows. Instead of answering him, I walked closer to him and wrapped my hands around his neck and gave him a soft peck on his cheek. “I love it.”

 

 

 

“This is so beautiful, Baek.” 

 

We were both lying down, my head on his chest. I can feel my head moving along his breathing pattern, up and down, slowly. 

 

“I know.” he chuckled softly his chest heaving up and down faster. I stared up at the sky when suddenly an idea struck into my head. What will it be like to have a future together?

 

“Baek” I called him softly. He hummed, his chest vibrating gently. “Have you ever consider what will happen in the future?” 

 

“Huh?” That question caught him off guard slightly. “Uh, I never actually really consider that.” There was an uneasy tone in his voice. But I couldn’t care less. He didn’t even consider our future together, for sure he’d thought we wouldn’t last long.

 

Baekhyun noticed the frown on my face. “Hey” he called out yet there was no response. “Hey princess.” He called out again.

 

He then sat up straight which caused me to get up too. He cupped my face with his hands and look into my eyes in which I avoided it. “Princess, hey look at me.”

 

He tilted my head up and I was forced to look at him in the eyes. “Princess, if you think I’m not considering you for the future then you are wrong.” He cooed at me, my cheeks gently with his thumb.

 

“I just want to make sure we are happy right now, and we are. I always wanted to have a future with you, sweetheart, always.” He repeated. “In fact, I can’t wait to finally have a family together. And nothing is going to change that, I promise.”

 

I offered him my pinky, “promise?” He brought his pinky and interlocked it with mine, kissing my hand lightly. He then sealed a kiss on my forehead before pressing our foreheads together, “I promise.”

 


 

My fingers unconsciously held my right pinky, where I made that pinky promise with him that day. I sighed dejectedly, he’s no longer here with me and it’s too late to change everything. 

 

If only I had cherished those moments together, how stupid was I to think it’d last forever. How dense was I to live in a fairytale world where every story ends with a happy ending with their very own prince charming.

 

Now that my prince charming is gone, I guess I’ll never have my very own happy ending.

 

I stared intently out the window when suddenly a drop of water trickled down the window. I traced my hands on the drop of water, watching it slide down and onto the ground. Soon more droplets of water came down pouring as I felt the car driving further away from my previous home where I had many memories with him.

 

 

 


 

Today I had decided to surprise Baekhyun by visiting his house to cook dinner. It wasn’t that much of a special event but I thought this would be a great memory we’d spend with each other together. Entering his house with a spare key I had quietly, I slipped off my shoes and headed to the living room only to find it empty. I looked around the house to see that there was no one around.

 

I started to panic slightly thinking where he might’ve been but my thoughts quickly vanished when I heard the sound of water. I smiled softly at myself, knowing that he was taking a shower.

 

I tidied up the pillows on the sofa and cleaned the coffee table, before entering the kitchen to start cooking. I didn’t know how long I was cooking as I was too focused on cutting the ingredients when I felt a pair of arms s around my waist. 

 

“Princess, why are you here?” His husky voice had the back of my hair on my neck to stood up straight. It’s crazy how much he affected me with even a single gesture. I turned my head to him and pecked him on the lips before answering, “I’m here to make you dinner, Baek.”

 

His arms around me tightened and he nuzzled his head into my neck making me squirm slightly. “Thank you, princess.” He continued to nuzzle his head further, “B-baek, stop it’s tickling me!” I managed to speak in between my chuckles.

 

He playfully snuggled more before stopping. I waited for a while thinking he would let go of me but he didn’t. “Baek, can you please let go of me? I need to cook here.” I requested, peeling his hands off from me. But instead, he only whined childishly and tightened his hold. “I don’t want to. I want to watch you cook.”

 

After a few minutes of frying the meat and with Baekhyun hugging me tightly I finally finished cooking. But as I was cooking I felt as if the weight around me starts to get heavier, it was as if Baekhyun wasn’t holding himself up completely. I glanced at him and saw that his eyelids were drooping. I cupped his face and spun around to face him, “What’s wrong Baek?” 

 

I watched as his eyelids flutter open tiredly and only shook his head. “I’m fine, princess.” He peeked behind me to see that the food was ready, “Come on, let’s just eat.”

 

Though I was suspicious of his actions, but still I complied and went to sit down in one of his dining chairs.

 

 

 


We sat down facing each other and we began eating, well I begin eating to be exact. I looked up to see that he was only watching me eat with a soft smile. I crinkled my eyebrows questioningly, “Why, what’s wrong? Is there something on my face?” I brought my hands to my face finding for any piece of rice or dirt but there was none.

 

“No there isn’t princess.” He answered still watching me this whole time. “Then what’s wrong? Why aren’t you eating? Did you not like the food I cook?”

 

He immediately shook his head and continues to watch me, “No, I just love watching you eat. It’s cute.” As if immediately, I felt my cheeks heated up yet again. I cleared my throat. “Eat Baek, I’ve made this for you.”

 

Baekhyun smiled at me before nodding his head. “Okay.” He silently picked up his fork with his right hand. I continued eating not noticing anything when I heard a groan and a clang when the fork fell onto the table coming right after. I looked up to see Baekhyun looking like as if he was in pain. 

 

I gasped, putting my utensils down and went next to him, ‘Baek are you okay? What’s wrong?” Expecting for an answer of something, instead, he only shook his head in reassurance and gave out a painful smile, “I’m just.. tired. I’ll be fine.” Not understanding exac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter