Favorite Mistakes

Runaways

 

 

 

Morning sun welcomes him on earth from his dream land .

How he wishes he could cancel his day and sleep all day . Bed is too tempting and this smell and this warmth and softness is too addicting, he doesn’t wants to apart  . Should I call it sick ? Taehyun asks from himself on his mind . Taehyun is not like a someone who likes to cut his work day and get into trouble  . He likes his work . And all that promotions and rewards and acknowledgements from his co workers .

 Taehyun slowly and carefully rolls on his back , now laying on his chest fully and facing the other side of his bed . He takes deep breaths to make his breaths even and closes his eyes , annoyed.

Soon his eyes flutters open , his face more relaxed and eyes soft . His right  hand slides through the crumpled sheets and soon his fingers reaches the soft surface of smooth skin . His lean and long fingers slowly traces the skin , from his hand to elbow and his shoulder and back . His bed partner’s almost white like blonde hair hides his eyes completely . His voluminous lips chapped and pale . He wants to devour it and it until it is back to smooth and pink . Taehyun sighs and gets up with sore but satisfied body .

 Every morning he says it is their last time and Seungyoon will just nod his head while wearing his clothes . Unbothered and untouched as always, Taehyun hated to see him like that  .  Even like this ,  too many nights he couldn’t push him away when his soft lips landed on his.  He has no power over that lips and will to untangle his hands from his waist . Taehyun blames all of this on the alcohol.

 He shouldn’t go to that South club that one Saturday night . When spring was too chilly for him and his soul lonely to care much . Now it is almost midsummer and he is still repeating same night and same mistake .

Taehyun takes a shower and changes into his clean and formal clothes,  ready to work . He prepares coffee and toasted bread with butter for two . Seungyoon comes out from the shower with his yesterday night’s clothes . Ripped jeans and t shirt , his hair is still wet , sticking to his forehead . Boyish as ever .

 Taehyun likes manly man . All serious and defendable type with shiny shoes and suits . But his heart don’t ever misses the chance to jump every time he looks at Seungyoon . Whose appearance  screams young and wild, carefree life style  . Totally not a someone  for the big plan in the future .

Back in high school Taehyun was head over heals for him . He wanted to be his lover so bad and be the only one who can kissed by him . It wasn’t that hard wish to come true though .

Taehyun and Seungyoon always had been apart by one step , it only needed one further step from Taehyun. To knock on  seungyoon’s door just next to his home or just like his study table  one row ahead from his .  But Taehyun did nothing . He knew if he took his chance,  he will end up being one of his play thing . Just passing by , one of many lovers seungyoon had on his hands . His heart was too fragile and his love was so pure and he himself was so greedy . There wasn’t any hope for his first love . Seungyoon could only give him a shooting star like happiness . Too bright and fast and empty .Taehyun  wonders what is different now . He is walking through the road he used to avoid .

    • Morning Taehyun ,
    • Morning , …
    • Is this for me Taehyun ? Seungyoon points at the coffee and little breakfast before him
    • Yep ,
    • You are really thoughtful , I was hungry after shower , thank you Taehyun-ah.

Taehyun likes to pretend that he too don’t care . What else he could do . Try to make it something else when it is not  . Nowadays Seungyoon is chatty in the mornings and Taehyun don’t know what to say more than one or two .  What is it with this guy ? Taehyun keeps his side remarks and sarcasms under his tongue . There is no need to talk more than this , Taehyun knows himself . If he asks 1 question from Seungyoon, it will never stop there . Jinwoo likes his observant character and tricky questions. Jinwoo says that he can read people like a book.   So he better bury his curiosities inside himself.  / Questions like why he always finds him  in that club or what he do for the living or where he lives or if he has girlfriend or boyfriend , and most importantly what he thinks about him and this ./  It was totally unnecessary information about the boy who he only spends the nights with and Taehyun isn’t really that interested about him and his life . Maybe just a little bit , that he often needs to bit his tongue. 

    • SY : Can you come tonight 
    • TH : Uh , No
    • SY: Then tomorrow ?
    • TH : No ,
    • SY: Then when can I expect you ,

Taehyun loses the calm . It wasn’t expected . What is with this guy again  ? Before he could say something his phone rings on the table , cutting their tension . It was jinwoo . Cold shivers runs down on his back , his face goes pale and forgets about seungyoon’s intense stare on him . He locks his phone and makes it silent . Their morning breakfast didn’t last long after that . Taehyun is bothered and seungyoon is in hurry to get out from his flat  . His chatty mood totally changed , went out without even goodbye . When Taehyun went down from his apartment, Seungyoon was waiting for him in the entrance door , again taking him off guard  . Seungyoon looks at him long enough almost interested , from his hair to his face until his legs and up again , making taehyun feel hot all over . When they finally came close  enough , seungyoon tells him only one word and walks away without even waiting for his answer or questions .

