[GOT7's JB] How Do You Know When You Love Someone?

K-POP FANTASIES: My Oneshots/Scenarios Collection Part 2

Genre: Fluff (3318 words)


You were on your way back home from school when someone suddenly called out to you. "Hey Y/N!" You turned around to see Jb, your old classmate from high school, biking towards you.

"Ohh uhh hey!" You said awkwardly as you put away your phone which you were preoccupied with.

Jb stopped his bike in front of you and gave you a dazzling bright smile. "How have you been?"

Seeing his eye smile and bright smile again, made your heart race. How could anyone look so beautiful when they smiled? It's been quite a while since you last saw Jb, but the warm feeling you always got whenever you were with him was still there.

Jb titled his head, waiting for a response. "Uhhh hello~?"

You snapped yourself out of it and slightly blushed. How could you be daydreaming about him right in front of him? "Oh sorry!! I've...I've been good. Just really busy with school and you know all that stuff."

Jb nodded in understanding. "School's a pain but is necessary. Don't overstress about it too much though."

You nodded. "I'll try. How about you? How have you been doing?"

Jb looked away and you swore you saw him slightly furrow his eyebrows. He then looked back at you before giving you a smile. A smile that for some reason seemed forced to you. "I'm doing fine as well....My girlfriend and I are having our one year anniversary soon, so I've been planning an event for her."

 Your heart stopped for a moment when you heard him say the word "girlfriend." You actually had a small crush on Jb back in high school. You both only had a few classes together and weren't very close, but you both did ask each other about homework assignments on facebook from time to time. You knew that Jb was out of your league, so you only were able to admire him from afar and be a good classmate to him. Although you wanted to ask Jb more about this "girlfriend" of his, you decided not to since you felt like you weren't close enough to talk about that kind of stuff.

"Ahh I see..."

There was then an awkward silence between the two of you. You played with your fingers and looking away while Jb bit his lip and looked down at the ground. It stayed like that until Jb spoke up once again. "Where are you headed right now?"

 "I'm headed home right now. I just finished my last class for the day." You replied.

"Oh well since it's getting a bit late and it seems to be getting dark, why don't I walk you home? I don't have anywhere that I need to be at right now."

You thought it over. You would feel less uneasy and paranoid if he did walk you home. "Okay, sure!"

So Jb got off his bike and pushed it as he walked along with you. You both talked about the good old days in high school about the stupid teachers, preposterous projects, and about your best mile times.

Somewhere along the way, you thoughts wandered off to the day where you fell for Jb. It was on a day where it said that there was 20% chance of rain. You decided not to bring an umbrella to school because it was a hassle to carry it around. It also was warm outside, so you didn't bring a jacket to wear either. Because of these decisions, there you were standing under a cover at the exit of one of the buildings, looking up at the sky.

 "Hey Y/N! How come you're not going to 5th period?"

It was Jb, he was in the same 5th period class as you. You never really paid much attention to him since he was part of that one popular group that has the looks, brains, talent, and athleticism. Not your kind of crowd.

"I don't have an umbrella and our class is in the next building. Finals are coming soon and I don't want to risk getting sick." You replied.

"I guess we're on the same boat then. I didn't bring an umbrella either. We can't be late to class though...Come on, I've got an idea." He took off his jacket and huddled close to you, hovering his jacket over the two of you. "Let's make a run for it!"

So you both quickly began to walk out in the rain, laughing and screaming at the same time as it began to rain harder. You both then stopped in front of a huge huge puddle. There was no other way around it, and you guys needed to cross it in order to get to class. You looked over to Jb hoping that he would know what to do, but then got flustered but the closeness of you two. He was panting from the run and a few drops of rain rolled down on the sides of his face. It was then when you realized how breathtaking his side profile was. How beautiful his eyes were, how defined and tall the bridge of his nose was, how his smile could brighten even the darkest of days, and his sharp jawline.

"Here, take my jacket. I'll jump across, and help you jump over." Jb said.

"But-" Before you could reject his offer, he already handed over his jacket and made a big leap over the puddle. Although he made it across safely, Jb still was getting drenched by the rain. He then held opened up his arms, ready to grab you just in case you don't make it over.

You took a deep breath and took a few steps back as you charged and jumped with all your might. Jb then caught you before you could fall backward into the puddle. You were too surprised at how far you jumped to realize that you were in his arms.

You both looked at each other and laughed. It was just jumping over a puddle, but you both made it so dramatic. All of a sudden Jb's face grew serious as he stared deeply into your eyes. Your smile faded as you looked back at him, with your heart beating like crazy.

Suddenly your arms and legs that were cold from the rain, suddenly weren't cold anymore. His warm sweet gaze had created a warm feeling inside you.
Nothing much happened after that. You both snapped out of it and went to class together.

Back to the present, you wondered to yourself if that moment meant something to him as it did for you.

Did he spend time reminiscing about it as much as you did? Did he feel a spark in his heart or get butterflies in his stomach?

