[SEVENTEEN's Joshua] Sunday Morning

K-POP FANTASIES: My Oneshots/Scenarios Collection Part 2

Genre: Fluff, With A Tiny Bit Of Religion (~992 words)


It was another Sunday morning at church and you were excited to go to worship service. It's not like you're not always excited about it...but today was special. It was going to be your boyfriend's first time to lead worship. He's been practicing for this moment since last month and today is D-Day.

The worship team was doing mic check, as service didn't start yet. You sat in the front row, and smiled proudly as you watched Joshua tune his guitar. You always thought that he looked the most handsome when playing the guitar~. When he looked up, he met your eyes and waved with a bright smile on his face.

You gave him a double thumbs up and mouthed "Fighting~!!"

Joshua was actually quite nervous, but when he saw you...all his worries went away. When service began, Joshua went down the stage and sat next to you. As the speaker was making announcements, you noticed Joshua biting his lip nervously from the corner of your eye. You took his hand into yours, making him turn his attention to you.

"Nervous?" You whispered to him.

Joshua nodded. "Just a little bit...It's different than performing with SEVENTEEN. I want to do my best without any mistakes since I'm leading the whole congregation to worship God. If my voice cracks, if I forget the lyrics, or if I mess up playing the guitar...it would be so distracting to everyone else."

You gave his hand a tight squeeze and gave him an encouraging smile. "Hey, you got this. You've been practicing for so long. Even if you do mess up, God doesn't care. He loves the fact that you're serving the church with the talents he gave you. You can do it. Just pretend that you're alone. That it's just you and God, and sing to him with all your heart and soul."

Joshua grinned. "I knew I could always count on you for words of affirmation~."

Soon came the prayer before worship started. As you bowed your head and shut your eyes, you felt Joshua get up from his seat to get ready to go up on stage. He gave a soft kiss on the back of your hand before leaving your side and heading up to the stage. When the prayer ended, you opened your eyes to find your boyfriend standing in the middle of the stage with his guitar slung over his shoulders.

Joshua took the mic and spoke into it. "Welcome everyone to worship~. Let's take some time to prepare our hearts before the Lord.

That's when you realized that there could be a problem with your boyfriend being the worship leader. You could be so immersed in focusing on your boyfriend that you won't be worshiping God wholeheartedly. It reminded you of the time before you met Joshua and was in high school. There was this church Oppa named "Ryan" who many girls fawned over, including you. Though you did try to focus on singing the lyrics, you couldn't help but sneak glances at him when he was leading worship.

You quickly made a promise to yourself and to God, promising that you would try to not get distracted by your boyfriend. Then Joshua started playing and began to sing "Blessings" by Laura Story. He knew that it was one of your favorite Christian songs and so he chose it just for you. As the worship team began to play their instruments for the intro, you began to get lost in the music and just stared at Joshua in awe of how great he looked on stage. If only you could take just one picture...You quickly shook your head and refocused once he started to sing. This was actually your first time singing along with him. Joshua had always urged you to sing for him, but you always refused because you knew that you big time. You've always wanted to sing a duet with that honey voice of his, and finally, you could without him being able to hear your voice.

Throughout it all, you somehow managed to focus on worshiping God. Okay...well you did sneak a couple glances at Joshua here and there but that was it! So after worship was over and it was time for the sermon, Joshua went back to his seat next to you. 

"You did great up there."

Joshua smiled widely, making his eyes and nose crinkle. "Thanks~."

During the whole sermon, it was Joshua's turn to have trouble concentrating. His thought kept on wandering to how you've always been so supportive of him in everything he did. You were always understanding and willing to listen when he needed to talk. You were his own cheerleader. Joshua kept on looking in your direction, studying your facial features and noticing how you were trying to keep your eyes wide open while listening to the sermon attentively.

So after the sermon ended, it was time to pray again. Like usual, you closed your eyes and slightly bowed your head along with everyone. Suddenly you felt a pair of soft lips pressed against yours. Flustered, you kept your eyes closed shut.

Joshua smiled upon seeing your reaction. How cute~. Since it was during prayer, nobody saw and nobody knew but you two. It was the perfect scheme~.When the prayer ended, you turned to Joshua and playfully slapped his arm. 

"Why are you being like this at church?" You asked him, while still blushing.

Joshua chuckled. "It's just because I love you so much~. Also, you're cute when you get flustered." 

You then rolled your eyes and laid your head on his shoulder. "So where should we eat for lunch?"

"Hmmm how about pho noodles?" Joshua suggested.

"With buy 1 get 1 free bubble tea!" You both shouted at the same time.

Boy were you two goofballs. Goofballs in love~. With one another, and with God 

 

The End