Ch.1

Secrets of the Dead

Ch.1


~Jihoon P.O.V~

 

It was early on a Monday morning and here I was walking into a meeting. I grabbed some coffee and sat down to wait for my squad and our director.

 

“What do you think happened?” Joshua asked, looking at me as he moved around the room to grab a cup as well.

 

“Any news of a bank robbery?” Jeonghan asked, smiling when he walked into the room.

 

“Not that I know of. It's only eight in the morning.” I mumbled, holding my coffee cup close to me.

 

“The director is coming.” Seungkwan said, walking in with Seokmin following behind.

 

'Great.' I said, sitting up properly in my chair.

 

“I know we only call on you guys for complicated cases, but we are running low on police officers. Everyone seems to be loosing their minds lately.” the director said, coming into the room and closing the door behind him.

 

“There are two other squads though. Why my squad?” I asked, taking a sip from my coffee.

 

“You are the only one with five members. The murder of a young girl happened. We need you to go to the scene. The on-duty officers can only be there for so long.” he replied, sitting back in his chair.

 

“I thought we were on-duty officers.” Seungkwan said, making a pouting face at the director.

 

“You know what I meant Boo. You guys better get going.” the director said, not moving from his spot.

 

“I'm really not going to like today.” I said, heading towards my office to get my necessary things.

 

“We'll meet you there boss.” Jeonghan said, waving as him and Joshua left the building.

 

I grabbed my stuff quickly before heading to the scene.

 

“Why are there so many people?” Seokmin asked, jumping out of the car.

 

“Ever had the urge to see what a dead body looks like?” Jeonghan asked, raising his eyebrow.

 

“You are aware of the job I have right?” Seokmin sassed back, not turning to look at him.

 

“Joshua, go find out if there are any witnesses. If none of those people are then tell them to leave. We've got work to do.” I said, walking past the yellow tape.

 

I glanced around the scene wondering how someone managed to kill a blonde girl in the middle of the city.

 

“Doesn't seem very logical does it?” Jeonghan asked, walking up behind me.

 

“Not logical at all. Must have been personal if the person who did this knew where she would be.” I said, kneeling next to the body of the girl.

 

“She was beaten to death, that's for sure.” Jeonghan said, pointing to the multiple lacerations and stab wounds on the girl.

 

“Find me a TOD. Seungkwan, Seokmin, try to find a knife or anything that can be used as a knife.” I said, standing up and heading towards Joshua and the crowd of people.

 

“None of them are witnesses, but a lot of them do come through this way for work. I'm letting them leave slowly. Checking to see if any of them are covered in blood.” Joshua said, moving to my side.

 

“Good idea. That poor girl got pretty messed up.” I said, crossing my hands over my chest.

 

“Seungcheol would have loved this case.” Jeonghan said, walking towards us while taking off his gloves.

 

“I'm sure he would. Got a TOD?” I asked, looking over at him.

 

“Body temp is cold and rigor has already set in. I'd say it's been at least five to six hours.” Jeonghan said, looking up at the sky.

 

“Let's hope she put up a fight. Have any of you seen Seungkwan or Seokmin?” Joshua asked, looking around the area.

 

“They must be looking high and low for the murder weapon.” I said, scratching the back of my neck.

 

“Let's go back to the girl.” Jeonghan said, nodding his head in her direction.

 

Jeonghan, Joshua and I walked over to where the girl was laying and looked around the area.

 

“This is hardly a good place to kill someone.” Seungkwan said, walking towards us from behind.

 

“Find anything?” I asked, looking at him.

 

“Seokmin did. The thing is covered in blood.” Seungkwan said, pointing at Seokmin.

 

Seokmin was examining a kitchen knife before he put it in a bag and wrote a label on it.

 

“Should get ready to head back to the building. Do an autopsy to find out who this girl is and find her family.” Jeonghan said, looking down at the girl.

 

“I'll go get the van.” Seungkwan said, walking away from the girl.

 

“He really doesn't like seeing dead people.” Seokmin said, walking towards us.

 

“Does anyone?” I asked, looking up at him.

 

“I don't know. I hear some people get off on it.” he said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“Ew. Wait...why is there dirt all over the place?” Jeonghan asked, pointing at the ground.

 

“She's been moved.” I said, looking at a dirt pile next to the victims arm.

 

“This girl must have really pissed someone off.” Seokmin said, walking away as Seungkwan pulled up with the van.

 

“How old do you think she is?” Joshua asked, looking at the girl laying on the ground.

 

I looked around before looking at the girl when something caught my attention. There was a faint '21' written in the dirt next to her body.

 

'Was that there earlier?' I asked myself before shrugging.

 

"I'm gonna guess she's twenty one." I said, shrugging my shoulders again.

 

"Nahh...she looks around fifteen." Joshua said, walking away from the area.

 

It got very cold for a few seconds before the temperature returned to normal.

 

"Since you seem to want to talk even after death, can you tell me who did this?" I asked, testing the waters.

 

I waited for a second before looking down where the '21' was written before. Kneeling down to look close, the words had changed.

 

"Ex boyfriend? Why am I not surprised." I mumbled, standing up from where I was.

 

"Everything okay?" Jeonghan asked, coming over to me.

 

"Yeah. Just checking for any evidence. Any idea on who she is?" I asked, dusting the dirt from my gloves.

 

"Nothing yet, but I'll get back to you." Jeonghan said, walking away.

 

"Pretty sure I'm loosing my mind." I said, cracking my fingers and neck.

 

I look at the ground hearing the dirt shift.

 

'No you're not.'

 

'What the hell is going on?” I thought, looking around the area.


….....It's not much to go on, but I have a weird story line planned and I hope you all like it :) Bye bye for now <3