Prologue

The Fallen One

The museum is such a fascinating place. It's full of stories portrayed by pieces of art that are being displayed. Paintings, artifacts, and statues. Despite the elegant appearance, they hold a deeper meaning and a more profound thought.

I remember when we were just roaming around, and for some reason no one stopped us in what we were doing; running, riding bicycles, dancing, and playing. It was fun, but it was soon time to leave and just as we were about to go, someone closed my eyes and everything went black.

The hands then left my line of sight, and I noticed the surroundings change. It was still the same room, but not quite. Artifacts were displayed adjacent to each other at the sides, and at the middle stood a statue of an angel, kneeling down.

I look back to find the person behind this but the doorway was gone, and so was the person who did this to me. I turn to the statue which caught my attention. I started to walk toward it, as if it was pulling me in. Upon closer look, the angel looked like it was in misery, staring towards me with a painful expression despite its barren appearance. Its magnificent black wings spread gloriously behind him, unfit for its lifeless owner.

I stood in front of the statue. Feeling a connection, I moved my face closer, touched its chin, and our lips met. It was unexpectedly soft and warm. I felt a strong thump in my heart. the beat getting faster and faster and pounding very hard, yet I don't feel anything.

No, it wasn't from me. It was from the barren angel in front of me. I stepped back anxiously. I search for the source of the eerie sound only to hear the sound of cracking. I look at the face and there it was, its left eye fully cracked open. But what's inside wasn't dark emptiness.

It was another eye, staring at me, and seemingly the life out of me.

I felt my body burn. My right eye started to sting, and I screamed in horrible pain. And just as how sudden it was, it also died out in a matter of seconds. I turned back to the mysterious object in front of me. But what I saw was not a statue, it was a man; a very pretty man.

And it was not just any man. He was a person I knew very well.

He flapped his wings slowly and looked at me, then grinned. He moved towards me while I was pinned there in a state of shock and confusion.

My lips were trembling but I managed to utter a single word. "Taehyung?"

He looked at his wings and spread them out as wide as he could as if he were seeing an old friend then he looked at me with that devious smile of his. "Hello, Jin-hyung."