{{ 02. Student Council Election Mayhem }}

{{ Coming of Age }}

01.
Student Council Election Mayhem

--- LAST TIME ON {{ COMING OF AGE }} ---

Soojung approached ____, "Yah, don't even dare getting attention on yourself. You'll just have a bad time. You're also not that pretty. The name's Jung Soojung, get it engraved on your head that I'm the queen here."

"Eh... What did I do wrong..?" ____ was clueless, and a bit afraid. It's her first day and this is what she encounters first hand.

.....

"More problems, great."____ was thinking on how she should act in school... Should she fight back once it happens again? Should she stay quiet? A lot of questions was going in her mind.

--- NOW WE CONTINUE ---

A new day again in Infiniti Maison. The girls got ready for school once more. Today was Friday, also it's the day for students who want to participate in the Student Council gather and make their party. 

"I heard Soojung's running for president, that'd be a total nightmare." Si Ah sighed, as she was eating her cereal.

"Why is she even considered the 'queen' of the school?" ____ asked, truly it is sketchy.

"Well. Her father's one of the school's sponsors, as far as I know. That ended up getting her fake friends who worship her due to their wealth." Arin recalled, nodding as she explained.

"There's just so many rumors about Soojung, you know. And they're all bad ones." Si Ah added. "Anyways, are you guys finished? We're gonna be late. Arin-ah, shouldn't you be early since you're gonna get ready for today's election?" She continued and stood up.

"Ahhh! Right! You two, you need to run for Vice and Secretary, ok?" Arin hurriedly got her bag and went for the door, "I'm going first! See you there!" And there she goes.

"Wait. How can I run for this..?" ____ was dumbfounded, she scratched her head and sighed. "This is all too sudden, omo..."

The two went ahead and got to school as well. Since Arin didn't have a specific location to meet up, they tried finding her.

"Is anyone here?" ____ looked through a room.

"Oh! ____-ah! Annyeong~" Arin happily greeted, "Where's---" Before Arin can even finish her sentence, Si Ah popped up. "ANNYEONG~" 

Everyone went inside and sat down, waiting for Arin to assess them on what to do in the campaign today. A guy nudged Si Ah, "Si Ah, who's the girl you were with?" The guy asked.

"Ahhh, that's Park ____, she's new to our school~ Wae, you like her?" Si Ah teased the guy. "Ehh?? A-aniyo!" The guy denied, but it's kind of obvious.

He just looked at ____ without being aware of it.

After deciding the positions that everyone will run for, Arin stood up. "Alright! Let's practice our introductions one by one, I'll start it and will continue from Vice President to Student Counselor."

"Annyeonghaseyo! I'm Lee Arin of Class 2-A, and I'm running for President this year! I've been last year's Secretary, and I believe that I did well serving our school, so I hope to continue! Please vote for me and the others! Kamsahamnida!" Arin smiled and bowed.

--- Your POV ---

'Aigoo-yah, this is nerve-wracking.' I thought as Arin was giving her speech. She's really a natural at those things. I began thinking of things that I would say, 'Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Park ____ and I'm running for Vice President. I'm new but I know--- Ani ani, this won't work! I need to think of anothe one...' I was fidgeting, and getting stressed out.

I felt someone tap my shoulder, I looked to my side to see who it was. "It's going to be okay~" A guy smiled a bit, and nodded as well.

"Lee Taeyong imnida, I'm Arin's brother. Nice to meet you!" He said, omona he's handsome though... And really nice. He seems just like Arin.

"Ah de, annyeonghaseyo. Park ____ imnida. Nice to meet you too." I said, as I slightly bowed my head towards him. I noticed that Arin was finished. It's my turn now.

I breathed in deeply before speaking out. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Park ____ of Class 2-A, running for this year's Vice President. I'm fairly new to this school, but I have vast knowledge of being in a student organization. Please do vote for us! Thank you!" I bowed, finally I finished.

--- Narrator's POV --- 

Next up would be Jeon Jungkook, one of the school's heartthrobs. Girls would die for him, (they just say that).

"Annyeong~ Jeon Jungkook is here from class 2-B, and I'll be running as the school's Treasurer. I'll be sure to keep everything safe~ So please do vote for me and my partymates~ Thanks!" The guy was booming with self-confidence, it even felt like he was an idol of some sort (kekeke)

When Si Ah was up next, people entered the room. It was Soojung and her party members. "This is pathetic." Soojung scoffed. A guy went up to Si Ah while he was covering his face.

"Miss me?" The guy smiled at her.

"Ah jinjja." Si Ah looked annoyed, but a hint of smile could be seen on her face.

