One

MOON

15 years later
 

As fast as possible, he ran through the hospital. Five minutes. He never would get there on time. The third door on the right. That's what his sister said where her room was, but he wasn't sure if he remembered the way right. Then he saw the door and carefully knocked on it before entering the room.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I.... was searching for another room." he said quickly when he saw a boy sitting on one of the beds and wanted to leave, when the stranger started speaking.
"I didn't expect you to visit me here anyways, Himchan."

Hearing this, he looked at the boy again. He looked familiar, but who was he?

"I knew you wouldn't remember me." He said.
"Who are you?" Himchan asked and closed the door.

"Jongup, but since you never asked for any names of the people you got things from, it won't help you figuring out who i am."

"You are... You are the little boy with the red teddy bear right?"
"Wow" the boy said, "I really didn't expect you to remember that. Come here, sit down if you want."

"Wait, you... want me to stay?"
Jongup smiled. "If you want to. I would like to have someone to talk."
"And you choose me? After what I did?"

The younger shrugged. "We were kids. Now come on, I feel uncomfortable with you standing around like this."
Himchan nodded and sat down on the edge of the bed. "Why are you here in hospital?" he then asked.

"Well, I have a tumor, right there." he pointed at his head, "And they have to keep me here for observation."

"What?" Himchan said, totally surprised how Jongup said this. Like it was the most normal thing on earth. "Isn't it dangerous? I mean it's inside your head!"

"Oh, it is dangerous. I'm gonna die from it." Jongup answered, again sounding like he didn't care at all.

"Holy ... And they can't do anything about it? There's no possibility to save your life?"

"They could do everything, I could have a surgery and it would be gone, but I don't want that."

Himchan was speechless. For a while, he just stared at the boy. "Jongup... How old are you? Eighteen? Nineteen? Why do you want to throw away the rest of your life?"
"I don't have a life, Himchan. I don't have anything to live for." he answered, "I made this decision. And I thought a lot about it. There's not even someone who cares about me, I'm in here for a year now and not one person visited me."

"But... Jongup, please overthink that again. You really want to die? Giving up all the chances you have? Giving up the possibility of a family? Everything?"

The boy just smiled. "I made this decision a long time ago and I won't change it anymore. Please just accept that. It's not that we know each other right? So why do you think you could make me change my mind, Himchan?"

The older couldn't answer that. He didn't really know by himself, why he wanted the other one to do this surgery so badly. But somehow, something in his chest started to hurt when he heard Jongup say that he wanted to die. 

"Excuse me, but you'll have to go now." A nurse said, entering the room. "It's dinner time and he needs to get checked by the doctor again."

Himchan nodded and got up. Before leaving the room, a question formed in his mind. "Jongup, how long do you have?"

"A week, maybe two. We'll see."