Sudden Confessions [Edited]

134
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"I thought today is your anniversary," Mark said before occupying the space beside Jennie. They are at the Wellington Railway Station and is waiting for the train that will take them to Lower Hutt, Jennie’s hometown.

Jennie nodded briefly. Today marks the first year of her relationship with Park Jinyoung. She imagined it to be festive but her reality is nowhere near it. She spent minutes of video call with Jinyoung then dropped it to eat breakfast. She’s disappointed, yes, but distance is an enemy that is hard to defeat.

"Yeah, he called me a while ago."

"That's it?"

"Hey, I'm just glad he didn't forget. And besides, what can we do with the distance?”

Mark faked comprehension. She patted Jennie's hair lightly before bombarding her with inquiries.

"If you say so but where are we going?"

" To the thing I left behind in New Zealand."

"What?"

"Who. My father."

------

Jisoo was beyond shocked to see Jinyoung standing before her. She just woke up and looked like an adorable mess. Her hair is sticking everywhere and traces of drool are evident on her face. She immediately erased it and fixed her hair in a desperate attempt of improving her appearance.

Jinyoung smiled secretly at her cuteness. His finger reached for the side of her eyes and gently removed a crust of her morning glory.

"Why are you here so early?"

"1 PM is not early Kim Jisoo-ssi." Jisoo looked over the wall clock and saw that Jinyoung is telling the truth. Her palm automatically slapped her forehead. She reviewed the filmed shots the night before and completely lost track of time.

"Get ready, we're going somewhere."

"Huh? Where?"

"Stop asking questions that I will never answer. Ppali Jisoo-a."

---

"You woke me up to go here?!!!"

Jinyoung laughed hysterically at her response. He opened the door of the cafe and gestured her to go inside.

"What's your order?"

Jisoo didn't reply, instead she shoot daggers at him. Jinyoung was left unfazed and looked directly at her eyes. Jisoo flinched and ended the eye contact. She stated her order and Jinyoung gladly obliged. He came back minutes later, armed with two cups of Americano.

"Jinyoung-a , I saw it in Facebook. Today is your first anniversary with Jennie-ssi, isn't it?"

Jinyoung nodded while sipping his coffee. His gaze averted on Jisoo and for a second, he thought that he saw sadness in her eyes.

"Is that why you brought me here? Because you're sad?" Jisoo uttered slowly. Jinyoung looked at her in bewilderment.

"Where did you get that idea?"

"Well, it makes sense. It is your first anniversary which is supposed to be special but your girlfriend is away so in order to be happy, you'll go out with your humorous friend who happened-"

"That's not it Jisoo-a."

"Then what is?"

"I just want to be with you "

Jisoo stared at him. Her heart is thumping and she doesn't like it. He's in a relationship and her feelings will never be valid.

"You shouldn't tell that to anyone except me. That person might misinterpret," she laughed bitterly. Something pierced in her heart.

You're years late Jisoo, don't think about it as something else.

Jinyoung's gaze turned heavier. He badly wanted to confess. To tell her he meant what he meant but the timing is not good. Not in a day that was supposed to be special for Jennie. Not in a day that Jisoo would not believe him.

He bowed his head.

"Tell me about her," Jisoo uttered.

----

The train stopped and Mark read the sign, “Lower Hutt”.

"Here we are! Let's go Mark," Jennie exclaimed while pulling his arm.

Jennie’s hometown is only minutes away from Wellington and is surrounded with mountain and green fields. Mark stared in awe and gawked openly. Jennie chuckled.

"First time to see nature?" Jennie asked playfully.

"Staying in a place like Seoul, yes."

"I know what you mean. This is actually the best part of being in New Zealand. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter