Someone In The Crowd

Runaways

 

 

Chap 5

 Someone in the crowd

 

Friday is always busy . Everyday before 7 am she is in front of her coffee shop door , just right in time . Her parents passed this coffee shop 2 years ago to her . They said to her that she can sell this place or run it on her own.   

Although she wanted to be a photographer, she loved coffee . It was almost part of her . From her childhood she always used to hang out in this coffee shop, watching her parents making various of coffees . Every coffee have distinct smell and taste and colors . Some of them can’t be remade. Maybe coffee God exists and sometimes beside her and helps her to make special coffee for someone who needs some little magic in their lives .

 She loves how a cup of coffee can change someone’s mood and thoughts . She can see how her costumer’s face is relaxing after their sip . Their frown loosens effectively and soon she can spot their lips are curling . She believes they are forgetting their problems with every sip of her coffee . Only 5 minutes with a cup of coffee in clam and comfortable place can change someone’s day and produce positive thoughts  .

 She have various of costumers , from street artists to lawyers and doctors and even her favorite flight attendant too . There is something special about that guy . Every time she make him coffee she always prepares two cups . One is for him and last one is for herself. Coffee made for him always tastes heavenly . Rich flavor and eyes closing aroma , too perfect . She can make this taste only with his presence . Strange isn’t it . That is why she thinks that guy is coffee god’s favorite one .  And her too , maybe little bit more .

 

  • Good afternoon Jinwoo oppa , Taehyun oppa . Jennie welcomes them at the counter
  • Hi Jennie , Jinwoo smiles at her
  • Hello , Taehyun greats
  • I have missed you oppa , is sky is beautiful today too ?
  • Of course Jennie , today too sky is beautiful up from there
  • What do you want today, oppa ?
  • I will take a usual Jennie ,
  • I will just take an Americano, Taehyun says so while scrolling down on his phone
  • Got it , I hope my coffee will cheer you two up all day long
  • It is always does, Jennie

Jennie hands Jinwoo his coffee with charming smile of her . Purposely touching his fingers while doing so . Don’t judge her , she is only taking what she can get .

  • Thank you , take from here , Jinwoo gives her his credit card and smiles at her making her blush nonstop . Jennie don’t hide how he affects him . Jinwoo loves too see such pure and honest reactions from her . He sometimes flirts with her . Their innocent flirts makes her coffee even more tasty …

 

 

  • She never knows when to give up , isn’t she . Taehyun says 
  • Who ? ah , Jennie . That is what I like about her . She is loyal and brave ,
  • Then you should date with her
  • You know girls doesn’t excites me
  • Bad for her , then stop giving her false hope
  • She is a smart girl , Taehyun . She knows what she is doing and what she can get . Little flirts never does bad . It is healthy . Don't make it big , not everyone is like you . You should learn from her . Be brave and honest , when was the last time you went on dates ?
  • It is not that i am at it , just, i am busy and there is no one that took my interest, that is why . I am grown up man , don't try to give me relationship lessons . You can't . But really , I can’t believe you still spend $8 just for a cup of coffee almost everyday
  • Taehyun , it is very expensive to be me .
  • Right, taehyun rolls his eyes , No one will believe him if he tells someone that this guy used to be bullied in high school . Now, just look at him . His sharp tongue , confident posture and his all so haughty personality
  • But, I always wonder how you can actually live in that apartment without complaining though
  • I want to move too but I don’t have enough money to spend on high praised apartment for now . Who will going to buy me my favorite morning coffee and all those unpaid lease of luxurious clothes
  • Then you can stop buying expensive clothes
  • No , don’t you heard , it is really really expensive to be me . I can't wear cheap clothes on this body with this face
  • It is stupid , you can try to cut your expense
  • I don’t want to . Tell me how much I can save from cutting my coffee and clothes I want to buy . Only one room apartment for being barely surviving ?. That is not for me . I want to be young, free and beautiful not depressed
  • Uh … then, maybe you can ask from Mino to buy you a nice apartment
  • Don’t make me angry Taehyun-ah . I am looking for my perfect husband not sugar daddy
  • I know, but it is nothing to Mino and any other guys you had dated . You never ask for something from them , it is kind of dumb . Where is the perks of dating with rich dudes if you are not going to use their money ?
  • Taehyun , I am not gold digger , maybe I look like one but I am not ,at least not in that way . And I can treat myself just fine . I don’t need their money , I just need financially safe, stress free future with one of them . I want my life to be full of ' I can't believe i did this ' than ' i should have done it and regret of unlived wishes ' . That’s how I want to live , there is no between
  • You are strange you know . It is like you want wealth but not money, when it is actually both same thing
  • If I wanted only money , only that part, I would did my choice with Choi Seunghyun by now . I want more . I don’t know what it is but I believe I can find it with Mino . \

 

 

Jinwoo likes weekends , his rest days . Out of stuffy plane and far from bratty costumers, everywhere he go feels like a heaven. It could be a beautiful day to go on a date with Mino but as expected Mino is busy man . Jinwoo is quiet happy nowadays . It is like he found what he was searching for all this years . Now he don’t need to rush anything anymore . He is taking his time to build a relationship with Mino . He cuts his ties with his other dates , giving his full attention to Mino . It was risky move, but Mino worth all of that . And honestly Jinwoo is tired all of that never ending competitions with himself. Before Mino , it was like he was forcing himself to eat with full stomach .

Jinwoo has proven himself in time and time again that he will choose money over happiness. But there must be a hidden recipe that he can balance the two .Now he feels more like himself and free from all his roles he made for himself . After all , there must a reason he was still searching . And he hopes it is Mino .

Maybe he is falling for Mino , maybe Mino made him soft and honest , maybe he wanted to stop all of this long time ago  . Mino is a full package of everything he needs from a man , like a perfect Christmas gift you waited for so long . Smart , polite, educated and kind . Although he often cancels his dates ate last minute because of work and sometimes he is too tired to spent good times with him.

Jinwoo walks in the crowd , pondering if it is okey to call Mino . It is weekends , everybody is resting but not Mino . Maybe he can run little test on their relationship , he wants to see if Mino going to choose him over his work or not . It was childish , but with Mino everything was different . His reactions was different from any other guys he had dated and it is often puzzles him . Sometimes he even lost control wheel he is mastered . Mino is unpredictable and it is give him different feelings every time they met . Mino dodges his little tricks and games swiftly. He learned that he is not the only one who is good at games in this . Mino is an excellent player .

It was frustrating to not know what to expect but at the same time it was thrilling and exciting . He doesn’t want found to be an annoying, needy boyfriend , but still. He is curious .

 

 

Mino's pov :

His phone rings on his desk , Debussy’s piece Clair De Luna plays softly and magically . He chose this piece for a certain someone’s ringtone . That person reminds him this piece very much . Flowing and floating, so beautiful like a full moon in the night sky or light and comforting raindrops on your skin . Meeting with him , seeing him , touching him makes him relax immediately . His posture so elegant and classic yet never leaving humbleness .

Mino is busy discussing this month’s new results of finance and all that economy related issues . He needs to work all the time and be updated in every hours , this way he can be successful and won’t lose control in such cruel field . It was unplanned to welcome new person into his life . He wasn’t prepared and ready to share his time and fully commit to a relationship . But Jinwoo happened and it would be insane to not want someone like him and lose such a treasure from his life. Mino gets up behind his desk and gives a signal to his staff members to continue their speech about new flourishing business. When he is about to hit the button , it is stopped ringing . Mino sings and was about to call back but suddenly remembers important data he found last night while digging his emails . About a small company that about to bankrupt but their business expected to boom in near years making him forgot about his supposed call and he went back to his work , leaving his phone in his drawer . For seconds he feels guilty and decides he will make it up to him later . And he forgot how often he says later to him .

 

 

Jinwoo hears his call rings 8 times , but Mino didn’t pick it up until it stopped with automatic phone answer . His limit used to be first 3 rings and no more , if someone won’t pick it up within those rings he stopped calling , but alas what a shame .

Jinwoo looks at his phone screen sullen and little bit angry . He used to be the one who received nonstop calls and dating requests but when he just got a real boyfriend it happens in this way . What a twist , huh?.

Jinwoo angrily shows his phone into his pocket and continues his walk . Trying to be not affected by his failed attempt . He decides nothing will spoil his off day .

Jinwoo got himself a nice silk scarf and a sweat scented candle for Taehyun and himself . Thanks to Taehyun he is into scented candles . It is almost part of his daily life .

When he about to cross the road , his eyes founds familiar silhouette amongst the passengers . - Ok , he says I am .., no ,no, not again ,  it is not him . Jinwoo scoffs at himself and keeps walking but never taking his eyes from that guy . The more he looks at the guy who is taking pictures from the opposite road his steps getting smaller and slower . It wasn't his first time he was mistaking him with someone in the streets . Uncertain and disbelief both written on his face . When the guy lowers his camera to see his pictures, jinwoo almost screamed .

It is him , it is him , it is really him , he is back , he is in korea , walking in a same streets he is walking , almost in front of him . What to do ? what to do ? Jinwoo is panicked and surprised . Will he remember me , what if he won’t? what he should tell him – Hey seunghoon remember me , I am the boy who you used to share a school rooftop . Yes yes that cry baby , yes yes that boy who used to be bullied , remember now ? , No . no no no , not like that , what to say , something to make him remember me without that embarrassing parts .?. Before he could find an answer , Seunghoon starts to take pictures around where he is stopping , luckily he didn’t catch him looking at him . Jinwoo runs behind the street sings and people . And when he looks at him again after taking couple of deep breaths to calm himself down and sane Seunghoon wasn’t there where he was standing.

Jinwoo feels disappointed till to his core until he found Seunghoon again only in 10 meters away, running here and there , busy looking for something or someone . Did he saw me ? is he looking for me ? Thought makes his stomach flutter from sudden storm of butterflies, almost hurting .

And that night Jinwoo didn’t sleep . The memories he supposed to forgot hit him like a truck and in the first place he couldn’t find a reason why he run away from him . It was Seunghoon , his classmate like Taehyun . Things happened so long time ago , they were kids . Tonight he remembers everything so clear like yesterday’s . All that hurt and comfort and their rooftop and his smile and that intense eyes of his that always followed him .  

 

 

 

 

A/N 

so, i just edited .

i added Jennie into this , she is such a girl crush . Yep , winner tv . it is ing great news i hadn't in decades . i miss yg tv too