{{ 03. Lee Arin }}

{{ Coming of Age }}

03.
Lee Arin

--- LAST TIME ON {{ COMING OF AGE }} ---

'This is getting worse and worse, what should we do..' I thought to myself, as I looked at Arin who was crying because it hurt so much.

 

Jungkook-ssi came over to me, smiling. "It's gonna be fine okay?? Oppa will handle it!" 

--- NOW WE CONTINUE ---

After such a stressful and hectic day at school, with all the student council stuff going on, the girls decided to celebrate and host a party. 

"But, boys aren't allowed in our dorm." ____ pointed to the board, where it clearly says "NO BOYS ALLOWED".

"Oh, good point." Si Ah nodded in agreement to ____. "Do you guys have any better ideas? We barely like the other girls in our school, so hosting it here would just be a party between us three." She added, feeling lost as to where they can host a party.

While chewing a gum, Arin thought of an idea. "OH! What about hosting the party at our house?"

"Are you even fine at going back in there?" Si Ah looked seriously at Arin, truly there's something going on in the Lee household that ____ still wasn't aware of. "It's gonna be fine, Si Ah." Arin assured. "Anyways, I'm heading out first, I'll inform those at my house~ I'll call you when you can come!" Arin smiled and got her bag, leaving the dorm.

--- Arin's POV ---

I don't even know why I said that. I say I'm fine, that I'm okay with going back in there... But there's a reason I rented a dorm, even if my house was closer to Klein Dior. I didn't want to continue being a puppet for my mom. I disliked being near her. Ever since she and dad went their separate ways, it's always her trying to manipulate me into doing things, to get things she wants.

--- FLASHBACK ---

"Arin-ah, we'll be meeting the heir of Loxus, and you already know the routine. He'll come to Aristocrat at around 1:00pm today, so better be dressed fine and proper. Got it?" Mom smiled at me as if there was nothing wrong in what we were doing.

I just smiled back, I didn't have the courage to fight her. I did as I was told, and got dressed. 

It was 12:40, mom said we should be leaving soon. We rode one of the cars she got from being a con-artist, we have various types like police cars, ambulances, the list goes on, all coming from the dirty deeds she did.

She said that we're pretending to be someone who came from a company, and we'd have to get money from the said man. People trust people so easily, this is why they get deceived. 

Getting there, the man was there. He was around 30 years old, wearing a suit and tie, groomed hair, and he had sunglasses hanging on his suit pocket. My mom mostly did all the talk about business, and finally she introduced me.

"This is Jung Jieun, my daughter. She's quite pretty, isn't she?" Why was her dialogue different from what we were supposed to do... Why does it feel like I'm the one being deceived. And the next thing she said disgusted me, "Why don't you marry her? Your father wants you to get married before obtaining the position, right?"

I thought it was going to be fine. My mom left me there with him after getting the money, saying that she'll take it to the my 'father,' the 'CEO.' That's when it hit me. She practically sold me to this man. She'd be hiding herself, while I can't get away. The man sat beside me, and put his hand on my thigh, saying "Let's get to my hotel, I'll test you myself." 

I was scared, but I had enough. "What? NO. GET AWAY FROM ME!" I shouted at him.

It was scarring. He was grabbing my arm, forcing me to stand and come with him, until a girl came along.

"Yah, this is an offence to the law. According to the Act No. 5423 of 2010, you have no right to do this offence to a woman. You're practically kidnapping her. Now, if you don't want any trouble, leave her and go on your way. You're quite busy, aren't you?" She seemed knowledgeable, and she was quite fierce too. 

This was the first time I met Si Ah, and I thank her a lot for saving me from that moment. She asked me if I was fine and all that, and I told her some of my story. She trusted me, and I trusted her. We ended up renting the dorm Infiniti Maison together. I didn't know her story yet, but it was fine for now.

--- BACK TO THE PRESENT ---

My mom's currently abroad, still doing her thing. I haven't talked to her ever since that incident, it's been a year since then. 

After telling my brother about the party, we began setting up the balloons, decorations and other things. We decided to order lots of food too.

"Arinnie, is ____ gonna come too? Can she come?" Taeyong oppa asked calmly. This is strange.

"Of course she is. Why?" I looked at him and giggled. My brother's got a crush~

"Nothing in particular." He brushed me off, wow. He continued doing his stuff. After a few hours we were finally finished!

--- Narrator's POV ---

Arin gave ____ a call and told them to come to her her. Since they haven't been there before, they were kind of lost.

"Arin-ah, we're already at the bus waiting shed and we don't know if this is the correct one. What should we do?" ____ was looking at the bus, seeing the places it will stop at.

"Just ride the bus that we typically ride, the one that goes to the direction of the school. We'd fetch you at the shed there. See you!" Arin instructed. 

They did as they were told and finally reached the next bus shed. Arin and Taeyong were already there. They greeted one another, but Taeyong was just looking at ____. Obvious much. They continued walking to the house, it wasn't that large but the atmosphere felt expensive (lol). There were balloons everywhere. And of course food!

"OMO! I LOVE YOU ALREADY ARIN!" ____ hugged Arin, being a food lover herself. She couldn't stop looking at the food.

"Yahh~ ____-ah, you might fall in love with the food. We need to share~" Si Ah laughed, but really that wasn't funny (rip Xia's jokes). 

Taeyong wanted to get closer to ____, but he didn't know how. 'Maybe later,' he thought.

The other guys finally arrived too, Jungkook and Jungsuk. And woah, they brought in a new face.

"Annyeong! We brought Jimin along, that's fine right?" Jungkook said as they saw the girls, and Taeyong.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" The Jimin guy greeted and bowed, but he ended up staring at Arin. 

"Yah Jimin-ah, stop staring at my sister." Taeyong warned him, jokingly did the 'I'm watching you' gesture at Jimin.

Jimin's face was like, 'This guy is ruining my advancement.' But what he said was, "Aniyoo! I wasn't staring at all..."

Everyone went ahead and ate the food that was on the table, afterwards Si Ah suggested to play something.

"Why don't we play Truth or Dare!" Jungkook happily suggested, and everyone seemed fine with it. "Starting with you. Truth or Dare?" Jungkook pointed at ____.

What secrets may come out in their game of truth and dare? Will it go smoothly, without any friendships breaking? Or all hell will be set free? Find out in the next chapter!

annyeong

Hi again! Thank you to our most recent subscribers! Anyways, this chapter was based mostly around Arin's background, so I hope you were all fine with that. We plan on filling all the blanks in each plotlines, so yeahhh. Thank you! See you in the next update <3

credits - contradictori