[ lalisa.manoban ]

through colored seasons

The sun burned at her skin, trails of sweat rolled down the side of her head and Lisa wiped a hand at her forehead, cursing at the heat as she waited at the park bench.

Where the hell was that Kim Yerim?!

"Lisa oppa!" A voice panted and Lisa turned to see the awaited person, carrying two cones of ice cream on both hands. A chocolate and a vanilla one. 

Yerim grinned. "Here! I'm sorry I'm late."

Lisa flashed her a smirk. The younger girl knew exactly how to appease her. She accepted the chocolate one and Lisa smiled the sight of her favorite ice cream. Hers and Jisoo's actually.

"What's with that lovesick look?" Yerim huffed, sitting next to her, "Ugh Lisa oppa, you're with me stop thinking about Jisoo!"

Lisa gives her a dirty look.

"Yah you brat. Stop calling me oppa and Jisoo's your unnie, mind your honorifics."

With a roll of her eyes, Yerim grunted in response. She angrily bit on her ice cream and it wasn't long before the younger girl groaned in agony as she started to have a brain freeze.

" ." Yerim cursed as Lisa only laughed at her predicament.

"Must be karma ." She said, earning a slap on the back from the younger girl to which Lisa responded by shoving Yerim off the bench.

Yerim pouted, "You're so mean!"

"Well, the nicer roles of friends are taken." Lisa gives an infuriating smile, "And you were the who asked to hang out with me."

Knowing Lisa was right, Yerim sighed. 

 

"Fine. But please stop thinking about Kim Jisoo, we're trying to date remember?"

 

Right. Trying. And Lisa likes Yerim, don't get her wrong, but her heart had always belonged to Jisoo. And Jisoo can't keep it.

Can't. Not ever won't. Contrary to what everyone believes, Jisoo did not reject her because the feelings weren't mutual. Jisoo never ever rejected her actually.

Sweat trails down the back of her neck and Lisa bites down on her own chocolate ice cream as her mind wandered again. She wished her feelings for the older girl would fade away sooner.

 

 

...

 

 

Her laugh was melodic, Lisa thinks. She could listen to it all day and it could be the only sound she'd never get tired of. Rosé's dramatics may be kind of influencing her but with Jisoo, Lisa didn't care.

Jisoo was laughing as she scrolled through her phone, probably searching some memes, their legs entangled with each other as they sat on the living room's couch. Lisa had barged into Jisoo's house without consent and despite their four-way best friend relationship with Rosé and Jennie, Lisa was the only ever person Jisoo allows to come uninvited.

And Lisa wouldn't deny it. She felt ing special. Except Jisoo's attention is not her at the moment.

"Ah unnie, stop looking at your phone, I'm right beside you," Lisa whined, lightly poking Jisoo's side with her feet.

Jisoo visibly flinched, a small gasp escaping her lips and Lisa immediately shot up, disentangling their legs as her eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"Take it off." The younger girl almost barked.

Jisoo protested, "Lisa, I'm fine. I was just startled."

"Take your ing shirt off."

With a sigh, Jisoo hesitantly raised up her shirt and an angry growl came out of Lisa's throat. Fist clenched, she stood up and scanned the room for a certain someone.

Jisoo stood up and forced her to sit back down. "She's not here, Lisa. And I'm fine. It's just a bruise."

"So being side kicked by your stepmother is your definition of fine?"

"Lisa—"

Lisa slapped Jisoo's hands away. "No, unnie. Tell me, what is it this time?"

"What are you talk—" "It's about me isn't it."

Jisoo flinched again and Lisa gritted her teeth in fury. that homophobic ty stepmother. And her father too for leaving Jisoo in that 's care. If only Lisa had a stable life herself she'd ing free Jisoo.

"I'm sorry." Jisoo chokes out, "I'm sorry if I can't make our relationship public." 

Lisa shakes her head, pulling the older girl into a comforting hug. Jisoo doesn't owe her an apology. She was almost perfect and Lisa loved her with all of her heart but if their relationship was going to break Jisoo then Lisa doesn't want it. 

Lisa wasn't rich and she gets into fights every now and then and she can't offer Jisoo anything but her love and even though Jisoo says it's enough, Lisa knows it's not. Because Jisoo didn't need a burden in her life and that's what she all was. So she lets go.

"I'm sorry too, Jisoo." Lisa breathes, pulling away to look at the older girl's crying form before giving her a chaste kiss. Pulling her in for one last kiss, salty and sweet as tears mingled with their lips. Lisa needs to let her go.

"Lisa, what's wrong?"

Jisoo needs a savior and Lisa can never be that. 

And in order for her to find the one, Lisa needs to let Jisoo go.

"I'm breaking up with you."

And Lisa does exactly that.

 

 

...

 

 

"You spaced out again!" Yerim's whining broke her thoughts and Lisa shook her head in amusement.

Yerim was trying her best, she knows. And the younger girl had a good point after all. Jisoo had moved on, Lisa thinks. The girl was already able to look at her in the eye. Lisa broke up with her, it wouldn't be fair to Jisoo if she keeps on clinging to her feelings.

"Seriously Lalisa, I will leave if you keep on doing this ."

Lisa perks up and her eyes met with Yerim's. Serious and determined for the first time in a whole while and somehow Lisa finds this Kim Yerim attractive.

A gleam crawled its way up Lisa's eyes and she let her ice cream melt as she leaned forward, inching closer to Yerim's face.

"Oooh, so you're being bossy now?" Lisa cooed, her infuriating smirk finally back on with her smug face.

Yerim shoots her a dirty look, leaning away with a scrunched up look as if she was disgusted, playing quite hard to get. Though Lisa knows the girl is genuinely mad at her now, she couldn't help but want to a bit more.

Standing up, Lisa throws her chocolate ice cream into the trash bin just beside the bench. She turns back at Yerim, scanning the frowning girl up and down before flashing a grin.

Lisa offers a hand, "Let's see what you got."