    • Friday night , Seungyoon’s stare is serious but soft and his tone is almost commanding but hopeful

Taehyun  mumbles Friday and checks his schedule although he knows he don’t have any on that evening.

    • TH : I won’t go there Seungyoon , I can’t , As if  seungyoon is still there and waiting for his answer .

 

It was almost miracle how Jinwoo and he built their friendship . They had nothing in common . And therefore his little show he did on jinwoo wasn’t that great memory neither of them . Back then he was so jealous of jinwoo . For the first time he felt afraid that maybe seungyoon could fall for someone truly and it won’t be him . Jinwoo was so beautiful and kind . Everybody in school was gossiping about his appearance . And of course seungyoon didn’t sat back . He hated jinwoo , like he never hated any of seungyoon’s  exes . Maybe he was in the edge to give up or jinwoo made him feel his insecurities.

In the end seungyoon and he , they both broke jinwoo . Maybe if they wasn’t there , if his jealousy didn’t  ate him ,  maybe jinwoo wouldn’t changed this much .

Maybe jinwoo could have his first sweat love and great friends and wouldn’t fortitude himself  . Jinwoo hated weakness , he wish he could tell him weakness is not a bad thing . Weakness makes people beautiful, endearing and true .

He wish jinwoo cried when he broke up with his first boyfriend  and next one and next one and next one . Jinwoo can’t fool him , he was always easy to fall . Like a child who drops on the hard floor from running careless and cry over the pain . But Jinwoo pretended nothing was hurting him . He got up and hides his pain and disappointment behind his sarcasm , easy laugh and fancy clothes . Dashing as ever . But jinwoo was still falling and still hurting . He wish he can tell him to stop , he wish someone would save jinwoo  before he couldn’t take his repeating pain and his missing happines . He wish jinwoo can find his happiness he seeks from people he met . It really doesn’t  matter what kind of shape or form could bring happiness to jinwoo , taehyun will accept it no matter what . And going to hug it and kiss it for being found and scold it for taking too long to come to his dear friend .

Taehyun can't lose jinwoo . He is sometimes salty like a and often unbearable but that kind of a friend who is ready to kill anybody for hurting him . Taehyun's one and only . He protects Taehyun's back and front, up and down , and every sides of him without quistions  . Taehyun won't mind having failed relationships and dickhead boyfriends but jinwoo should be in his life no matter what and how much it costs to him . 

He wishes he didn’t felt guilty over Jinwoo,  everytime he woke up in Seungyoon’s arms . Taehyun wishes Friday night wasn’t about the choice between Jinwoo and Seungyoon .

 

 

 

 

 

 

While Taehyun’s mind having a battle between loyalty and desire, in the other sight of the city Jinwoo just sat on the wooden bench under cherry tree with iced coffee between his hands . Unlike Taehyun , Jinwoo is really calm and collected , enjoying summer breeze and warm sun on his skin .

Every day is as usual for him . Flights back and forth , flowing costumers he serves nonstop . But his coffee time has changed since then. After his shift Jinwoo goes to Jenny’s cafe around 6-7 pm. He also found a new routine . He discovers that sitting on a bench near mother nature is far more entertaining and enjoyable than sitting in a cafe surrounding with plants .  He enjoys his coffee while observing people who passes him,  not practically waiting for a someone .

Not long time after one guy from the crowd took all his eyes and attentions on himself . It wasn’t that hard to notice him because of his height and notable style.  

The new guy walks through the crowd , observing his surroundings without knowing himself being observed by someone else as well.  Unaware that two pair of eyes follows his every movements . 

Today too Seunghoon is dresses nicely . Tight black jeans on his long legs , making it look endless and dark blue loose silk shirt that first two buttons ed, leaving his gorgeous collarbone on the display . His hair brushed to the back , leaving  his face shape more clear in the eyes . High cheek bones and perfectly shaped chin and chic eyes . A camera bag on his left shoulder, he walks like a road was his runway . In short he looks so damn fine/yummy .

Jinwoo still hides behind his coffee cup and looks at how wind plays with Seunghoon’s shirt . Wind hugs his waist and chest through the thin silk from time to time, like it was whispering to everybody nearby to look at this hottie and Jinwoo’s eyes won’t even blink  . He drinks his freshly brewed iced coffee .  A small smirk tugs on his lips , totally satisfied .

The second time he saw seunghoon was him again standing where he first saw him . Behind the crossroad and he had his camera on the load , busy taking pictures . Jinwoo wondered why he would need to shoot this street again and what for. Jinwoo was lucky that day . He happened to be coming from different direction to the coffee shop , just behind Seunghoon who was facing front . And he checked his wrist watch and it was 7:15pm and jinwoo decided he will take his coffee before 7pm in the next day but interestingly for four straight days he found Seunghoon just in one spot just in exact same time  . So Jinwoo arrieves before Seunghoon today too and takes his favorite spot.

