Heart 1

Dahyun's Cupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heart 1: Dahyun’s First Day at School

Dahyun got off the bus and stood beneath the large sign that says “Kirin Arts University”. KAU is widely considered to be one of the most prestigious university in South Korea. It is open for both idols and those who aspire to become one. Dahyun took a deep breath mustering every strand of courage she has.  There’s nothing more nerve-wrecking than first days of school more so, as a first-year college student.

Dahyun watched the students walk inside the huge, silver gate of the University for a little while as she fiddled with the end strap of her backpack. She’s the only one who’s entering with no one she could link arms with as they gleefully waltz and stride, giggling and telling each other how friendship goals this is. Yup, she’s all alone, by herself.

She tightened the grip around the straps of her backpack, and glance the sign above her. She closed her eyes and pursed her lips before taking a deep breath. “Fighting, Kim Dahyun.” She told herself while tying her long, brown, wavy hair in a ponytail. But before she could even finish tying her hair up, someone bump into her causing her to accidentally and messily released the strands of hair from her palm.

“S-sorry. I’m sorry.” A very tall and manly guy apologized while he picked up the hair tie that fell from her grasp.

“It’s okay.” Dahyun nodded as she assured him that she’s really fine. Well, it took her five seconds before she could answer. Well, he was really tall, a lot taller than her. His eyes were very pretty as well as his lips and his nose. Dahyun reminded him of someone who just went out of a manga. She felt relieved that her hair covered her face because she felt insecure. “How can a guy look so pretty yet manly?” Dahyun moved away the strands of her hair messed up in her face as he watched him busily walk away, “How can someone be so perfect?” she murmured.  

She looked around and saw everyone glancing her way. She jerked her head a little while closing her eyes as she’s feeling upset and embarrassed. I probably looked stupid while watching him. Thanks god, I didn’t drool.

She accidentally and unfortunately looked right into one of the student’s eyes. D-did he just smirk? Is he mocking me or – that! He’s cute but – no, he isn’t Dahyun. Look at that mochi looking face that would make you want to squeeze those chubby, pinkish cheeks and-  She thought as she watched him walked away with that smirk plastered on his face. “You’re not getting away – “ Dahyun tried to argue but then she thought it’d be a big letdown to have an enemy on her first day of school as a college student. And her attention was also caught by that rectangular, boyish smile of the guy walking right beside that mochi-looking guy.

“There are too many good-looking guys in this university I can’t choose one. But I’d probably like this guy right behind me. He’s the best. Kyaa~” A voice whispered right behind her, which gave chills through her body. She froze for a second but immediately turned her whole body around to see the voice’s owner’s face. Standing in front of her, is a man as white as snow, and as slim as a model with a gummy smile which immediately turned dead serious. How can someone change drastically just like that? He looked cute for a second then scary… Dahyun thought as she stared back at him.

The guy pursed his lips and shrugged. “I’m really not sure what game we’re playing.”

“Eh?” Dahyun was dumbfounded.

“Are we not playing anything? Ah!” the guy suddenly said out of the blue as if he’s realized something important. “We were just staring? Sorry, I really like those kinds of games, staring game and let’s-see-who’d-talk-first. I find them amusing and exciting.”

Dahyun’s mouth was left ajar. “I…” she stared into his eyes for the last

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter