Judgement

The Fallen One

The sound of trumpets boomed throughout the land of the clouds. It was coming from the only structure in the realm. A golden palace, ever majestic, shining even brighter than the sun. Patches of yellow covered the blue sky as they proceeded to the said palace.

These were angels, with beautiful faces unparalleled in the mortal world, dressed in pure white cloth. Their gold wings flapping gracefully as if they were one with the air. All of them were heading towards the giant structure, notified by the sound coming from it.

But this gathering was not for praises.

The Divine Call was made, and all of the angels in heaven were called upon to the palace of God.

All of them proceeded to the Court of Judgement, where God handles the misguided angels. They were made to be pure yet they were not insusceptible to temptation. Evil was indeed a mighty force to be reckoned. And today, it seemed like another one has fallen to depravity.

Seven angels were seen, forming an arch at the top of the hall and were the ones sounding the trumpets. These angels were not the same as the rest in the hall. They were wearing gold ornaments with each of their own intricacy. Most of the creatures call them the Archangels. They served as the leaders of the heavenly soldiers as they fight the forces of evil.

But what was catching the attention of the crowd was the one angel at the middle of the court. He was forced to kneel down by a chain of light, binding his wrist and his body. He was so beautiful even among the angels, but his golden wings were tainted by shades of black. The chains of light bound them tight but it still couldn't stop the dreaded color from spreading.

The archangel at the middle, whom the mortals call Michael, moved forward and brought out his sword. "Today, another one of us has fallen. It is sad to say but once an angel has corrupted himself, he will be banished from this place."

A streak of light entered into the room and stopped in front of the angel in question. It was very dazzling that even the angels shielded their eyes from the brightness. The corrupted one looked at him, and as he found out what... or who this light was, his face paled into a shade of white.

"Please, have mercy on me! I never meant to venture into the depths of the underworld! The demon disguised himself as an angel and prompted me to follow him!" the flustered angel reasoned out.

An imposing voice boomed throughtout the room. "Little one. You know well of the dangers of the underworld. I did not allow anyone to enter the premises of the demons for the temptation is far too great for you to handle, yet you disobeyed me."

The angel lowered down his face in shame, unable to say anything.

"You went against my will and so you shall not be worthy of being here anymore." the voice continued. The angel looked up again in fear. "-But, you are not like the previous ones who have fallen." The faces of the angels in the entire room were filled with confusion as to what the voice was talking about.

"Hope is not yet lost for you, little one. You have not been completely depraved of morality, and so you can still be saved." All the angels in the room sighed in relief. It was painful from seeing their fallen companions turn into horrible creatures. They became embodiments of transgression and impurity, and transformed into something that was devoid of their former nature.

"However, you will need to go into the mortal world as a human and there you will start your life anew."

The angel's face brightened up and he cried in tears of joy. "Thank you! Thank you very much!"

His delight didn't last long as he felt the chains tying up his wings tighten even more. His joyful face was instantly changed into one of extreme pain as his wings were forcefully removed from him. His screams revertebrated throughout the room until it died out when the process was completed. Without an owner, and the light chains gone, the golden wings were now fully painted in black as its corruption immediately spread.

The links of light that restricted him were now shattered and the clouds beneath him suddenly opened, causing him to fall off from the assembly of angels. He screamed as he tried to reach back to the top in futile effort.

"Now, go. Be reborn into the world of humans, and come back here again bringing with you your insights of the good and the bad. Prove yourself to be worthy of coming here again." the voice spoke to him for the last time.

"No... No! My wings!" He screamed as he continued to fall until he was surrounded by thick, dark clouds. Thunder roared around him and he trembled in fear. The falling angel shut his eyes as lightning instantly coursed through his body. But instead of being greeted with pain, he felt nothing but cold air touching his body.

When he opened his eyes, he was welcomed by the night sky filled with the sparkling stars. He turned his body around and saw the bustling city filled with tall buildings. He fell down to the ground in a surprisingly lighter impact but enough to make him lose his consciousness.


A/N: After how many months, I finally posted. Actually, I wrote this one a long time ago like, seriously. But looking back now, I now decided to just trim it and release short chapters rather than struggling to make it a long one then losing ideas because of many interruptions.