He doesn’t know why he can’t find the courage to face Seunghoon and talk with him . There was something pulling him back from to do so . 

What if he really won’t remember him ? Can it be important to Seunghoon to meet with him again ? What if he was the only one who keep all the little memories stored and thought about him from time to time ?

In nights when sleep won’t come, Jinwoo thinks about him and wondered about how he looks now .  And imagined what kind of a man he become into ? Is he sometimes or just randomly thinks about him too ?

It wasn’t his intention to observe him  from afar like a creep . Tomorrow he will come here in his lunch time like how it used to be  . No bench time , no Seunghoon in the sight.

 

Jinwoo stands from the bench and throws his empty coffee cap in the nearest bin . He lost seunghoon’s sight . But after only 5 steps he hears his name being called by someone . Jinwoo knows who is calling him by his heart . His voice rings till to his core and brings back so much memories at once . Before he could walk 5 more steps he abruptly pulled  back from the elbows  . Time is slowed down , gravity is weaker suddenly . Jinwoo’s hair flips and falls on his eyes messily  .Seunghoon swings his body to himself and powerful enough to make him crush on his chest with the impact .

There he is , really him . He looks more handsome up this close . And Jinwoo can’t help but to inhale his delicious scent  . Seunghoon was so tall , taller than he remembered, enveloping him in his chest like that time  . Seunghoon doesn’t says any word yet and Jinwoo knows why . Their minds traveling through the time , calling back memories of about each other , between past and present . Comparing old memories with this exact same time and face.  To make sure that the one who is in his chest is really the one who he had thought .

And soon Seunghoon’s lips broke into a smile . A smile full of happiness and delight  and longing , and Jinwoo can’t help but to smile as well , breathless .

SH : Hi , Jinwoo . Seunghoon's chest moves up and down from running . All his words flies away the moment he hugs him on his chest . Just by looking at his big shocked eyes ,he lost himself in them .  

JW : Hi Seunghoon , Jinwoo shyly calls his name and they hugged like that for who knows how long . 

They found their way to the Jenny’s . Only a table and two hot latte  separating them . Not their mouths but eyes busy on each other . Excited but bewildered at the sudden meeting . There is so many things they want to talk and ask but both of them don’t knows where to start .

SH - It is been long , huh ?

JW - Yeah , it's been years .

SH - So you live around here ? 

JW - no, yes , actually my workplace is not that far away from here and my apartment too . 

                                                                            

SH - So what you do Jinwoo ? 

JW - I am working at the airport

SH - really , are you perhaps a pilot ?

JW - No , I am a flight attendant actually.

 Jinwoo has that little pried of telling about his job because people’s eyes shone with excitement and amazement after hearing it  but in front of Seunghoon it sounds nothing that interesting . Jinwoo wants to add something more . Like something serious or powerful but all he does is fill empty glasses and put food on the table . Thinking about it like this makes his job boring as hell  . What he really had achieved since university graduation ? what he gained or lose ? Jinwoo asks those questions from himself after so long time . Maybe Taehyun was right, he does awful job and have awful life . But then again if it is not him who will do it . Somebody need to be there and do all of this and give his reassuring smiles and comporting words to kids and others who hates plane ride . It wasn’t that useless job . Somebody needs his help there . And besides he will soon going to marry with hottest bachelor of  Seoul city and he will going to live without stepping on dirt . He was on the right path . After all he chose to work as a assistant not because he can’t find a table in the office  , but to meet someone like Mino . It was working and going well ,  Jinwoo reassures himself mentally .

SH - I always thought you will become an artist someday

JW - Why so?      

SH - don’t know , probably because of your face . Seunghoon stratches his neck and drinks his latte , making himself busy , avoiding jinwoo's stare . 

Well , it was cliche and old pick up line . Don’t know about the others but  Jinwoo heard it for millionth times . He heard the line that him being ‘human art’ or ‘are you an actor’ from like 8 of 10 people who flirts with him . But judging from how his cheeks are getting hot and pink , it  still had the effect  jinwoo stopped feeling . Seunghoon just admitted that he always thought him beautiful , although it was inderect .  Oh wow , jinwoo whistles on his mind 

JW - Well  , I am not .  Jinwoo snorts but with butterflies on his stomach 

JW -Then what about you ? are you a photographer ?

SH  -No , why you thought so

JW -Uh , Oh , I just guessed since you have a camera 

SH - ah , camera is just my hobby . Actually I am a fashion freelancer . I do stuffs that includes styling and designing and concept etc

JW - That is cool , indeed Tokyo is famous for fashion   ?