You both finally reached your home and you thanked Jb for walking you there. "Thanks Jb for accompanying me back home. If you ever need anything, you can come to me." You said.

Jb nodded. "I'll keep that in mind. It was good seeing you again Y/N."

"It was good seeing you too." You waved to him as you unlocked the door and walked inside your house.
Jb made sure that you were safely inside before biking back home with a big smile on his face.

The next day was Friday so you didn't have class. It was noon and you were still sleeping in when the doorbell rang, waking you up.

Who in the world could that be? It probably was the FedEx guy delivering a package someone in your family ordered.

Since you were still in your pj's, you put on a jacket and put the hoodie over your head to hide your bed hair. You checked in the mirror once to make sure you didn't look like a complete mess before opening the door. You rubbed your eyes sleepily. "Yes? Can I help you?"

You were shocked to see who was standing at your door. "Jb? What are you doing here?"

He looked distressed about something with his shoulders slumped over. "Can we talk for a moment?"

So you locked your door and sat on the curb next to Jb. "Is something wrong?" You finally managed to ask after moments of silence.

"How do you know..." Jb began. "How do you know if you're still in love with someone?"

You were taken aback by his question. Was he perhaps having problems with his girlfriend? You weren't sure how to answer him since you haven't been in a legit relationship before. You didn't truly know or experience what real love was like. How could someone who has never been in love be in a position to answer that?

 "Well, what would you say being in love is like?" You asked him.

Jb looked up at the sky and thought about it. "Being in love...it's like the best and the worst thing in the world. You can't help but just think about that one person all the time. That you want them to be always happy and that it makes you happy seeing them happy. That you would do whatever it takes to be the source of their happiness and will always remain by their side no matter what."

"So...does that answer your own question?" You asked.

Jb sighed. "I guess she really has fallen out of love with me..." He then takes out his phone and looks at his wallpaper. It was a picture of him and his girlfriend. "My girlfriend hasn't been the same lately. She's been going out a lot and I'm always the one who tries to plan out our dates even though I'm really busy."

 You weren't sure what exactly you should say, but you knew that you had to at least comfort him. "Hey. Don't be so down. There can still be hope. There could still be a spark in her heart that you just need to catch on fire."

Jb looked at you. "You think so..?"

You nodded. "If you still love her, don't give up on her just yet. For all, you know she could be going through a hard time or something. Find out what it is and be there for her."

Jb then wrapped his arms around you and pulled you into a hug. "Thanks Y/N. I feel a lot better now." And with that, he got up and waved goodbye as he biked away.

You sat there wondering if you should have said those things when you yourself liked Jb. However, after seeing his smiling face with eyes full of hope, you knew you made the right choice.


You decided to meet up your friend for lunch and was having a fun time catching up when suddenly you spotted someone outside the restaurant window. "Is that....JB's girlfriend?"

You watched as his girlfriend got out of the car, wrapping her arms around this man who clearly wasn't Jb. You rubbed your eyes to make sure that you weren't mistaking her for someone else, but it was her indeed. You watched in horror as the pair started making out next to the car. With your shaking hands and without thinking, you took out your phone and took a picture.

What...what do you tell Jb? Could you even tell him about this?

Jb comes by your house again the next day, this time more happy than usual. Unlike him, you were the one who was in distress this time. "Guess what Y/N, I talked to her about it and now we're both happy together again~!"

Jb was so happy. How could you be the one to crush his heart with the bad news? Then again, how could you not let him know the truth?

Jb noticed the distressed look on your face and frowned. "Do you have something to tell me, Y/N? It looks like you're holding something in."

"Jb...I...your girlfriend...she is...cheating on you." You stuttered.

"Umm what?"

"Your girlfriend is cheating on you." You repeated. Feeling even worse the second time.

Jb just stood there in silence, not saying a word or making a sound. You examined his facial expression but couldn't tell how he was feeling.

"I...I don't understand." Jb finally said out loud. "Yesterday you told me to have hope in my relationship but now you're trying to destroy it?"

You shook your head profusely. "That's not it at all! I would never do something like that. I..." You looked at your phone which was in your hand. The picture...I can't. I can't show it to him. Even if he won't believe me, you just can't show it to him.

"I-I think I should just go." Jb said as he walked away, leaving you in despair. After you were sure he was gone, you went back inside your house, flopped onto your bed, and cried.

Many weeks have passed since then and sure enough, Jb hasn't come back or contacted you in any way. You've seen him online a couple times on Facebook and he would always go offline whenever he sees you online.

You comforted yourself by reminding yourself that you did the right thing. Even if you couldn't see his smiling face anymore...it was good to let him know the horrible truth. Soon enough, the semester ended and a new semester was about to begin soon. You applied for a foreign exchange program and will be going to study abroad in Germany.

Today was the day. You packed everything and looked back at your house once more before getting into the shuttle. "Goodbye home~."

