Two

MOON

"Jongup?" Himchan asked, when he entered the room on the next day. He found the younger boy sleeping in his bed. Jogup laid on his right site, facing the window, cuddling his blanket. Himchan sat down on the chair next to the bed and observed the boy's face. He still looked a bit like the child from fivteen years ago. Lovely and cute. Carefully, the older touched his soft cheek. 

"I wish I hadn't been such a bastard as a kid... I always wanted to be your friend, I just was too scared to talk to you, scared that you'd laugh at me, so I was like that instead..."
He sighed. If they had become friends back then, friends forever like Himchan had wanted them to be, if Himchan would have been with him, maybe Jongup would not had made the decision to let the death win. Jongup might not know it, but the older always cared about him. He always watched him when they were kids, he even cried when he moved to another city, because he couldn't see the boy anymore. And now, that they met again, the feeling that Himchan wanted to be near him was even stronger than ever before.

"You should live..." he said quietly before taking his hand back. Only seconds later the boy opened his eyes. 

"Himchan? What are you doing here?" he asked tiredly and yawned. 

"Visiting you." 

"Why?" Jongup sat up and grabbed the glass of water from the nightstand. 

"Because I didn't feel good at the thought that you're always alone." 

"I'm used to that, it's nothing special. You don't have to come here just because of that." 

"It's not that reason... I care about you Jongup, I want you to live." 

"Himchan, stop that. I already told you yesterday that I won't do that surgery. And if you really think that I'll change my mind, you're wrong. And if you can't accept that, you better leave and forget me. I don't want to make anyone sad." 

The older looked to the ground. "I'm sorry... I won't talk about it anymore..." 

"Thank you." for the first time, Jongup smiled at him. "Hey, do you want to go outside for a while?" 

--- 

"How came it, that you accidentally came into my room yesterday?" the boy asked, when they walked through the hospital's park. 

"Oh, I actually was searching for my sister's room, she had a surgery and I wanted to see her before it." 

"Ah... Strange that you came to my room then..." 

Himchan grinned. "Maybe it was destiny?" 

"Yeah, sure. What did destiny think then? 'Hm, let's send Jongup his old bully to make him do that surgery.' Believe me, there's no such thing like that." 

--- 

"Himchan?" the boy asked carefully, when they were back in his room. "I think it would be better if you don't come visit me anymore. Just because... Like I said earlier, i don't want anyone to be sad because of me." 

"Jonguppie..." Himchan sat down next to him on the edge of the bed and and looked him in the eyes. "I will be with you until the end. When I stayed away from you now, I'd be worried the whole time and I prefer being sad than being worried. I want to know that you're still alive."

There was silence for a while, before Jongup asked something. "Himchan, why do you care about me so much?"