SH - No , I was taking computer engineering class but it wasn’t for me so I dropped from there and ever since then I am working as a freelancer

Jinwoo still can taste the bitterness not being able to afford education for himself and unable to walk through the university road to classes  , shoulders rubbing with other students . But seems like everybody have their own needs and judgments .

SH -But in my field if you have taste and skill it doesn’t really matter whether you are took the class or not , have a paper or not

JW -Is that so ?

SH -Yes , I am about to open my studio around here by the way

JW -Then you must be successful already

SH -No , not that , I am just a beginner in Seoul but I already managed to snatch couple of contracts thanks to my career in Japan

JW - Not everyone can open a studio with already signed contracts without even professional diploma . I am impressed , really

SH - Really ?

JW - Ofcourse ,  I am very proud of you ,

SH - It is really early to make you proud but thank you jinwoo . Look at you , you are doing that dream job every kid writes down on their diary . Now that I imagined you with those uniforms I think it will really suit you . I want to see you with uniform

JW - Huh ?       

SH - What ? can’t you show me

JW - No , I can’t wear it outside

SH -Then I guess I need to book a ticket  just to see you with your uniform

JW -Yes, you should if you really want to see it

SH - Will you going to scold me if I misbehave

JW - What the hell , I am not a cop or something Seunghoon . What are you really imagining about ?

SH - Many things , but do you have a picture of yourself in uniform

JW - I have , why

SH - I want to see it , can I ?

JW - Why not , here . just don’t fall for me after watching it . I look like a main hero of a movie

 SH - I will try . There is , that smile again .  Whenever seunghoon shoot him that smile , jinwoo’s insides churn . He smiles at him like he told him some little secrets

 

SH -You look perfect as expected , indeed it is looks like a movie poster   . You  must be popular between ladies and errr men

JW -No secret there

Seunghoon fixes his throat and soon his eyes fell on Jinwoo’s fingers . There wasn’t any sign of a marriage or engagement ring  . And he feels satisfaction but also worry . For jinwoo , but mostly for himself .

Little did he knew there was indeed something Jinwoo kept with himself . A reminder that he is someone’s now . Underneath jinwoo’s shirt , there lays a white golden necklace, representing a promise of love between two person.  Necklace has a round pendant in the mid , decorated with sparkling little diamond crystals. A gift from Mino . Maybe because Jinwoo  wasn’t into accessory other than his favorite silver rings and very little collection of earnings , necklace usage was unfamiliar to him .It felt heavy on his neck despite being light and thin, and  pendant felt too cold on his skin every time he wore it . Jinwoo absentmindedly touches the ring pendant and looks at seunghoon who is in deep thoughts .

Jinwoo does look changed . Seunghoon can’t pinpoint what it is. His sharp  nose, always expressive eyes, curved lips , snow like white skin , his height still the same and cute in the way it fits in his chest just right but he looks more appealing and beautiful than ever  . Seunghoon decides it is not about his appearance but his confidence. Seunghoon hums mentally at the realization . It suits him so well and perfect . Like an expensive tailored suit is sitting on it is owner’s body perfectly  . Fit and perfect in the view . He wonders if he changed too , if then what ?

 He wants to hear his thoughts about himself . Does he manages to look more than a boy who liked to cut his classes on the rooftop because Jinwoo looks 10 times more than he ever remembered  . Clever as the devil but twice as pretty . He matured into so, so fine young man, totally made for drooling.  Dangerous as ever . He barely manages his coolness in front of him, like old times .

 

    • SH - I saved my phone number on your phone
    • JW - Huh ?
    • SH - What ? what is with the surprise Jinwoo?
    • JW - Oh , no , nothing .

 

 ​​​​​​Jinwoo wonders if this means they are going to meet often or Seunghoon being just friendly . Jinwoo takes his phone back and found a new account on his list under name Seunghoon-sshi.  It sounds intimate even for a former classmates  . It was like they are close . Like seunghoon didn’t left him without a goodbye and like 5 years didn’t passed last time they talked . And there was little smirking emoticon with sunglasses behind his name and it looked so much like Seunghoon. Jinwoo can’t help but to laugh out loud and he wanted to see how Seunghoon saved his name on his phone .  Whatever,  he liked being with Seunghoon back then and seems like he still do .  And his heart still wavers like a leaf in autumn wind beside him . Is this a  sign of a mistake , Jinwoo don't know , he can't tell , yet . 

A/N

hi guys . thank god aff is not bloccked in china . do you guys know china blocked about 300 sites so far . but there is that thing called vpn , like a savior xaxa 

i will get it soon and google whatever the bloody hell i want to  .

anyways i am back in my writing mood nowadays , so next chapter wont take long hopefully 

i hope you guys/ like i have many readers pfffft / like the new chapter and their meeting scene here 

some angel photoshopped him as a pilot and i tried to add it but it doesn't showing T . T .

 

And kangnam couple everyone