During the past weeks, Jb had been thinking about what you told him. He was wary of his girlfriend's actions and even subtly asked her about where she goes when she goes out. Of course, the girlfriend reassures him that there's nothing going on and changes the subject by reminding him of their old good memories together. Things were going fine with them until today when Jb came home from the market.

"I couldn't find some of the ingredients so I just bought a couple things and-." He dropped the grocery bags on the ground when he saw what was going on. His girlfriend on the couch with some other man, both of their hair was messed up and the man with lipstick stains all over his face.

Instead of raging in anger like he normally would have many years ago, Jb bit his lip and stormed out of the house without a word.

"Y/N was right...She was telling me the truth. She warned me and I didn't believe her...And all this time, she was by my side even when I forsaken her...I gotta go see her now."

So he got on his bike and biked as fast as he could to your house. When he reached there, he rang the door bell many times. "Oh sorry, you just missed her. She's at the airport leaving for Germany." Your mom told him.

"Germany??"

Without wasting another minute, Jb called an Uber and made his way toward the airport.

When he finally arrived, he ran to the front desk and asked them about the terminal you would be at. After finding out that you were in terminal 2, he dashed back outside frantically looking around for signs. That's when he felt a drop of water hit his face. Jb then looked up to the cloudy sky as more drops of rain started to fall. He took off his jacket and hovered it over himself as he continued to move.

As he ran, images of that one rainy day in high school flashed through his mind. Your worried look of being late to class before he approached you, your laughter when you both ran in the rain, your bright smile when you jumped over the puddle, and most of all...The look you gave him when you looked back at him that day. Jb felt as if his soul had been touched. That as if his heart had been blessed. As if he felt this strong attraction pulling him to you as if it was God or some powerful force was telling him that you were the one. The one for him.

All of these feelings, he pushed them aside that day. Only because he thought that he couldn't possibly fall in love with someone he barely knew. But now...Jb was having second thoughts.Though his legs were getting tired from running, his thoughts gave him the energy to continue on.
She fit perfectly in my arms that day...Would she still fit perfectly in them today? He had to find out for himself.

Jb finally got to the waiting area and quickly spotted you as you were handing the flight attendants your passport, ready to head inside.

"Y/N WAIT!!!"

With the last bit of power he had in his legs, he ran towards you, threw his jacket aside, and embraced you tightly.

"Jb??" You were so surprised by his drenched appearance and by the fact that he knew where you were.

"I'm so sorry for not believing you...I was blinded. Don't FLY away from me. I need you..."

 Jb continued. "IF YOU DO, I don't know what I'd do...."

You shifted in his embrace. "Jb...."

"I LIKE YOU. Please Y/N, I'm BEGGIN ON MY KNEES. YOU GOT ME. So please FOLLOW ME and TAKE MY HAND."
(~LOLL okay I'll stop with the song references~)

A tear rolled down your cheek as you pulled back from the embrace. You both stared into each other's eyes as you both did before on that one rainy day. Jb smiled and wiped your tear away. "There's something that is way overdue. Something that should have been done years ago..."

And with that, he leaned in and....

"YO JB WHAT UP MY MAN!

You both turned around to see Bambam running towards you guys.

Jb gritted his teeth and tried so hard to resist not punching Bambam in the face. "What are you doing here BAMBAM?"

"My brotha, you're trending all over on Twitter~!! #Jbcalledforanuber #Ihaveneverseenjbrunthisfastbefore #Jbisrunningforthefirsttime."

Bambam then notices you and wiggles his eyebrows. "Well, hello there~."

"That's it." Jb said as he snapped his fingers. "Mark hyung, take him out."

Mark suddenly appears and takes a hold of Bambam's arm. "I got this. You guys continue your moment." You both watched in amusement as Mark dragged a complaining Bambam away.

"Well that was anticlimactic." You said with a chuckle.

"That really should have been done a long time ago." Jb joked, making the both of you burst into laughter.

"Alright, I guess I'll just get goin~." You said as you pretended to start walking away.

Jb grabbed your arm and pulled you back, smirking at you. "Not so fast. You think you could get away from me like that? I don't give up easily on the person I love."
And with that, he held your face with both of his hands and pressed his soft sweet lips against yours.

"What the heck is this? A K-Drama?" A female flight attendant scoffed.

"Nope~. This is a fairytale come true~." A male flight attendant said dreamily as he watched the both of you kiss.

As you and Jb both pulled back, he pressed his forehead against yours. "Wanna know a secret?"

You laughed. "What is it?"

Jb then leaned near your ear and whispered. "I actually had an umbrella that day."

"You sneaky player~." You said as you playfully punched his arm. "Well, I have a secret too."

Jb leaned close to listen and you cupped your hands over his ear so he could hear it clearly. "I love you~."

Jb grinned. "It's not a secret, because I already know you do."

You put your hands on your hips, pretending to be frustrated. "What? Who told you?"

Jb wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you close as he looked lovingly into your eyes. "Your heart did."

 

THE END