"Yah, Soojung-ah. Whatever you have in your sleeves, it's not going to work." Arin was getting a bit irritated.

"You're all going to lose, just admit it. You can't defeat me." Soojung laughed, and gestured the others to come with her.

After a while, it was time for them to go up the stage and really introduce themselves. There were 4 partylists. First up was Soojung's party. 

"Hi everyone! I'm pretty sure you all already know me, I'm Jung Soojung, Klein Dior's Krystal~ And I'm running for President! Although I don't have much experience, I will work hard! Thank you!" She bowed, there were claps, but most of them were just scared.

Next up was the guy who went to Si Ah. "Annyeong~! I'm Seok Si Ah's loving namja (man), Lee Jongsuk imnida~! I'm running as the school's secretary, and I believe in my ability to serve the school in the best way possible. Thank you everyone!" He bowed and smiled. Si Ah didn't know how to react, since they were NOT together. If you call him teasing her, and her smacking him as together then yes.

Girls were screaming for him, guys were jealous of him. Everyone finished, and so did Arin's, as practiced earlier they did well, and got the support of the students.

--- Your POV ---

'Aigoo my heart... At least it's done now, and the only thing we have left is the election. I hope we do win...' I thought to myself. It was such a pleasant experience, especially with such wonderful people around.

After a few hours, it was already judging time... The results were posted.

President Lee Arin 4000/5000
Vice President Park ____ 3970/5000
Secretary Lee Jongsuk 3500/5000
Treasurer Jeon Jongkook 3999/5000
Student Counselor Seok Xia 3989/5000

"OMO! We did it!" I happily clapped my hands, and hugged Arin and Si Ah. It was really a wonderful time. Taeyong-ssi high-fived me, and smiled at me gently, Jungkook-ssi hugged me. 'Oh no, what's happening. My heartbeat is racing. Pabo-yah, stop...' I shook my head to get back to my senses. 'I barely know them. Calm down...' I breathed deeply.

"Let's go celebrate!" Jungkook jumped and jumped, he was so hyped. 

"You did great, ____-ah~ We're proud of you!" Si Ah patted my head. I didn't really think that she was this nice. 

Then Soojung came to our room again... "YAH! DON'T STEAL MY SPOT, B*TCH!" It was shocking. Soojung grabbed Arin's hair, and Arin was trying to push her away. For a second I was frozen in place, and quickly realized that I needed to do something. I was holding Soojung's wrist and trying to loosen her grip. "BWOHYAH!!!" Arin was hurt and screaming, still trying to push Soojung away. Si Ah was fighting off the other minion, since she was trying to help Soojung.

'This is so hectic!' I thought to myself. I was using all my strength. The boys, seriously, they froze for approximately 2 minutes before helping. Finally, they separated the two. Taeyong hugged Arin and comforted her. A guy who I don't know was nagging Soojung.

"YOU'LL ALL PAY FOR THIS!" Soojung shouted at us, stomping her feet. She passed by Si Ah, and pushed her over.

"Yah! Soojung this is too much!" Jongsuk held Si Ah so she wouldn't fall. "Are you ok?" He looked so caring, behind all the teasing, maybe he does love her. Si Ah just nodded. Everyone's just shocked at the things that happened in just 5 minutes.

'This is getting worse and worse, what should we do..' I thought to myself, as I looked at Arin who was crying because it hurt so much.

 

Jungkook-ssi came over to me, smiling. "It's gonna be fine okay?? Oppa will handle it!" 

It was heartwarming to know that, even though he doesn't know if he's even older than me. But he's from the same year level... Anyways this is not the time to be thinking that. 

"Kamsahamnida, Jungkook-ssi." I smiled back at him, and excused myself to go to Arin. After having a talk with Jongsuk, Si Ah as well went over to Arin, and we hugged her tightly. Some of her hair was pulled out, but not enough to let her have bald spots. We sat for a while and calmed down, then fixing our things to go home. The guys escorted us to Infiniti Maison, ensuring that nothing will happen to us. 

I was really thankful to all of them. Before, I could barely speak up on stage. And if I did, I couldn't deliver it as well. Although things were hectic here, with all the Soojung drama, it was still nice. I discovered that there were really wonderful people.

The next time on {{ Coming of Age }}, they will have a little party, and a few games as well... What would happen? What truths could be spilled? Will Soojung do something to them? Find out in the next chapter!

annyeong

Hiii! So this is the second time that I'm writing this. Annyeong, it's Law here. I was so pissed yesterday since I misclicked, and everything that I wrote was gone. But gladly I made something better, maybe that's the reason as to why I misclicked loool. Anyways, enjoy!

credits - contradictori