Life is a Box of Chocolates

134
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Let's do this Kim Jisoo. Fighting!" Jisoo pumped her two fists in the air and practiced a determined face infornt of the mirror. She flattened some creases on her long sleeves, checked her teeth and when all is well, she ended it with a dab. She marched out of her apartment and let her mind wander aimlessly.

It has been three months since the semester started and today marks an important date. It is now or never. Do or die. October seven marked the day for her manuscript defense.Her fingers reached for the document inside her bag and slightly ruffled the pages. She is beyond nervous but is also aware that she should be headstrong. Jisoo set her mind that she'll ace it and she trusts herself that she will.

She's in her last year in college and she needs to produce a film as a requirement. All film seniors know that the approval of manuscript is the first step in finishing the degree.

Her legs rushed to the university stairs and found her group mates waiting outside the defense room. Jaebum and Rose are in slightly panic.

"How is it so far?" Jisoo whispered.

"It's good. We gave them breakfast", Jaebum replied.

Jisoo observed her group mates- Rose is turning pale in fear while Jaebum is being jumpy. She is as nervous as the two but she's fully aware that succumbing to it will not do any good. With that, Jisoo gathered the team and prayed. They held hands as they wait for the panel to call their names.

"Is this your final manuscript?" Mr. Hong, a panelist asked. . His voice is low and cold and it made them sweat feverishly.

"Y-yes sir," Rose voiced out. She's the scriptwriter and she made sure to proofread the manuscript carefully. The room fell silent and it felt like the longest three seconds in their lives. Mr. Hong suddenly clapped.

"Brilliant!"

Jisoo, Jaebum and Rose looked at each others with widened eyes. Jaebum whispered “daebak “while Jisoo gave Rose two thumbs up. Their anxiety was replaced by elation. And because they became more relaxed, they were able to answer the questions with ease.

"I only have one problem with your presentation," Mr. Baek uttered.

The group waited for his words.

"The shooting place. Are you sure about it?"

"Yes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter