Christmas

134
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Christmas in Seoul is nowhere different from Busan. A mix of red and greens are everywhere along with the merry tunes of the celebration. Gigantic Santa statues adorn the parks and a number of men dressed up as the old man entertained the kids.

Jaebum and Youngjae exited the variety shop and headed straight to the apartment, carrying a bag full of ingredients for their Christmas dinner.

Rose and Jisoo are busy decorating the Christmas tree while Jinyoung is hanging the Christmas lights. It is December 24 and they decided to spend the holiday together. They rushed over the preparations, hoping that they can win over time. Jisoo tried putting the star at the top of the tree but she can’t reach it.

She leaned over Rose. "Uri dongsaengi, can you tell Jinyoung to put this star at the top?"
"Why don't you tell him yourself, eonnie?" Jisoo looked at Jinyoung who was already gazing at her. He sighed deeply before snatching the star and putting it atop wordlessly. 
"Jisoo-a, na-" Jinyoung was cut when Jisoo suddenly sprinted towards the restroom. He sighed again and kicked a gift box in annoyance.

Rose and Jaebum exchanged glances. It has been three days since Jisoo started acting weirdly around Jinyoung. The guy tried to talk to her multiple tines but she just keeps on running away. They tried asking Jinyoung about their problem but he  just smiled and remained quiet.

The latter started grunting in frustration when a Skype call interrupted his tantrums. It was Jennie and her next words silenced him.
"Oppa, I'm home."
-----

Jisoo is fidgety the whole day. They finished decorating and were preparing the food but her eyes stayed alert on the door. Jinyoung left early and is still outside. She checked her wristwatch. It's already 6 PM. 7 hours already passed and he's still away. 

"Jisoo-a, can you please pass the salt?"

She stretched her arms but Jaebum hit it harshly. 

"Ouch!"

"Are you trying to kill us? That's sugar!"

"O-oh, I'm sorry."

"Eonnie, I'll help them. You can take a rest first." Rose uttered while patting her left shoulder. Jisoo's phone beeped with a new notification and she made her way out of the kitchen.

She checked her phone and it was a message from Jennie. Her heart missed a beat and a lump formed in .

Jisoo-ssi, can you kindly meet me in Holly's at 7PM? I have something to tell you.

You're in Korea? Jisoo replied.

Majayo.

Since when?

I'll tell you later. See you!^^

Jisoo changed into her casual clothes and hit the road after bidding goodbye to the trio. She excused herself to meet a friend. The three nodded despite the fact that they know that Jisoo has no friends in Seoul except from them.

She rode the bus and entered Holly's at exactly 7 PM. Her first sight was Jennie's back and Jisoo's heart beat pulsed frantically. Guilt washed over her for liking someone else's boyfriend. She felt disgusted with herself.

"J-jennie-ssi," Jisoo greeted before sitting in front of her. Jennie's physique

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter