Ch.4

Secrets of the Dead

Ch.4


~Last time~

 

“I could have.” he said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“Let's go meet this guy.” I said, ready to go home and deal with my massive headache.


~Now~

 

I knocked on the door and after not getting an answer we broke down the door. We searched the whole house before coming up blank.

 

“He's not home.” Seungkwan said, making us all stare at him.

 

“Obviously.” Seokmin said, keeping a straight face even though he wanted to whack Seungkwan.

 

'I know where he is, but if you want to make it look legit look at the pictures on his table.' Hailey said, making me jump.

 

“You okay?” Jeonghan asked, looking at me with concern.

 

“Yeah. Just got really cold. Let's look around the house, see if we can find any clue as to where he is.” said, putting a glove on before staring to pick things up.

 

'He's hiding at an abandoned house not far from here. We all used to hang out there during high school, when Lia and him were still together. There is a picture of us all over there.' she said, a breeze going in the direction of the living room.

 

I followed the wind and found a bunch of pictures scattered on a table.

 

“Guys, I think I found something.” I said, picking up the picture with my gloved hand.

 

“A bunch of pictures? Ohh....i get it....he'd probably hide out somewhere that meant a lot to him.” Seungkwan said, making me nod my head.

 

“Yeah. Does anyone know where this is?” I asked, showing them the only picture that looked like there was an abandoned house in the background.

 

“That place has been abandoned for years. Teenagers love to go their to drink and hang out. HyunAe showed me it once.” Joshua said, taking the picture from my hand.

 

“It looks like they all used to hang out there. Even Miri is in the picture.” I said, pointing at the girl I met earlier today.

 

“Let's go before the sun goes down.” Jeonghan said, pretty much already out the front door.

 

We all left the house and I let Joshua drive this time since I had no idea where this house was located.

 

'This place is pretty dark. Be careful.' Hailey warned, making me nod my head slowly.

 

“Do you really think he'll be there?” Joshua asked, making me turn towards him.

 

'He is.' Hailey said, making me laugh.

 

“I'm pretty sure he'll be there.” I said, shrugging my shoulders.

 

“Why did you laugh?” Joshua asked, looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

 

“No reason. I'll just be glad when this case is over.” I said, groaning when I felt wind push passed me.

 

'You think i'm gonna leave after you catch my killer? No way in hell.' Hailey said, making me glare into the back seat.

 

I had to keep myself from asked her 'why the hell not'.

 

“Why are you glaring at the back seats?” Joshua asked, making me quickly turn around.

 

“Just making sure the others are still behind us.” I mumbled, glaring at the windshield now instead.

 

“We are here.” he said, looking out towards the house coming into view.

 

“Looks creepy.” I said, noticing a dim light in one of the rooms.

 

“Let's take him in.” Joshua said, parking the car and getting out.

 

'He has a gun. Be careful.' Hailey said, her voice filled with urgency.

 

“Take it slow. We don't know if he's armed.” I said, pulling my gun out from it's case.

 

'Yes you do...I just told you. Really Jihoon...' Hailey said, sounding like she was shaking her head at me.

 

'How does this ghost even know my name?' I asked myself, trying to remember if I said it out loud.

 

I shook my head and focused on the task at hand.

 

“We go in, take him down and bring him in. From there, it's up to JAM on if he gets thrown in jail.” Seungkwan said, coming up behind Joshua and I.

 

“Let's get this over with. This place is creepy.” I said, heading straight for the door.

 

The door was wide open so it was easy for us to step in quietly. I pointed up the stairs where I saw the light and led them up slowly before we busted in.

 

“FREEZE! PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!” I yelled, the guy already standing with his gun pointed at me.

 

He quickly glanced between the five of us before he slowly put the gun down and raised his hands. Seokmin quickly cuffed him before we headed down to the station.

 

“Jeonghan, see someone about locking this place up for good.” I said, not liking the way the place felt.

 

“Sure.” he said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“Let's hand him over to JAM.” Seungkwan said, trying not to laugh.

 

“YAH! We told you it means something.”Soonyoung said, walking up to us as we walked through the doors.

 

“Seokmin paged you?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Yeah. Told me you already found the guy hiding in an abandoned house.” Soonyoung said, looking at said guy.

 

“Park Min Kyung, you can now deal with the JAM unit.” Seokmin said, handing the guy over to Soonyoung.

 

“Not even I know what it stands for.” Dino said, making all of us grin at Soonyoung as he walked away.

 

“See if Seungcheol and the others want to have dinner later. I have to go.” I said, turning and leaving the station.

 

I had to stop by and tell Lia that she was safe now.

 

'My sister thinks you're cute.' Hailey said, making me jump.

 

“Can you please stop that? You're gonna make me crash.” I said, keeping both of my hands on the wheel.

 

'Well she does and i'm thoroughly unhappy that you don't even remember us.' she said, making me look at the passengers seat.

 

“Remember you? What do you mean by that and why won't you leave now that he's been caught?” I asked, pulling up in front of Lia's house.

 

'I'll tell you that first question later and second, I want to see him rotting in a jail cell not just sitting in an interrogation room.' she said, making me glare at her before I got out.

 

I knocked on the door and was surprised when Miri opened it.


….........ayo.....one chapter left :D I hope you guys are enjoying the story and I hope you read my other if you like this one :D Baibai for now <3