Run

The Fallen One

I aimlessly walked through the darkness. Not a single source of light to be seen and it's so dark that I couldn't even see myself. I walked and walked and then later on, I found myself running.

Where am I going?

What am I doing here?

Why am I running?

These questions crossed my mind as I ran through the pitch black surroundings. Suddenly, I crashed myself into something. I groaned in pain as the impact hit me head on.

I shook my head to regain my composure and then I saw myself in front of me. I moved my right arm and other parts of my body and it followed suit. It’s a mirror.

Or so I thought.

The reflection blinked at me and asked, "Who are you?"

Startled at the question, I looked behind if anyone was there but there was only pitch black darkness. I tried to move my body once again but this time, the reflection didn't follow. He asked once again. "Who are you?"

"Me? I am you." I proudly answered.

The reflection stared lifelessly; his eyes moving up and then down my body to my feet. He continued to ask. "What is your name?"

I laughed at the question, "Why, you don't know my name? I am you! You should know what my name is!" I mockingly responded.

But my reflection didn't reply anymore. He continued to stare at me, as if seeing through my soul, which sent shivers through every single hair of my body.

Then it hit me.

'Wait. Who am I?' I thought as I tried to remember my name. My head started to throb hard and I started to scream in agony. "Who am I!? Why can't I remember my name?"

I continued to shout until realization struck me. I slowly looked back at my reflection and we stared at each other. Slowly, a gash formed in his left eye.

I gasped as I felt my right eye burn, it continued to hurt to the point that I was shouting. I raised my head once again and saw the wound extending to a crack.

Feeling terrified, I asked, "Who are you?"

The person in front of me eerily smiled as his hand passed through the mirror and grabbed my face.

And before my vision would turn black, I caught the reflection shifting its form to a familiar silhouette.


A/N: If you ever feel SO confused at this point I'm so sorry lol