{{ 06. End of Current Suffering }}

{{ Coming of Age }}

06.
End of Current Suffering

--- LAST TIME ON {{ COMING OF AGE }} ---

"SURVIVOR OF YEOHUN CRUISE SHIP, INTERVIEWED ON THE EVENTS"

The survivor of the sinking of the Yeohun Cruise Ship, Park ____, 10 years old, shares her story with us. She has struggled to live, and unintentionally killed her fellow student. 

The other texts were blurred out... I was feeling dizzy. Soojung did nothing but bring me down. I wasn't doing anything, except she feels threatened that I'd take her spot as "Queen" which I have no intention of taking.

--- NOW WE CONTINUE ---

--- YOUR POV ---

"This girl right in front of your eyes, a girl who killed someone else! Such a selfish brat!" Soojung was full of anger, I could see it in her eyes.

Before anything else, the spotlight heads over to Si Ah... "And this one, Seok Si Ah, nothing but a wh*re." Then it lastly heads to Arin... "Oh, this one. Lee Arin... She'll just deceive you and take your money."

Why is this happening? I am to blame for this... They're going through this because of me... Before I knew it, I was running away. Tears were falling down my face, I didn't know where I was heading. I just ran and ran.

--- Jungkook's POV ---

What is Soojung up to?? Why. Why is she terrorizing these girls? Especially ____. ____ started running, instinctively, I shouted and ran after her, "YAH! PARK ____!"

I've been running for God knows how long, still no trace of her. "Where is this girl..." I began to feel exhausted... 

I then heard someone sobbing really hard, I hurriedly looked in the direction of the noise and there I saw her... "____!" My body was moving on its own, I hugged her instantly.

"I'm so scared... People will all hate me and want me to die..." She was shivering, my heart ached so much to see her like this.

"Let's go home, ____... I'll be here okay? Don't be scared. I'll be here." I caressed her hair, and guiding her to stand. I waked her home to Infiniti Maison and waited with her inside for the others. I talked with their landlady first before coming in of course, since boys aren't allowed.

The whole time, I hugged her. My heart was pounding like crazy, I don't even know anymore. She was still sobbing and crying and tears just won't stop. I got her a glass of water to help her calm down.

--- Arin's POV, back at Soojung's announcement ---

Everyone's looking at me. Why. Why is this happening to us? We barely do anything to stand out. Just then, ____ came running out of the school, Jungkook following her. I just walked out and stood outside under a tree.

"Arin-ah..." Taeyong oppa looked so sad.

"Oppa... I'm okay." I smiled, but I really couldn't hide it.

Taeyong oppa just looked down, and he started to cry. "Sorry Arin-ah... I couldn't do anything to protect you. Even back then when mom made you do things.. Sorry..."

I just sighed, "Oppa~ I shouldn't be the one comforting you, you know?" I jokingly said, and hugged him tightly. "I know, I know." We smiled, and patted my head. 

--- Back at the gym ---

"What the..." Jimin was a bit clueless on what was happening.

He then saw Arin walking out, but he really couldn't do anything, since Taeyong quickly followed her sister. 

Si Ah was just standing there, then laughing. "Bwohya, now that wh*re is crazy!" Soojung shouted. "You're just so pathetic that it amuses me." Si Ah moved her hair to the back of her ear.

"Honestly, you look crazier than me. A wh*re? When you're the one tossing yourself to everyone? Just stop whatever this is. Anyways, have fun all of you. Have fun with judging people with problems they had, I'm sure you'd like that happen to you too." She left off with the sarcastic remark.

--- Si Ah's POV --- 

I left the gym and just went to my usual spot when I want to be alone, at the back side of the school and sat by the wall. Then, Jongsuk appeared.

"Are you ok?" He asked me. "What do you think?" I answered.

"Why don't I treat you with ice cream and get you home? Deal?" He's the same as usual, the person who makes me feel better.

"Call~ Buy me chocolate ice cream~!" And we went our way like that.

--- Narrator's POV ---

Everyone thought that Soojung was being over the top, some sided with her and thought badly of the three, but honestly, that's just a few people. The girls all met up in the dorm and comforted each other. How will tomorrow be? As we like to say, be bothered by today first. You can deal with tomorrow later.

And so, will our girls be able to forgive Soojung for what she has done? What even made her be like this? Maybe we'll find out in the next chapter!

annyeong

Not really that long of a chapter. I kinda had a block rip. Anyways, hope you guys like it! Saranghaeeee <3

credits - contradictori