Ch.5 ~Finale~

Secrets of the Dead

Ch.5

~Finale~


~Last time~

 

'I'll tell you that first question later and second, I want to see him rotting in a jail cell not just sitting in an interrogation room.' she said, making me glare at her before I got out.

 

I knocked on the door and was surprised when Miri opened it.


~Now~

 

“Oh, Officer Lee...please come in.” Miri said, moving to the side.

 

“Where is Lia?” I asked, looking around the house.

 

“She'll be down in a second.” she said, moving to sit on the couch and motioned for me to sit as well.

 

After an awkward silence, Lia finally walked into the room.

 

“Ah. Your ex-boyfriend has been caught and is being confined. Another unit will be handling his arrest and court, but I can assure you he is going to jail for killing your sister.” I said, standing up when she fully entered.

 

“My boyfriend?” Lia asked, looking shocked.

 

“I knew since I first came here that you were Lia and Hailey was the one who passed away. Miri wasn't really quiet in the kitchen when she yelled at you. I decided it was best to keep quiet about knowing in order to keep you safe.” I said, watching as she seemed to have a mental breakdown.

 

“Am I safe? Am I really safe from him?” she asked, moving to sit next to Miri.

 

“Yes. We will do everything we can to make sure he never gets out.” I said, nodding my head.

 

She took a deep breath before releasing it and leaned into Miri.

 

“Does that mean we can finally bury Hailey?” Miri asked, holding onto Lia.

 

“Yes, but if it's okay with Lia..I'd like to talk to her alone just for a minute.” I said, scratching the back of my neck.

 

“Yeah sure.” Lia said, standing up.

 

“I'll be in your room.” Miri said, getting off the couch and heading up the stairs.

 

“Is there something wrong?” Lia asked, looking at me confused.

 

“This is going to sound weird...Hailey has been talking to me. I thought I was loosing my mind at first, but she is the one who confirmed her identity before I heard Miri yell at you. She told me she was mad that I didn't remember you guys...” I said, still holding onto the back of my neck.

 

“You're joking right? A ghost....my sister's ghost is talking to you? I don't know you at all.” Lia said, her voice raising as well as the temperature.

 

'Ask her if she remembers a small boy in our dancing class when we were younger.' Hailey said, making me jump.

 

“She's asking if you remember a small boy in your dance class.” I said, not looking up at Lia.

 

“Yes...wait....how did you know about that?” she asked, looking around the room frantically.

 

“I can't see her, only hear. She's asking if you remember his name or the nickname you gave him.” I said, finally looking up.

 

“Jihoon. I can't remember his nickname though.” she said, looking up at me as well.

 

'We called you pixie. You was always wearing pink and you danced so gracefully. She would never stop talking about you after class.' Hailey said, a laugh in her voice.

 

“She said you used to call him pixie because he was always wearing pink and he danced so gracefully. She said you would never stop talking about him after class.” I said, slowly remembering them as well.

 

“I remember. He was always so quiet. His parents pulled him from the class because they didn't like him dancing. I heard his mom say she wanted him to be strong and act like a man....be a police officer like his dad.” she said, making me quickly look around the room.

 

“Now I know what she meant. I don't think I ever told you my full name and yet..she knew it. My name is Lee Jihoon. How did you even remember me?” I asked, staring directly at Lia.

 

'You start to remember a lot of stuff after you die. I guess that's why I stuck to you as soon as you entered the crime scene. Tell her i'll be watching out for her.' Hailey said, sniffling like she was trying not to cry.

 

“She's saying goodbye. I thought you were going to stay until you knew he was put away for good?” I asked, looking in the general direction of her voice.

 

“I know she'll be safe with you. I'll be watching over both of you.” Hailey said, her outline starting to show until she was full standing in front of Lia and I.

 

“I'll make sure she stays safe.” I said, smiling down at Lia.

 

“Tell Miri I said goodbye as well, even if she doesn't believe you...at least I got to say goodbye.” Hailey said, smile at me as she slowly faded away.

 

“I will. We'll meet again some day.” I said, waving at her.

 

“Hopefully a lot of years from now. Tell her to have a good life and to stay away from crazy ex-boyfriends.” Hailey said, turning towards her sister and smiling before she completely faded away.

 

“She's gone....” I said, staring at the place she used to be.

 

Lia ran into my chest crying.

 

“What else did she tell you?” Lia asked, glancing up at me.

 

“She said to have a good life and stay away from crazy ex-boyfriends. She also said to tell Miri she said goodbye.” I said, smiling when I heard her laugh.

 

“Still looking after us even in death.” Lia said, still not moving away from me.

 

“Am I interrupting something?” Miri asked, walking down the stairs with a raised eyebrow.

 

“I'll tell you later.” Lia said, smiling at Miri before moving away from me.

 

“I should get back to the office.” I said, moving even farther away from Lia.

 

“You have my number if you need to call me.” Lia said, standing next to a grinning Miri.

 

I nodded before leaving the house and it obviously wasn't my last time there. After her ex-boyfriend was sentenced to life for the murder of Hailey, she asked me out on a date and those dates just kept happening over the next four years. HyunAe and Joshua got married in California while the rest of us stuck to dating for a while longer. I never thought talking to a ghost would bring me one step closer to my soul-mate, but i'm glad Hailey brought us together and even though she's gone, she'll never be forgotten.


…........WHOOOOOOOOOOO THE ENDING WAS CHEESY, BUT IT HAD TO BE THERE! THAT'S IT FOR THIS STORY GUYS AND I'M SORRY IT WAS SHORT! I hope you all liked it and if you did please check out my other stories <3 Goodbye, until next time :)